Daily ShoeQueen's 365 2013

Oh dear... two 'filler' shots I'm afraid as very busy days. Last night's was out for catch up with friends in a busy cafe and dim light - today's was another cuppa but this time outside on a lovely sunny day!

Sorry for the filler shots and I really do more than just drink Suki tea...

Day 55

Day 56

So sorry not been on much - I've dipped in and out of threads but not posted anything. Hardly had the camera out this week so mostly 'filler' shots I'm afraid - will try harder for the rest of March!

Day 57 - a lovely day so a walk by the shores of Belfast Lough - (if you look carefully you can see the cranes of Belfast's skyline in the distance)

Day 58 - this arrived in the post on Wed - I was pleased to get my first awards for photography. Just a couple of bronze bars but it's a start!

Day 59 - the camera finally got an outing again - I noticed there are small buds appearing on the Acer...

Day 60 - an iPhone shot while out on a walk - I just liked the railings against the blue sky.

Congratulations on the award, Lynn - the first of many, I am sure! :clap:

I really like the photo of Belfast Lough and isn't is great when you spot another sign of Spring finally getting a move on? :D I like the railings against the sky as well and wondered whether a crop to just have those might be quite powerful bit I don't think the angle was quite right for that? :thinking:

Great catch up! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations on you award :clap:

Really like the shores of the lough (y)
Thanks! Yes it was a lovely day - ended up spending the early afternoon walking by the shore (and having a cuppa - of course!), then a woodland path walk in the late afternoon/early evening.

Congrats on the award!!
Thanks - only decided to enter at the last minute - mainly to get some feedback, didn't expect to get any bars.

Congratulations on the award, Lynn - the first of many, I am sure! :clap:

I really like the photo of Belfast Lough and isn't is great when you spot another sign of Spring finally getting a move on? :D I like the railings against the sky as well and wondered whether a crop to just have those might be quite powerful bit I don't think the angle was quite right for that? :thinking:

Great catch up! :)
Thanks, already submitted some for Feb now! Even if they don't make the grade, you get some feedback as to why not, so it's helpful to learn from. Agree about the railings, it was a grab shot on the way past on the phone, definitely could have been better composed.

Day 61. Can't believe I've made it this far and so far, I have taken some sort of a photo every day - too often with the phone, but better than nothing. Tonight it was back to the camera and back to flowers. These were given to me last night, as all the Valentine ones were fading...

My, you are a lucky girl with al the flowers - like the overhead take on these.

I agree with Sarah - that shot from above looks really good! :)

Thanks. I'm trying to think of different angles. And yes I am lucky, fresh flowers every time the last lot are fading - thought at first it would stop after a while but two years on now & still getting them!

Gorgeous catch up shots Lynn, really lovely and same as everyone else.... the flowers are so lovely!!

Your flowers are really nice Lynn, very good angle. Congra4ulations on the award too.

Wow those flowers look stunning, really like the composition and processing. Congrats on the award!

Quick update to my thread - flew over to Birmingham yesterday, and all day at Focus today. Home again and very tired so will do catch up on other threads tomorrow.

Day 62 - another Easyjet flight, another wing shot...

Day 63 - the only time we sat down all day, a visit to the Nikon stand!

I really like that wing shot, you were looking down on a great sky.

Brilliant photo of the wing there - great clouds and, yup, Nikon loves yellow! :D

Nice shots - so tell how was the Expo?
Really interesting - saw loads of stuff. Limited to what I could fit in my carry on bag so didn't spend much but came home with lots of brochures!

Great photography Lynn .............
Thanks

Exciting day!! how did it go?

Hope you had a good time, I didn't get there this year.
First time there and I really enjoyed it. :D

I really like that wing shot, you were looking down on a great sky.
The clouds looked great, though I was leaning over someone to get that one so didn't get much of a chance to see them apart from that.

Brilliant photo of the wing there - great clouds and, yup, Nikon loves yellow! :D
Yes - there was a lot of yellow!

