Daily ShoeQueen's 365 2013

Loving the portrait shots Lynn, day 72 is an absolute corker of a shot, I love it. The black background shot is very good as well, light and tones are spot on, as they are in the figure shot as well.
I also like your iphone shot of the coast, lovely simple composition & great cold early spring colours.

Nice catch up but the last one is ♥ Absolutely superb DOF focussing everything (y)

Loving the portrait shots Lynn, day 72 is an absolute corker of a shot, I love it. The black background shot is very good as well, light and tones are spot on, as they are in the figure shot as well.
I also like your iphone shot of the coast, lovely simple composition & great cold early spring colours.
Thank you! Yes it was a cold day, but bright.

That is a super Portrait :)

Nice catch up but the last one is ♥ Absolutely superb DOF focussing everything (y)

69 and 72 are fantastic! :)

72 is wonderful!

70 and 72 are magical Lynn
Thanks all!

Day 73 - not a great shot but I spotted this while out in a local shopping centre - painted by schoolchildren to raise money for charity.

Day 74 - walking back to the car this afternoon I spotted some blossom on trees! A bit awkward to shoot as windy so had to hold branch steady with one hand and try to focus and shoot iPhone with the other!

And a wee extra - another one of Piaras from Thurs night as I quite liked this one too!

Day 74 is beautiful, love the dof

And that's another lovely portrait, looks like you had a good session. Love the processing (y)

Day 74 is beautiful, love the dof
I'm surprised at the control I can get of DOF from the iPhone, though you have to make sure the subject is close to the phone.

I'm not happy with the processing and I've just realised why... I'm trying to pull stuff out of it that isn't there - its an iPhone jpeg, not a raw file!
It's not toned how I want it either but I think I'm making it worse when I try to re-edit...

And that's another lovely portrait, looks like you had a good session. Love the processing (y)
I wasn't inspired by most of the set ups and spent a lot of the evening chatting, but I loved these shutter doors. These were taken literally in the last couple of mins, the lights were being taken down and it was just a few quick shots. Everyone else had finished so it meant I had his full attention and could direct/get some connection.

Playing with the processing and I'm happy with this as I think it works for this shot.

Last edited:
absolutely fantastic shots for the last few day Lynn - love the portraits and the blossom is gorgeous :clap:

Today I was shooting at a hairdressing salon. First time I've done this sort of a shoot and we had great fun - 4 models, stylists, MUA and 8 different looks so it was a busy afternoon!

This is one of the bridal hair up do's.

Day 75

Nice portrait, but I feel it soen't show the hair off to full advantage ;)

I've got loads more, just wanted to use this one as my photo if the day.

love this - a beautiful portrait Lynn :) :clap:

love this - a beautiful portrait Lynn :) :clap:
Thanks. I'm working my way through the set, doing edits. Fab afternoon, totally loved it and would love to do more of this sort of thing.

BTW - can anyone tell me what day we should be on? I think I've missed one out somewhere along the way? Can I add in a filler to catch up?

Took my shot for today but they're on the phone and I need to edit so will get them up tomorrow, not feeling great, think this cold/flu thing has got me!

Last edited:
BTW - can anyone tell me what day we should be on? I think I've missed one out somewhere along the way? Can I add in a filler to catch up?

Personally I say it's your 365 you make up the rules :D

Today (19 March) is day 78 according to me.

Some wonderful stuff as always Lynn, the portraiture is as always stunning, but for me it's the blossom, I really need to start to see some of that round here :(
It was so nice to see it!

Day 75 is Stunning Lynn
Thank you!

Personally I say it's your 365 you make up the rules :D

Today (19 March) is day 78 according to me.
Ah, I think I worked it out, there was a day a couple of weeks ago that I missed. I can't even remember if I didn't take a photo or if I forgot to upload. I'll post a filler shot as an extra to get back on the right day.

Another good model shot Lynn, no idea what day number we are on, I just go by the date :)
Thanks.

lynn your model shoots are brilliant!! day 75 is outstanding :love:
Thank you. In the past any model shots have often been working with other photographers - eg the one on Thurs was at my camera club. So others have set up the lights and we're working with experienced models. But Sunday was at a hair salon, lighting and direction all my own, this girl had never modelled before either.

Sorry still to download and edit yesterdays but I will get it done. Feel rotten with the cold today so not likely to venture out, will be another in the house shot I'm afraid.

I'm just catching up with your thread and enjoying it, Lynn! :)

Willow Tree Figure is beautiful with great focus and lighting

Your walk along the coast is gorgeous, love a long lead in down the beach and it reminds me of when we are back in Scotland!

I like all of your portraits, each of them different, but very nice (y)

Day 73 is great fun, lovely colours and what a good job the children did!

I LOVE Day 74 - beautiful, soft pink tinge to it, such a delicate look for a beautiful photo

Lovely shots :)

75 is lovely and being in control this time is even better!

Very sorry not to have posted recently. A rotten cold then being snowed in for several days & stuck at home meant I didn't have the motivation to pick up my camera. Don't know if should just give up because I've missed several days or fill the gaps with more recent images?

Sorry again :-(

Very sorry not to have posted recently. A rotten cold then being snowed in for several days & stuck at home meant I didn't have the motivation to pick up my camera. Don't know if should just give up because I've missed several days or fill the gaps with more recent images?

Lynn don't throw the towel In ............keeping plodding on ...............love looking at your photography:):):):)

Don't give up just have a random shoot day! I've missed over 2 weeks now and feeling the same to be honest but I think I'd regret it if I gave up

Sounds like a rotten few days Lynn. Whether or not to carry on is, ultimately, your decision, but if you are thinking you 'should' give up just because you've missed a few days, then I say just make up the days with recent ones and get back on track! (y)

I missed a day last week and actually felt guilty over it - then reminded myself that this is my own personal challenge and that there is absolutely no reason it can't change or evolve slightly during the year! :)

Thanks all - if it's ok to do that I think I'll try to fill in. Col better & got away for a few days break - took a good few on phone yesterday while out & have enough to fill the gaps. Also I did shoot some at home the first few days if being snowed in so have those to process.

Will have a look at it all when I get back. I have been reading some threads, just not commenting as I felt really guilty about not posting images myself over those days!

Sorry to learn you've been I'll Lynn, I think with this type of situation if you do go for the fill in route rest assured you'll have the continued support of the crazy corner but if not you've still done amazingly well so far :clap:

Sorry to learn you've been I'll Lynn, I think with this type of situation if you do go for the fill in route rest assured you'll have the continued support of the crazy corner but if not you've still done amazingly well so far :clap:

Thank you, that is appreciated! I only need to fill in a few days and I've plenty of extras taken over Easter to do that & have been taking daily shots (mostly with phone this week). But I've been rebranding my website & sitting up every night til 2 or 3am doing that so not had time to edit/upload. Very sorry & I will attempt to catch up next week!

Oh loving the busker shot! (y)

The roses in day 61 are gorgeous, and 65 of the football club hall is deceptive as it looks quite posh with the lighting etc, liking the frame in the middle too, not sure if it would be enhanced if it was a photo or not:)

72 is a great moody shot to against the metal barriers and loving 75 at the hairdresser!

Congrats on the award too! (y)

Back