Semi-Professional Tog: First time on Internet forum

Snigger. I come back from Aikido to miss all the fun.

Looks like the OP has gone quiet though. He didn't say he was jetting off for another job did he? I hope we didn't catch him in a brief respite of his busy professional schedule.

Nowt much doing here except some chatty replies :(..........
think I need to go take another avatar face-pic :) Getting bored with the sticky finger now. Not getting any younger either.
Wish I was 21 again :( Those were the days.

Looks like the OP has gone quiet though. He didn't say he was jetting off for another job did he? I hope we didn't catch him in a brief respite of his busy professional schedule.

think I need to go take another avatar face-pic :) Getting bored with the sticky finger now. Not getting any younger either.

Talk amongst yourself Marcel. :LOL:

Starts with a point.

Then ... random?

Sorry, I'm waffling tonight. Quite bored. Had a really good training session so my mind's all over the show. :p

England to win in 2010 in South Africa.

Could you get a media pass for the final and sit pitch side with a "4 year old compact" ? :LOL:

One quick question can I still buy 126 film for my instamatic? and where from? TIA (y)

Rumour has it Jessop's in Norwich has them. Ask the really old guy in the corner to show you the stairs to the basement department :LOL:

Last edited:
haha, not read all this thread but the start made me laugh. Couple of pics with a compact and that makes you a Semi-pro......no such thing as Semi-pro, Pro means you get paid, so you either get paid or you don't.

Good luck with the business, I wouldn't show potential customers those snapshots though.

Hiya

My name is Anthony and I've been a semi professional photographer for 5 years now. My moto is you don't need thousands of pounds worth of kit to be successful. I shoot with a 4 year old compact camera but my results are still just as good in my opinion. I do quite a few weddings and i am about to quit job to start up my own photography business so i will be turning fully professional soon.

I mainly signed up to this forum for advice on business names and so on but i thought i'd post some of my work as i love positive comments... the photos are linked from my facebook so not the usual quality. dont let that put you off ***.

4744_94931247022_504087022_2337755_7146838_n.jpg

4744_94931237022_504087022_2337753_2060757_n.jpg

4744_94931287022_504087022_2337763_2668667_n.jpg

n504087022_680427_7433.jpg

4253_91564567022_504087022_2285183_7154705_n.jpg

4253_91564587022_504087022_2285186_4746004_n.jpg

4253_91564377022_504087022_2285149_2882029_n.jpg

4253_91564392022_504087022_2285152_239059_n.jpg

Anyway that will do for now. i would like to get a more powerful flash but i have heard i need something caleld a hotshoe? where can i get one of those please?

cheers

Anthony

I am new too tony but i think you need more lubrication on your finkle valves to stop the overhead vision that is obviously distorting the outfold pressure to the manifold sprocket which can result in a sudden influx of dinkle softness.

Hope this helps,

yours sincerley

Mr Ingleburdenfarcleharsonftangftangorangumbiscuitbarrel.

I am new too tony but i think you need more lubrication on your finkle valves to stop the overhead vision that is obviously distorting the outfold pressure to the manifold sprocket which can result in a sudden influx of dinkle softness.

Hope this helps,

yours sincerley

Mr Ingleburdenfarcleharsonftangftangorangumbiscuitbarrel.

Dont forget the flange!

Perhaps this is Anthony himself?

Does anyone recognise him? Anyways Anthony if you are reading, I think you need to crop more of the photos and perhaps adjust the exposures a bit as some of your sky is a tad blown out.

cheers,

Andrew

hphotos-ak-snc1

Well personally I just can't fathom him wanting to use a compact of such obvious technological advancement in this day and age. Not without extensive training.

I'd suggest he get's one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_film pronto before people see what he's using and fail to take him seriously. :shrug:

i dont think its richard and dom, but he is part of another double-act......

Any news of more pictures?

TP's best ever thread ;)

LINKY

What a swizz :razz:!

I read the first 4 pages and still couldn't figure out what "MILF" actually stands for :thinking:.

Gonna have to go and Google it now :bang: (bloody useless forum, mumble, mumble ....)

Errr have a look at the second post in the thread mate ;)

Errr have a look at the second post in the thread mate ;)

I did ... and it didn't make any sense :thinking:! Shouldn't there be a "Y" on the end of that (MILFY) and a small "T" in the middle (MILtFY)? Or even a "W", in case the constriction "I'd" confuses people (ie. MIWLtFY) :shrug:.

:| If knowing stuff like this is what, "Getting out more" will allow me to do ... I think I'll start staying in ;).

Mr. Logic

Hiya

My name is Anthony and I've been a semi professional photographer for 5 years now. My moto is you don't need thousands of pounds worth of kit to be successful. I shoot with a 4 year old compact camera but my results are still just as good in my opinion...

cheers

Anthony

(y) You're absolutley right with your motto there, Anthony.

:| Obviously there's a slight degradation in image quality when you move down from, say, a Canon 1D (wedding tog's fave ;)), to a compact such as the one that you're using. Still, it's really only as noticable as the difference between using a digital compact, compared to, say, a pencil and paper :shrug:.

;)

I did ... and it didn't make any sense :thinking:! Shouldn't there be a "Y" on the end of that (MILFY) and a small "T" in the middle (MILtFY)? Or even a "W", in case the constriction "I'd" confuses people (ie. MIWLtFY) :shrug:.

:| If knowing stuff like this is what, "Getting out more" will allow me to do ... I think I'll start staying in ;).

Mr. Logic

I really can't work out if you are being serious or not? :shrug:

Out of curiousity, why do you call yourself a 'semi pro'...what have you been told or done to make you think this?

Perhaps he hasnt been paid yet :shrug:

If he jacks his job in & does this fulltime & gets paid, i guess that would make
him pro :LOL:

You have to feel for the OP, an obvious attempt at a tag-team wind up fell on its arse very fast, so FAIL for that, and if it was serious, FAIL for the photos.

Why is everyone convinced it's a wind up? I haven't been online today and there's several pages I haven't read. What has been said?

Back