Scotland in HDR

Thanks for all looking.
I'm answer to some questions about the possessing I use
I use 3 images tone mapped in photomatix then export to PhotoShop after getting the effect I want .
After levels or sharpening and any other adjustments I make I then import one of the original images and overlay over the hdr image and ajist the blending mode to suit what I like best. This takes away some of the over the top effects you can get in hdr pictures and give a nice look to an image

If that's all it takes to get such beautiful images, I think then I'll have to continue to oggle at yours.

D in W.........he who tries to spend the absoute minimum amount of time PP'ing.

One day a camera will do all that, I can't wait.....:eek:

love them great shots and you have not went over the top on the hdr :cool: no3 maybe just a wee bit heavy but still a good pic well done, like the idea of overlapping the original then using the blend mode to effect nice one I will be trying that cheers (y)

6 is pretty good but 2 and 5 are excellent.

Dave

Thanks for all looking.
I'm answer to some questions about the possessing I use
I use 3 images tone mapped in photomatix then export to PhotoShop after getting the effect I want .
After levels or sharpening and any other adjustments I make I then import one of the original images and overlay over the hdr image and ajist the blending mode to suit what I like best. This takes away some of the over the top effects you can get in hdr pictures and give a nice look to an image.

Never heard of this technique before, going to have to give this a try

As for your set, these are some of the best HDR images i think i have ever seen, keep up the good work

Hi,
your shots are excellent - great composition. Show HDR (or for that matter non-HDR) to a bunch of photographers and you will get lots of advice and criticism. I like HDR on a single shot - you look at it and think wow, that has impact! By the time you have seen several in a row you begin to think they don't look real; my eye has never seen such amazing clarity or tonal variation. However we all want the killer look, and HDR often provides that initial hit that we all crave. I find it really hard to be objective with my own photos - I guess it is like painting you never know when to stop post-processing. We see stunning photos in magazines get to a location but invariably the light, time of day, season never fulfills our expectations. Ah the life of a landscape photographer!

Still great pictures!

Bryan

Very very nice set, lovely compostitions and beautiful processing.

Fantastic set, if i had to choose its number 1 for me, but all great

Well as someone who isn't really into HDR, these are just excellent. You have in my view found just the right balance for the level of HDR effect.

They are all great , my favourites are 1,2 and 4.

Al quite inspiring actually.

Fantastic pictures.

Scotland really does look beautiful, I really must take a trip up there one day

Number 2 - brilliant shot - the stones in the water just give it some foreground interest too. 6 is also nice, the patterns give it another dimension in a similar way. Very well done!

What a cracking set Paul, does'nt seem a good enough compliment really.
Paul could I ask which lens you were using.

Cheers Alan.

Back