Shameless Plug

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting article Chris, and much respect for working your way to success! (y)

Well done Chris and very interesting.(y):clap:

Just read this over on Emulsive - love them! Really enjoyed reading about the process too and dedication to getting those great photos. (y):)

Well done Chris, I'd be shamelessly plugging this if I'd done it. Great write up and a fantastically novel approach to the world of both pinholes and selfies. I look forward to seeing more.

Maybe some selfies on location, take your tin cans and mirror to great landscape locations around the UK, it would make a great book.

Well done Chris, I'd be shamelessly plugging this if I'd done it. Great write up and a fantastically novel approach to the world of both pinholes and selfies. I look forward to seeing more.

Maybe some selfies on location, take your tin cans and mirror to great landscape locations around the UK, it would make a great book.
Thanks Nick, yes I was planning on getting out-and-about. There are some technical difficulties with doing that, not least getting the exposure somewhere near because of the lack of a shutter (but I'm working on it)

Thanks Nick, yes I was planning on getting out-and-about. There are some technical difficulties with doing that, not least getting the exposure somewhere near because of the lack of a shutter (but I'm working on it)

Thinks - top hat over can or perhaps easier, a cylinder of black card that is not too snug a fit - then can mark an arrow on lid of can to pinhole and have a target stuck on outside of cylinder to line things up in mirror. When ready lift up black cylinder - just like that! (image of a fez).

Thinks - top hat over can or perhaps easier, a cylinder of black card that is not too snug a fit - then can mark an arrow on lid of can to pinhole and have a target stuck on outside of cylinder to line things up in mirror. When ready lift up black cylinder - just like that! (image of a fez).
I've already made and used a black card cylinder, there are a couple of issues, firstly getting it in place without letting light in, and second speed. At three to four seconds, half a second removing/replacing isn't a big deal but on a bright day that might drop to 1 second resulting in the bottom of the can getting a fair amount more exposure than the top.

I know, don't shoot on a bright day...

I've already made and used a black card cylinder, there are a couple of issues, firstly getting it in place without letting light in, and second speed. At three to four seconds, half a second removing/replacing isn't a big deal but on a bright day that might drop to 1 second resulting in the bottom of the can getting a fair amount more exposure than the top.

I know, don't shoot on a bright day...

That requires some extra engineering then - at 1 second not even time to get you out of the way - flap/slide shutter on inside of pinhole operated by air bulb and pipe up through base of can or small radio control/wired servo or solenoid.

Back