Lynn if only you had said you were coming to focus or maybe you did and I missed it, would have been good to meet up with a fellow POTD nutter, that said I did meet up with one TP who had come to focus, and I've not even been myself living only 15 miles or so from the NEC :bang: I love the roses and congratulations on the win (y)

Lynn if only you had said you were coming to focus or maybe you did and I missed it, would have been good to meet up with a fellow POTD nutter, that said I did meet up with one TP who had come to focus, and I've not even been myself living only 15 miles or so from the NEC :bang: I love the roses and congratulations on the win (y)
That would have been fun! I was over Sun night with another friend who doesn't post on here but also does a POTD (we both took wing shots for that day!) and had a free evening (we went to the airport for dinner lol!) Focus was good - well I enjoyed it but I wanted to see suppliers and products so it was good from that point of view.

Wow, 60 from the iPhone, that's wicked! Nice shot. 62 is also really cool, I'm a sucker for wing shots though! I have a PC full of the buggers if I'm honest!

Well done with the award :)

Great shot looking down on the roses...
Thanks!

Wow, 60 from the iPhone, that's wicked! Nice shot. 62 is also really cool, I'm a sucker for wing shots though! I have a PC full of the buggers if I'm honest!
I've been fairly impressed by the iPhone - especially in decent light. I've never taken wing shots before as wouldn't have got my DSLR out (if I had it with me) but the iPhone is handy.

Apologies I've not been on as much recently, I've been dipping in and out of threads though, even if I've not been commenting as much.

Another update - and a confession - I forgot to take a photo yesterday! So I've put one in from last month and explained why..

Day 65 - this was in fairly low light at the venue where I dance sometimes - the upstairs function room at a football club. I set the phone on the railing round this area to get this and for an iPhone low light shot I think it did ok.

Day 66 - again playing with the iPhone - though really should have had camera on a tripod as trying to hold both, focus the iPhone on the settings and take the shot was a bit of a juggling act! :bonk:

Day 67 - this was the day I forgot to take a photo! But I thought I'd share another one from the shoot I did last month with the firemen. This was to support the Marie Curie Great Daffodil Appeal and this image has been used in several local newspapers this week.

Day 68 - I was out tonight and it snowed and the snow froze on my windscreen - while my deicer and scraper were tucked up nice and warm at home, sitting in the hall waiting to be put into the car sometime...

I very much like day 65 :) 66 not so much, 67 woo hoo go you :D and 68 sounds like the dort of thing I do :LOL:

I like the symetrical composition in day 65, but might have been tempted to put a half empty glass on one of the tables to just add something.
Love the happy fireman shot. There was one parked down our road last week, think they were dropping leaflets round & I was very tempted to ask them to pose with the engine, but chickened out.
Di-icer reminds me that I must go to work in a minute.

Do love the firemen shot and the de-icer is also something i do regular lol

I quite like Day 66 for it's lack of any clutter and the symmetry, I remember your other fireman shot.....congrats on getting this one used by the press :clap: Great photo!

I just love the fact you still even have the tag on your ice scraper! :LOL: I bought one of those ones with a big sort of mitt attached to it last year and it's been a lifesaver!! :D

more brilliant shot Lynn :) Congratulations on the award :clap:

Oh dear I'm getting behind! And that day I'd forgotten to take a photo? I'd not forgotten, I'd taken one - then forgotten that I'd taken it! But I'll leave it as the firemen anyway.

Anyway - trying to catch up. Not got tonight's done yet as we had a studio night at camera club so I'm home with dozens of shots to look through and haven't got any processed yet (though I think I know which one I want to use).

Day 69 - a Willow tree figure - this was a Christmas gift.

Day 70 - out for a walk by the coast again - iPhone shot

Day 71 - had a friend round to practice some posing - though this was a quick 'lets try a black b/g' at the end of the practice - and after she'd put her fleece back on!

Am I up to the right day? Was today (Thurs) day 72?

Back