SHARE YOUR FILM SHOOTING OUTINGS HERE - Communal Thread (warning, may be picture heavy)

Course we've missed you, was there an earthquake?

Course we've missed you, was there an earthquake?
No not an earthquake although being quite a high risk area, we do get regular small tremors.
‘This is just one of the buildings that got wiped out in the Roya valley last October during the night of Storm Alex.
This particular one is located at Breil sur Roya ( where I now live hence the reason for mmy absence ).
Anyone interested in how that storm destroyed three valleys running parallel with each other down to the Mediterranean can google for additional info , however here is just one link
´

Wow, that's destructive. And you've just moved there?......... Anyway glad you're back in the fold. :)

Looking fabulous Asha, I hope the gold mining is going well
I hope so too, as apparently they've cancelled plans for a remake of the TV series Catweazle! ;)

Joking aside, I wish Asha much happiness in his new home and hope the cats have settled in well too. (y)

I hope so too, as apparently they've cancelled plans for a remake of the TV series Catweazle! ;)

Joking aside, I wish Asha much happiness in his new home and hope the cats have settled in well too. (y)
Cats??, did someone mention CATS!!??!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::ROFLMAO:

So I’ve dug out the bare minimum for souping a negative including the Chems which are in the utility cupboard , but would someone care to tell me in which box can I find a thermometer??!!!:oops: :$:help:

182A3599-168C-4C74-9FD9-5257EA0F0AB2.jpeg

4CA6A8DD-38F2-47DC-9801-C014654A2A2C.jpeg78252141-7A0F-4EF5-AAA7-909918CF2E86.jpeg

It is obviously in the thermometer box....

I'd love to post the photo but the Forum is telling me that even a 460kb 6"x6" file is too big to upload. :mad:
Apologies for that. We had a diskspace scare, and had to temporarily fiddle with attachment sizes etc, until we resolved it. More space now purchased, and sizes reset to 500kb/1024px max

I reckon it will be a souping evening later as I have the film from the previous outing along with this exposure taken today on 10x8

There’s another to capture nearby if the light is right.4AF33CFC-24A1-4EB5-910B-1BB66D301B63.jpeg

Last edited:
The light wasn’t right….. too late in the day!

i still got a second exposure though , pretty much a documentary photo to show the river in its typical state alongside buildings that were completely submerged when storm Alex struck the valley last year.

612E9E1E-8DD6-4493-90B7-81A397CEB18B.jpeg

Negs hung to dry( the second 10x8 is still washing).
The 5x4s from last week ( delta 100) looks tad cloudy for some reason.
Not the chems as the other begs are fine.
I think they’ll scan ok though…. Here’s hoping. CE7E65BA-3A91-49C2-AD69-31629ECBCEDD.jpeg

The light wasn’t right….. too late in the day!

i still got a second exposure though , pretty much a documentary photo to show the river in its typical state alongside buildings that were completely submerged when storm Alex struck the valley last year.

View attachment 329172

Negs hung to dry( the second 10x8 is still washing).
The 5x4s from last week ( delta 100) looks tad cloudy for some reason.
Not the chems as the other begs are fine.
I think they’ll scan ok though…. Here’s hoping. View attachment 329173
Voilà , à 12x16 wet print from the10x8 négative going through its washing process
26592DF6-91A4-45D1-8F5A-7806879429E6.jpeg

Attachments

• F9AEC01F-578C-4E70-A2F4-63C9991148ED.jpeg
    F9AEC01F-578C-4E70-A2F4-63C9991148ED.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Took the whole plate for an outing on Friday to try and establish a good processing outcome for the 2009 Fomapan 100. The main lesson learned was that shooting into the light with an uncoated lens is a recipe for failure, regardless of how much effort you take to shield the lens. :rolleyes: :eggface:

20211015_140758-tp.jpg

Luckily enough, the second shot wasn't straight into the light so at least I got something.

img682-copy-2-tp-v2.jpg

Took the Broni out this week loaded with some Portra 400. Only shot 3 frames as the weather was a lot worse than the forecast. It'll be a while before I finish the roll I think.

This was the third attempt I aborted the first 2 because the rain was coming in from the front.

012 Bronica setup at Down Tor Stone Row 01-6186 PS Adj.JPG

Took the Broni out this week loaded with some Portra 400. Only shot 3 frames as the weather was a lot worse than the forecast. It'll be a while before I finish the roll I think.

This was the third attempt I aborted the first 2 because the rain was coming in from the front.

View attachment 335526
What's wrong with you Paul- a little,. Rain never hurt anyone :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

View attachment 335526
I finally finished this roll, you can see the full story in my Blog https://www.ephotozine.com//user/topsyrm-149719/blog. Mrs T shot me while I was at the tripod.

DSC04063 PS Adj.JPG

I was shooting this.

012 Bleak House 09-58020012 PS Adj.JPG

Here's one of my own.

023 Bleak House 06-6573 PS Adj.JPG

I was out yesterday and today with film gear and forgot to take any snaps for this thread.

BTW has anyone heard from @Asha? Hope things are OK in France.

I was out yesterday and today with film gear and forgot to take any snaps for this thread.

BTW has anyone heard from @Asha? Hope things are OK in France.
Hi Chris, ironic that you ask about me as having spent some time in the darkroom, I was about to post a result in this thread BUT it seems that uploading an image( iphone photo)is no longer possible unless the image is on a host site such as Flickr…. I don’t use any host site for my images!
Perhaps I’m mistaken ( I’d like to think so).

Ok scrap that , I’ve seen the attach files box at the bottom of the page!….duh!:facepalm:

Last edited:
Back