SHARE YOUR FILM SHOOTING OUTINGS HERE - Communal Thread (warning, may be picture heavy)

Did the "ghost" realise he was getting in your shot? He might have been at risk of becoming an all too real ghost. :D
I doubt he would get the concept of a 1:40 exposure time. There were other people around but moving so not a problem, he walked in and stood there for about half the exposure.

I doubt he would get the concept of a 1:40 exposure time. There were other people around but moving so not a problem, he walked in and stood there for about half the exposure.
Perhaps he understood all too well!

I was out with the Black intrepid 5x4 this afternoon trying to avoid the rain ( again!) ,

Took a stroll past the village artist ( or one of them anyway) and saw that he had been busy working outside his shop so took the opportunity to capture his unoccupied workspace.
This was a preview fone shot prior to setting up hence no camera in the scene.

Negative hopefully to come later this evening
BBCD8801-8445-43CF-9184-C27960C11813.jpeg

You would probably say that about Vincent too if you were ever to meet him :ROFLMAO:

His place is just wonderful.... a bizzar of all types of artwork, some his own, some of others.
It’s a place of chaos, but organised chaos.......in a beautiful kind of way.

I could happily lie down and go to heaven in his place...... he sat himself in a gorgeous upholstered chair aside the window to show me the portraiture that he wishes for, then he showed me some work of his and of those artists whom he admires.

Then I left, well kinda sneaked out seeing as technically I shouldn’t have been in someone else’s home ( Can TP be tracked by the gendarmes ?!:help:) ....... salut les gars,:wave: oui, c’est moi qui fait les bêtises comme d’habitude :exit::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I was out with the Black intrepid 5x4 this afternoon trying to avoid the rain ( again!) ,

Took a stroll past the village artist ( or one of them anyway) and saw that he had been busy working outside his shop so took the opportunity to capture his unoccupied workspace.
This was a preview fone shot prior to setting up hence no camera in the scene.

Negative hopefully to come later this evening

View attachment 315807

BAB670F5-A717-4AF2-8270-9EDA2EB011C6.jpeg

So yesterday I went out with the intrepid 5x7 and it p****d down ! Lol

Determined to return home with an exposure I loitered in doorways and underneath archways looking shifty like one does in these circumstances.
I suspect that I was seen from someone’swindow but the fact that the village was free of people barring me, was , from a togging POV, brilliant.
So finding something worth photographing in flat lighting etc etc was itself a challenge.
Eventually settled on this corner of the village , the row of houses at the cathedral end of Rue St Pierre which is one, if not the oldest roads in the village. I say road, it’s actually little more than a passage way although wide enough at this end for a vehicle to pass through.

By the time I was set up and focused, there was a break in the rain ,and a slight elevation in luminosity.
Still , I was undecided wether to trigger the shutter until a four legged friend appeared , clearly as surprised to see a human out in the foul weather as I was to see a cat braving the wet!
His startled look towards the camera made the decision for me :)
He’s only very small in the scene so may not have much impact overall but his presence is there and for me, made the exposure worthwhile.

Iphone preview
30904DCA-6DD3-4A50-B634-E70691B0F031.jpeg

Set up
3973F804-DBD3-4134-B1ED-CE7FF5E94385.jpeg
Negative
CB72AC24-FF2F-444A-A13A-E16244F43AC1.jpeg

There is no photographic evidence so take me on trust.

My first day ambling around the home town yesterday in the post-lockdown sunshine and in my hand a Zorki 3C. Heaven forfend if we didn't bump into a father and son team of film shooters! Dad was reliving his youth apparently having re-acquired the cameras he owned "back in the day" so he was shooting with an Oly Trip and his son shooting with an OM10. How nice was that?

We exchanged pleasantries about local services for film development and off we headed in different directions. Even my wife who stands firmly in the "I'll keep walking and you can catch me up" school of street photography was heard to remark "Aw how nice was that?"

There is no photographic evidence so take me on trust.

My first day ambling around the home town yesterday in the post-lockdown sunshine and in my hand a Zorki 3C. Heaven forfend if we didn't bump into a father and son team of film shooters! Dad was reliving his youth apparently having re-acquired the cameras he owned "back in the day" so he was shooting with an Oly Trip and his son shooting with an OM10. How nice was that?

