weekly SevernBore's 52 for 2015

Crowd certainly fits the theme, even without the text.
Plus, Deffs are just such happy flowers!

Sound......well that takes me back to Sunday School. I can almost here it in my head :)
I wonder how many of them there are still kicking around!

Hi Viv,
I suspect Sunday School has been much updated. Our local church runs a "Messy Church" for children, which includes arts and crafts!

Hi Andrew

glad to see you back in the game :wave:

Alphabet...well spotted for the theme, sc works for me in this setting & I like that the surrounding buildings kind of frame the main subject :)

Close up is just spoilt slightly by the heavy shadow but focus is good & the bright colors in the ribbon stand out well :)

Sound....like that , you've handled the exposure really well in the window (y)

Good stuff Andrew.

I like Alphabet ... good use of SC and sharp focus on the sign and BG brickwork.

Hi Lynne and David
Many thanks for the encouraging remarks. I had not previously noticed how dark was the shadow, but I certainly take the point.
Andrew:ty:

Hi Andrew

Experiment (in cross processing) ... interesting processing but it doesn't look like the result I'm familiar with. But the only "cross processing" I know is Picasa's quick click, no experiment involved.

Heat ... yes says Heat, but doesn't really look convincing. Again, interesting processing, maybe convincing is not what it's supposed to say.

Hi Andrew

Experiment (in cross processing) ... interesting processing but it doesn't look like the result I'm familiar with. But the only "cross processing" I know is Picasa's quick click, no experiment involved.

Heat ... yes says Heat, but doesn't really look convincing. Again, interesting processing, maybe convincing is not what it's supposed to say.
Hi David
Not sure why you do not recognise the cross-processing technique I have used. I thought it did actually show the sort of result you get when you develop a film type (prior to digital) in the wrong chemicals.
Not sure what to say about your comment on Heat as I am not sure what you consider to be missing.
Nevertheless, I appreciate all comments as they leave me with useful "food for thought".
Andrew

Hi Andrew

I'm too young and innocent to know about developing film in the wrong chemicals. I know that is the origin of the "cross-processing" word, but I don't know all it encompasses in this digital age.

Heat ... I don't think there's anything missing. I think the "liquid" in the cup looks odd. But hey this crit lark has never been my cup of tea.

Figures ... on theme. I like the POV and the way you've got the horizontals and verticals to fit the frame like that.

Hi Andrew,

heat - it fits the theme well, but I think the steam looks a bit unconvincing somehow - like it's been added in pp (but I'm probably way off)

figures - that's a good fit for an awkward theme, I like it

Well Andrew, I have to admit that my first thought was what a versatile local baker you have and before the penny dropped I was wondering why none of the figures looked like bakers :oops: :$ Some really colourful figures though and I'd love to see it in action!

First visit to your thread. A lot of experimental stuff which I like but have no idea of how to go about doing myself!
I think COMPANIONS would be the stand out shot in your 52 so far. It would have also worked for ELEGANT. Nice colours and composition.

Hi Andrew,

I really like your household shot, even if it is an archive image it's a great fir for the theme.

Bizarre - a very bizarre face indeed, nice & sharp on the face and I like the use of dof to concentrate the eyes on the face :)

hi Andrew - I love your household shot - fits the theme and shiny copper too :clap:

bizarre - weird head :) It pops out a lot and looks very bizarre although you seem to have used vignetting or something as there's a circular bit where the image is sharper. Nothing wrong with doing so but I think maybe it needs to be blended a bit more.

limit - see these a lot at the fords oop north and in the river, lovely shot :clap:

playing some catch up with commenting. I am way way behind with comments and photos:D. Just chosen a few from this page to comment on. I am sure I will be back to look at others during the year.
Figures: Beautiful colours and plenty of figures to look at. A well detailed shot.
Household: A nice set of pans courtesy of a NT property at a guess. The black pans contract well with the copper ones. Nice sharp image good to see the weathered look on some of the pans as well
Broken: Fits the themes in more ways than one. i am sure many were broken hearted at the loss of there loved one many years ago. I like the colour tones on this photo seems to fit the theme well.

well Done for being up to date.

I keep returning to the Household shot Stan - it is compelling ... maybe because of all that gleaming copper - well taken of course. Also like Broken - cracking DoF.

Hi Andrew

Limit - I really like this shot, I think it's the sunny highlights and all the greenery, makes me think of country walks in the summer :)
Broken - Spot on theme and great Dof, a very emotive shot :clap:

This image could feature against several themes Scenic but also sound - you can almost hear the thwack of leather on willow (it is willow isn't it). Anyway, typical English scenery as well as traditional village entertainment.

broken - spot on for the theme and a good shot too :clap:

entertain - nothing like the clack of leather on willow, birds chirping and a polite but muted round of applause. Shame cricket on TV isn't like that any more. One of my fave ways to be entertained :) I love your shot too, lots of wideness to bring in the blue sky, bright green grass and even a thatched cottage - well done :clap:

Nicely creative and well taken too. I would never have thought to do that. :clap:

I like that :) good idea too

really like Broken ... perfect pov, dof & soft tones.

Back