Sending Sold Camera Bag/s?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Maybe silly question but anyone tell me how you send a camera bag that has sold? I have 3 bags to sell and one is quite large. Thankyou.

Big box! I have bought several secondhand, and they have always come that way.

with stuff like that i often use a few tough bin sacks and try to compress the stuff and tape it up like a hostage.

As above, tough bin bags and wrap tape tightly around them to compress as much as possible.

Reading with interest......................as I have one (maybe more?) bag that will likely be offered for sale!

Though bags whether in a box or "bag" wrapped are bulky and large parcels........so a question is just how much to allow to cover say RMSD postage???

Reading with interest......................as I have one (maybe more?) bag that will likely be offered for sale!

Though bags whether in a box or "bag" wrapped are bulky and large parcels........so a question is just how much to allow to cover say RMSD postage???
Depends on the weight. £8.80 for up to 1kg and £11 for up to 2kg

...so a question is just how much to allow to cover say RMSD postage???

you'll have to measure and weigh it, but the bandings are pretty wide for parcels so the PO website should give you enough of an idea.

Thankyou, just didn't want to send in a heavy duty refuse bag then the buyer complaining about the packaging.

Thankyou, just didn't want to send in a heavy duty refuse bag then the buyer complaining about the packaging.

Hmmm! I wonder as an extra layer of protective packaging it was wrapped in bubblewrap or corrugated cardboard?

Hmmm! I wonder as an extra layer of protective packaging it was wrapped in bubblewrap or corrugated cardboard?

you would be surprised how well wrapped you can get with a couple of the heavy duty refuses sacks
makes for a blimming tough parcel

Rubble sacks maybe, they're like extra strong black bags.

Rubble sacks maybe, they're like extra strong black bags.

Yep. Heavy duty plastic bags (most bin bags are too thin) and parcel tape all round :)

I've used some builders polythene I had left over in the past.

Depends on the weight. £8.80 for up to 1kg and £11 for up to 2kg

Strictly speaking the cost of RMSD is dependent on weight and your declaration of the value of the contents but I think the sweetie in my local post office has learned to gloss over this to stop me suddenly looking like a smacked bottom.

You might try one of the parcel courier intermediaries like Parcel2Go

Strictly speaking the cost of RMSD is dependent on weight and your declaration of the value of the contents but I think the sweetie in my local post office has learned to gloss over this to stop me suddenly looking like a smacked bottom.

You might try one of the parcel courier intermediaries like Parcel2Go
It does also depend on value, but the base price covers a value up to £500 which is more than enough to cover a used camera bag....

Just wrap the bag in brown parcel paper - if it gets damaged in transit, would you really want to stick camera gear in it?

Back