We exchanged pleasantries about local services for film development and off we headed in different directions. Even my wife who stands firmly in the "I'll keep walking and you can catch me up" school of street photography was heard to remark "Aw how nice was that?"
Soon you’ll have your good lady sporting a tlr around her neck capturing you capturing photos :p

It’s always cool meeting up with like minded folk with a similar passion especially youngsters who will hopefully , for many years to come, keep film firmly where it is .....
ahead of d!g(t&l :exit::p:LOL:

So yesterday I went out with the intrepid 5x7 and it p****d down ! Lol

Determined to return home with an exposure I loitered in doorways and underneath archways looking shifty like one does in these circumstances.
I suspect that I was seen from someone’swindow but the fact that the village was free of people barring me, was , from a togging POV, brilliant.
So finding something worth photographing in flat lighting etc etc was itself a challenge.
Eventually settled on this corner of the village , the row of houses at the cathedral end of Rue St Pierre which is one, if not the oldest roads in the village. I say road, it’s actually little more than a passage way although wide enough at this end for a vehicle to pass through.

By the time I was set up and focused, there was a break in the rain ,and a slight elevation in luminosity.
Still , I was undecided wether to trigger the shutter until a four legged friend appeared , clearly as surprised to see a human out in the foul weather as I was to see a cat braving the wet!
His startled look towards the camera made the decision for me :)
He’s only very small in the scene so may not have much impact overall but his presence is there and for me, made the exposure worthwhile.

Iphone preview
View attachment 316029

Set up
View attachment 316030
Negative
View attachment 316031

Quick scan ......Not too bad a result for a drab grey wet day and without doubt it's the cat that makes the shot worthwhile :)

Feline frolics after the rain.jpg

Spotted.jpg

Quick scan ......Not too bad a result for a drab grey wet day and without doubt it's the cat that makes the shot worthwhile :)

View attachment 316879

View attachment 316880

First ever 10x8 wet print enlargement from a 13x18cm (5x7) negative.

Just a quick play to try out ‘the beast’ ( enlarger) using the 1F97A892-A0F7-4278-AA8C-0109759DF555.jpeg Boyer 200mm lens that came with it.

Awaiting delivery of a timer ( simply counted elephants this evening) and plenty of little projects to do inc making masks for the négative holder and a lensboard or two to mount other enlarger lenses.

B9148A83-C7C2-4622-B9D2-AD2F88E36E3E.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 316879

View attachment 316880

So a little bit of tweaking with filters and here is the first fiber 12x16 print , from a 13x18cm negative out of the new to me enlarger .:)
If only that cat realised his importance in the scene !:LOL:
Next attempt will be with a 10x8 neg ..... probably one that’s already inkjet printed. ;)
A3B8AAC9-3615-45D3-98D7-7DB74D510E3F.jpeg

Attachments

• 038C7F21-7DD9-40C8-9A36-9059E6A642A5.jpeg
    038C7F21-7DD9-40C8-9A36-9059E6A642A5.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Any cat is well aware of its importance. In any and every situation.

Edit to add

In view of the sheriff's thread and the "like" button discussion, I wish to point out that my use of "like" is contingent on my actually liking an image, thinking it good even if I don't like it, or aforesaid image containing a cat.

Last edited:
Finally decided to get out with the Bronica today, planned before the weather turned but went anyway on to Dartmoor. Only managed 2 compositions so 1/2 a film so will need to finish the roll before I know if there is anything worth sharing but going forward there will be more Bronica outings on Dartmoor hopefully with better weather. I had just got set up when the rain arrived and the wind was fierce so very cold and I found using the Borinca difficult with gloves on so rushed my shots. :(

Bronica setup at Yes Tor-1003791 PS Adj.jpg

Last edited:
So in sweltering temperatures I decided to head out today with the intrepid 10x8……first time on what seems like ages and yes the pack feels heavy!
The camera itself weighs only about 2kg, it’s all the other gear and of course a the larger pack to carry the format.
Anyway , à descent to the village, , some rations purchased and a picnic alongside the river.
With little enthusiasm to lugg this gear much further ( I have 2.5km walk home as it is!), I decided to capture the old bridge yet again but from a different perspective.

Of course, having done very little photography recently, an error was nailed on………exposed for f/32 whilst leaving the aperture wide open at f/9 !!:banghead:

Never mind I’veenjoyed myself and sitting here i:)3EE1A543-7833-4ECB-9BEE-62D5334FE33F.jpeg

So in sweltering temperatures I decided to head out today with the intrepid 10x8……first time on what seems like ages and yes the pack feels heavy!
The camera itself weighs only about 2kg, it’s all the other gear and of course a the larger pack to carry the format.
Anyway , à descent to the village, , some rations purchased and a picnic alongside the river.
With little enthusiasm to lugg this gear much further ( I have 2.5km walk home as it is!), I decided to capture the old bridge yet again but from a different perspective.

Of course, having done very little photography recently, an error was nailed on………exposed for f/32 whilst leaving the aperture wide open at f/9 !!:banghead:

Never mind I’veenjoyed myself and sitting here i:)View attachment 321632

Looks like that will make a very good photograph.

