Scotland in HDR

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from around Scotland, all in HDR.

5411425102_883eaa08cd_z.jpg

Loch Ard HDR

5089152897_8405c1b73d_z.jpg

Loch Lomond

5089156779_bfa5b57fba_z.jpg

Glen Etive

5089117215_7ac2efaffb_z.jpg

Portencross, just down the road from me.

4612324789_d6c728256e_z.jpg

Portencross again.

5381616333_d6e89f5347_z.jpg

And the last one from Ardrossan.

Any comments welcome.
the link to my flickr pages http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmessenger/page2/ where there a more of the same.

Last edited:
Second one. Not too much HDR and looks pretty awesome. Which software did you used?

I think ALL of these are awesome.....like the gentle hdr's with only 3 maybe going into a tone mapping feel...but it's such a pretty scene it suits it well.
No5 is just brill.

..."Photomatix, and then blending one of the originals in Photoshop, with the HDR version."....The only hdr method I know is to take multiple images at diff exposures and merging with a tone mapping after.
Are yours done in the field or making multiple images from one original.

Keith (y)

Really nice (y)

2 is my favourite as well

Can you expand on the photoshop/photomatrix blending please

Cheers

Very nice set. I particularly like number 1. Excellent composition and I like that brilliant green of the building and reflection beyond the end of the pier.

I've never been a fan of HDR/tonemapping, I find the colours often appear too false-looking, yet these shots look ok. I think #3 was the only one I wasn't overly keen on, but the rest do look good.

Having said that, I'm only a beginner to DSLR photography myself, so don't look too much into my opinion.

Thanks for all looking.
I'm answer to some questions about the possessing I use
I use 3 images tone mapped in photomatix then export to PhotoShop after getting the effect I want .
After levels or sharpening and any other adjustments I make I then import one of the original images and overlay over the hdr image and ajist the blending mode to suit what I like best. This takes away some of the over the top effects you can get in hdr pictures and give a nice look to an image.

Thanks for all looking.
I use 3 images tone mapped in photomatix then export to PhotoShop after getting the effect I want .
After levels or sharpening and any other adjustments I make I then import one of the original images and overlay over the hdr image and ajist the blending mode to suit what I like best. This takes away some of the over the top effects you can get in hdr pictures and give a nice look to an image.

Thanks for letting us know the "secrets"...works just great...fantastic technique.

keith

Superb set of shots. I'm off to Durness and Cape Wrath next month but will also be visiting a number of lochs around the top there as well as Lomond on the way back. I hope I can get something like these. Very inspirational.

really love 5 and 6 thanks for sharing with us im a fan of hdr but as yet not produced anything to that standard will be trying out your method of processing.

great set Paul, very nicely done imvho, the only negative bit for my taste I think No3 maybe just a tad overdone......but hey who am i to crit when you quite clearly have a technique that works (y):clap:

mcwarrior said:
Thanks for all looking.

Thanks for this, I've been wanting to do some HDR but not ott and this really helps :D

very nice. especially number 2 makes me want to jump straight in.

I love number 2, absolutely love it. All the rest are outstanding but I agree that number 3 is a bit too much.

I can only echo the posts already - mostly a great set - 2,4 and 6 shine for me with no 3 the most obvious HDR one of the lot.

Thanks for all looking.

I really like HDR and this is a top tip I am going to give a go, I like 1&2 the best but number 1 probably edges it for me you have captured the scene perfectly.

Back