weekly Seaodyssey's 52 in 2023 Week 52 Pick of 2023 Completed

Nicely caught up Pete.

I like the pov on the windmill shot and the juxtaposition of old and new.
The “volcano” pic is just perfect for artificial and is nicely framed.
The waterfall fits well into the transparent theme, though I do like the shower brick as something different.
Thanks Pete
Great catch up, all really nice images, I particularly like the falling water shot.
Ta for the comment Jim
Good catch up. I rather like the abstract transparent shot.
Thank you Helen
Great catchup Pete, I like them all.
Thanks Bill
Good catch up Pete. Nice shots all.
Thank you Simon.

Thank you all for your comments.

Pete

Very sweet.. they're popping up everywhere at the moment. I like the way you've captured the light and shade.

Thought there was going to be an attempt at justifying a juxtaposition here. Rarely see snowdrops growing in gravel or stones??

Like this, could take a crop or zoom to get closer to the snowdrop? Nice light in the lower left corner too.

Very sweet.. they're popping up everywhere at the moment. I like the way you've captured the light and shade.
Thanks Helen.
Thought there was going to be an attempt at justifying a juxtaposition here. Rarely see snowdrops growing in gravel or stones??

Like this, could take a crop or zoom to get closer to the snowdrop? Nice light in the lower left corner too.
Thanks Graham, it was cropped a bit to remove a wooden planter out of the top left hand corner and I wanted the other non flowering plants as well.
You got the whites bang on for the snow drop Pete, have always liked these.
Thanks you Dave

Pete

The fact that the light just beyond the snowdrop is subdued gives the lit flower a standout appeal with all the right bits in sharp focus. This could have been a picture of a snowdrop but you have turned it into a beautiful picture of a snowdrop. Good effort.

The fact that the light just beyond the snowdrop is subdued gives the lit flower a standout appeal with all the right bits in sharp focus. This could have been a picture of a snowdrop but you have turned it into a beautiful picture of a snowdrop. Good effort.
Thank you Martin

Week 06 Knobs

A knob is not a thing in the modern world, we used to have knobs on TVs and Radios, loads in cars, but today they are touch or buttons to press, I liked to twiddle, not so much fun holding a finger waiting for the correct setting to wizz past.

Here is mine in B&W

TP52-2023 Wk06 Knobs by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

Pete

With you there Pete. I "upgraded" my car about 2 years ago for the latest model. It's fab, BUT has moved to touch controls instead of knobs for fan/heaters etc. Far more fiddly and not intuitive at all. No feedback.

Nice crackely knobs by the way.

Nice mono knobs Pete :)

Like the knob picture with pattern or crazing
letter box definitely fits the theme

Good composition for knobs, like the crinkly knobs.
Nothing better than a good old fashioned post box.

Ah the good old post box! definitely fits the theme, like the striking colour of the red, must have been recently re-painted.

one of the ideas I had, fits the theme well.

red stands out against the green grass - nice and shiny - looks recently (and quickly) painted!

Perfect for the theme. That's probably seen an awful lot of letters.

Good letter theme shot,
Occasionally I've come across a VR box, but not many about,

Certainly fits the theme!

Like the knob picture with pattern or crazing
letter box definitely fits the theme

Can't beat a letterbox, nice shot.

Good composition for knobs, like the crinkly knobs.
Nothing better than a good old fashioned post box.

Ah the good old post box! definitely fits the theme, like the striking colour of the red, must have been recently re-painted.

Ah yes good picture for the theme!

one of the ideas I had, fits the theme well.

Got to love a good pillar box Pete!

red stands out against the green grass - nice and shiny - looks recently (and quickly) painted!
Yes, I think it was Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen who did the painting:)
Perfect for the theme. That's probably seen an awful lot of letters.
I would guess that it has, but at a reducing pace.
Works well for me Pete.

Good letter theme shot,
Occasionally I've come across a VR box, but not many about,
There is a gold one around here somewhere.

Thank ye all for spending time on your comments.

Pete

That's really nice, lovely and bright on the daffs, with the kitchen a bit dimmer making a great background for context.

Nice flaaaaarz and lit well :)

Good composition and dof... the daffs really stand out with the kitchen sitting nicely in the background.

Managing some comment catch-up!

Snappers Choice - Thats the kind of flower I like, one that maintains itself!!

Knobs - You are right, there is not much call these days for analogue adjustments, with the majority of items being digital control.

Letters - I wonder when the first post box will appear with the King's crest? Looks like it's had a fresh coat of paint.

Kitchen - Looks nice with the vase of flowers with lots of contrasting colours for interest in the rest of the photo.

What a lovely looking kitchen Pete, nice touch having the daffs in as well.
Thanks Dave, it suits us.
Good composition and dof... the daffs really stand out with the kitchen sitting nicely in the background.
Thank you Helen, it came out well.
Managing some comment catch-up!

Snappers Choice - Thats the kind of flower I like, one that maintains itself!!

Knobs - You are right, there is not much call these days for analogue adjustments, with the majority of items being digital control.

Letters - I wonder when the first post box will appear with the King's crest? Looks like it's had a fresh coat of paint.

Kitchen - Looks nice with the vase of flowers with lots of contrasting colours for interest in the rest of the photo.
Thanks for your catch up Stuart, I must do the same

Pete

Very nice Pete. Your use of light to highlight the daffodils makes for a very appealing image.

The brightness of the daffodils really works as does the composition with the kitchen in the BG

My Week 09 Broken

Spotted many broken branches will out walking Dudley, this looked the the most broken while still attached, I did not want sticks on the ground.

TP52-2023 Wk09 Broken Branch by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

It was a shame that the background is a similar colour, but I think it stands out enough.

Pete

Back