A very good photograph?
From me???
:oops: :$

Well I guess miracles do exist !:LOL:

All simple Asha...you go around the town with your digi and take 4000 shots and it would be bad luck if you didn't have a winner amongst them o_O :D

All simple Asha...you go around the town with your digi and take 4000 shots and it would be bad luck if you didn't have a winner amongst them o_O :D
Digi?, did I hear swearing??!!!:p

other than my iPhone camera i no longer have digi kit and tbh I don’t think I want to return to it.;)

Set up with woody. (Canham with its 5x4 back)
With a bit of luck as the sun moves around this afternoon, there’ll be a bit of nice light on the tree stump framed by the trunk in the foreground.
In the meantime, I’ll just sit here and wait…… or more probably , fall asleep and miss the ´perfect’ exposure :rolleyes::LOL:

0A5FA01E-CA5D-44F7-B763-9F425C3438B1.jpegDAB50B70-13F5-438B-887D-FC1FD6DED549.jpeg

And here's the photos, it wasn't much of stone circle but since I had lugged the gear up there I am going to share these anyway. I camera scanned these for a change and put a lot of effort into keeping the negs clean and I think it paid off, not too much spot removal and I have got a negative to positive process that I am reasonably happy with so all in they might be a bit boring bit I'm quite pleased with them

MPP, FP4+ in DD-X
DSC06355.jpg

DSC06354.jpg

DSC06352.jpg

Never mind I’veenjoyed myself and sitting here i:)View attachment 321632
Also captured a portrait of one of the locals…. :)

No images to post here but if the neg is reasonable, I’ll post the resulting print up in show us yer film shots;)
The portrait negative clearly isn’t sharp.

‘Thé bridge image is quite appealing to me in its negative state.
Very contrasty as expected.
A tad overexposed .. it might print something like. …. I’ll find out in due course !

736A6AC6-CB06-4108-9261-9BCB326551B5.jpegDC081FC6-26E3-4CBD-B5EE-EA804555D73F.jpeg

Last edited:
Out today experimenting with shooting for stitching PANOs with the Bornica, will post results once film is back.

View attachment 323331
Here's one of the 3 I did, they all worked out fine. For this one I was using the 65mm lens and Provia 100F.

PANO 2-PS Adj.jpg

Last edited:
I've been tinkering with Panoramas again on the Bronica, in oreder to frame I have cut out a blind for the focussing screen. I shot 6 today on Portra 400 and when I finish the roll I'll post on here. If it works out I'll make a more permanent blind on an old focussing screen. Yes I do know the neg will be square but once scanned, in post I will crop to the middle section so I get what I framed.

Broni Pano.jpg

Mrs T took a shot of my whilst waiting for the light with the Bronica set up to take the experimental Panoramas with the set up I showed earlier, I was shooting a digi to record what I was after on film.

DSC03210 PS Adj.jpg

I'll post the result of the experiment when I have processed the film.

Mrs T took a shot of my whilst waiting for the light with the Bronica set up to take the experimental Panoramas with the set up I showed earlier, I was shooting a digi to record what I was after on film.

View attachment 326225

I'll post the result of the experiment when I have processed the film.

So this was the setup, tripod up high to get some separation.

Broni set up at Down Tor Stone Row 01-5024 PS Adj.jpg

The result from a single neg cropped to 65x24 aspect ratio in post. When I sent the film to dev I briefed the lab that when scanning to concentrate on the cenrte third as I had masked the viewfinger for framing purposes.

Broni PANO Test 06-39250009 PS Adj.jpg

This was how I set the framing mask up (I shot on the 40mm not the 50 as in the setup shot).

Broni Pano.jpg

Here is another shot setup.

Broni set up at Tinners Huts 01-5032 PS Adj.jpg

And the final image.

Broni PANO Test 07-39250010 PS Adj.jpg

One more (setup shot taken by Mrs T).

DSC03233 PS Adj.jpg

That image.

Broni PANO Test 08-39250011 PS Adj.jpg

Overall I'm happy with the experiment, I would use Provia next time rather than the Portra 400 that I did use but on this roll a couple were going to be hand held so I needed the speed.

Broni PANO Test 03-39250006 PS Adj.jpg

It's so much nicer to frame the shot in camera rather than doing stitched PANOS despite the IQ is better when stitched.

I'll be doing this again when I have better light.

193AF2D1-381E-4141-93BE-CB639F343F15_1_105_c.jpegB9E13C32-AB47-42B2-9B38-CBBCE5D6CB54_1_105_c.jpeg

Sunset shots on Barra in the Outer Hebrides, Nagaoka 5x4 and Zero Image 2000 on Fuji Provia 400X, fingers crossed they give me something :D

Last edited:
Where's the "envy" emoji when you want it...

Back