weekly SevernBore's 52 for 2015

Gorgeous! Nice sharp detail in the feathers and a lovely bokeh effect in the bg - spot on! :clap:

Plenty of detail in there Andrew, very nice (y)

Gorgeous! Nice sharp detail in the feathers and a lovely bokeh effect in the bg - spot on! :clap:
lovely shot, very sharp and fits the theme well
Plenty of detail in there Andrew, very nice (y)
Sharp shooting. :clap:
Hi All
Thanks for the nice comments - tasted good too! Only joking; these little whistling ducks wander around in little groups whistling all the time - quite endearing!:ty:

Sorry for only just visiting your thread, some great images so far, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Lovely image Andrew .. but a bit overly 'shopped?

Nice idea for vertical well shot and super colours only small crit for me is just the foreground leaf is a little off putting.

Nice vertical shot Andrew - good colours. Mouth is great idea too! :)

Nice Vertical shot. You must have got down low!

Mouth is great...fits the theme too.
(I'd still make the little buggers clean it off with a toothbrush though :LOL: )

Hi Thanks for all of the comments. I think there is graffiti and scruffiti. The former is often witty, artistic and in a good place. With the latter I absolutely abhor the minless and untalented "tags" and the scribbled obscenities. I would make the perpetrators lick them off! :muted: :muted:

Nice capture, great colours and an unusual but very fitting image for the theme. Thumbs up from me.

Hi Thanks for all of the comments. I think there is graffiti and scruffiti. The former is often witty, artistic and in a good place. With the latter I absolutely abhor the minless and untalented "tags" and the scribbled obscenities. I would make the perpetrators lick them off! :muted: :muted:

I agree.

Good shot, thanks for posting

Mouth, what a cracking piece of Graffiti !
Well spotted and captured, it fits well :)

Hi Andrw,

Vertical - lovely colourful shot, fits the theme very well and the daffodils stand out nicely against that sky

Mouth - great find, good fit for the theme

:)

Yep agree totally excellent spot and bang on theme.

well spotted for mouth :) I might have cropped out the grass but I guess it adds context :)

Lovely. A real proper crowd of daffs.

The daffs at the front and back are a little OOF (due to aperture choice?) according to my old eyes, and I'd prefer sharpness through the scene. If that's a deliberate choice though, fair play - I'll shut up. Same goes for the text - I think it's a marmite thing and it's not for me, though I get the reasoning. I really like the border though. Very discreet. Homemade or not? I also like how Vertical is a similar daffy theme yet a totally different perspective. Shows thought behind the images.

Nicely shot but agree with Ian's comments about the DoF issues. But not detracting from an otherwise pleasing image ... I don't mind the text. It helps to explain your rationale behind the shot.

Lovely. A real proper crowd of daffs.

The daffs at the front and back are a little OOF (due to aperture choice?) according to my old eyes, and I'd prefer sharpness through the scene. If that's a deliberate choice though, fair play - I'll shut up. Same goes for the text - I think it's a marmite thing and it's not for me, though I get the reasoning. I really like the border though. Very discreet. Homemade or not? I also like how Vertical is a similar daffy theme yet a totally different perspective. Shows thought behind the images.
Nicely shot but agree with Ian's comments about the DoF issues. But not detracting from an otherwise pleasing image ... I don't mind the text. It helps to explain your rationale behind the shot.

Thanks for comments. I agree depth of field is a bit off. Tried to handhold at a low ISO & shutter speed, but even with IS it did not quite get it. However, given the viewpoint thought it was acceptable. I am afraid the border is thanks to Colorefex!
Andrew

Hi Andrew ...the DOF doesn't bother me, in fact I like it, well done for finding all those, it was my original idea...and the text too, but I couldn't find a big enough clump.
Not too sure about the font/colour used for the text, but I guess it was difficult to find something that stood out enough. Bang on for the theme and a nice shot :)

Hi Andrew

Relax....lovely n sharp with plenty of detail in the feathers :)

Crowd.....think the crit re DOF has been mentioned but it's jammed packed with color & makes me feel all happy that spring is finally on it's way :)

Mouth...agree entirely with your thoughts on grafitti, but the one you've photographed is a cracking piece of artwork...well spotted :)

Back