Sea Vixen emergency landing after landing gear failure.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not seen this mentioned on the forum. Sadly the Sea Vixen had to make an emergency landing at Yeovilton late on 27th May after visiting Duxford. Im happy to say the pilot was unhurt, and looking at the skill that he completed the belly landing the Sea Vixen survived relatively well. It's a shame as I was looking forward to seeing her on Sunday at Shuttleworths Fly Navy day. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad and she can be returned to flight again soon.

https://theaviationist.com/2017/05/27/sea-vixen-does-wheels-up-emergency-landing-at-duxford/

Last edited:
Oops, last one as well!

Ooooh!

As you say "relatively" unscathed but repairs will be expensive and will require spare parts or the economic manufacture of them! Plus the question of how well the airframe has stood up to the stresses of the landing.

I hope it will fly again :)

Ooooh!

As you say "relatively" unscathed but repairs will be expensive and will require spare parts or the economic manufacture of them! Plus the question of how well the airframe has stood up to the stresses of the landing.

I hope it will fly again :)
That's going to be the issue repairing the last of its kind. Hopefully the airframes will be ok. I'm guessing it's going to be a while before we see her flying again if it's possible.

Oh that is a shame - glad pilot okay and hopefully they'll be able to fix it / get it flying again...

Back