Daily ShoeQueen's 365 2013

beautiful shots but have to admit the Brownie Camera is my favourite :)

I love shooting into the sun, it can produce some gorgeous shots!

49a is lovely too.... :love:
I love it too - esp golden evening light.

beautiful shots but have to admit the Brownie Camera is my favourite :)
The volunteer on duty could see I was interested in taking photos (I said I'd like to come back with my camera) so he went and got it out of a drawer in the bedroom for me to see. :D

Day 49 is lovely! :)
Thanks!

More flowers again today I'm afraid! I got quite a few over the past week! As well as roses on Wed night, Thurs lunchtime and Thurs evening, I got these on Friday night!

Day 50

You are a very lucky girl indeed, those are beautiful and a super shot of them

Lynn....your forum name is so misleading...here's me expecting so many various shots of shoes...and all I can see are fantastic shots of anything but!! Shoes??

You are a very lucky girl indeed, those are beautiful and a super shot of them

You are a very lucky girl Lynn. Lovely shot of them.
Thanks - yes I am a lucky girl - he loves bringing me flowers!

Lynn....your forum name is so misleading...here's me expecting so many various shots of shoes...and all I can see are fantastic shots of anything but!! Shoes??
That's funny as I actually did think of doing a shoe shot today as I haven't done one in a while, but the flowers won't keep and I don't usually have cream roses, so the shoes can wait til another day. There will be more shoes along the way!

Well done Lynn, love the vibrancy of those and the focus is spot on (y)
Thanks. :)

powerful colours in Day 50 Lynn love it

Wonderful photo Lynn, really like the colours!

Beautiful!.... I wish I got flowers like that!
Thanks all - sometimes I play about with toning in processing, but for these I thought the colours were too lovely to play about with.

Today has been a 'oh dear what will I shoot' day again. I think I'd have given up by now if it wasn't for this group!

So this is just a very quick shot of a sample image I got printed this week.

Day 51

That one was a training day - not tried getting a real bride to sit in a tree yet ( though I have a cream fleece blanket I can set under one if I ever find a similar setting).

orgeous flowers - you are soooooo lucky :)

The Bride shot is gorgeous :)

That one was a training day - not tried getting a real bride to sit in a tree yet ( though I have a cream fleece blanket I can set under one if I ever find a similar setting).

I love it!

In our wedding photos, we're sitting in a bar in one of them. I sat right in a beer puddle :LOL: :LOL:

That is lovely!(y)

orgeous flowers - you are soooooo lucky :)

The Bride shot is gorgeous :)

I love it!

In our wedding photos, we're sitting in a bar in one of them. I sat right in a beer puddle :LOL: :LOL:

There are some wonderful photos since my last visit (y) love that flower photo and the one by the river, also have to say that the photo that is on that print same if epic :)
Thanks guys!

Today's is more a fun shot. I was at a dance practice night and one guy had forgotten his dance shoes. His wife brought them later but he danced the first part of the evening in his socks - his Angry Birds socks! I thought it was amusing so grabbed a quick iPhone shot.

Day 52 - Socks

Love the socks - good thing he put matching ones on :)

Love your wedding photography work but what I really want are those amazing socks!

:LOL: Cool socks

Love that wedding shot Lynn & those socks are brilliant.

The print looks wonderful! I'm a fan of comic socks :LOL:

Love the socks - good thing he put matching ones on :)
Thanks - I thought they were fun - he did give me a slightly strange look when I asked could I take a photo of them for my photo of the day though!

Some great recent shots, Lynn - loving a lot of them! :)

Valentine's dinner looked set for perfection! New arrival is very cute and a great portrait of him! :)

The Marina looks great - I like a spot of colour against a somewhat dark and moody setting!

I see why you took the watch (and often feel the same way) - it's not my favourite of your recent ones, but I have to say it's a damn cute watch! Nice focus on the face as well.

Afternoon Walk is gorgeous! I love the light in this one and the almost parallel lines of the stream and path :)

The camera is lovely as well, very oldy-worldy look to it which works very well with that fantastic quilt! (y)

Your flowers are so vibrant and powerful - love that shot and will never tire of seeing more.

The wedding photo (training or not) is wonderful, the pose works well and the lighting is great, love it! :)

Day 52 is just so random and so funny! :D

Haha they are cool!! good on you for asking too!(y)
I think at first he thought it was strange, then asked me to tag him on Facebook.

Some great recent shots, Lynn - loving a lot of them! :)

Valentine's dinner looked set for perfection! New arrival is very cute and a great portrait of him! :)

The Marina looks great - I like a spot of colour against a somewhat dark and moody setting!

I see why you took the watch (and often feel the same way) - it's not my favourite of your recent ones, but I have to say it's a damn cute watch! Nice focus on the face as well.

Afternoon Walk is gorgeous! I love the light in this one and the almost parallel lines of the stream and path :)

The camera is lovely as well, very oldy-worldy look to it which works very well with that fantastic quilt! (y)

Your flowers are so vibrant and powerful - love that shot and will never tire of seeing more.

The wedding photo (training or not) is wonderful, the pose works well and the lighting is great, love it! :)

Day 52 is just so random and so funny! :D
Thanks for the feedback!

Today was another one where I meant to take something while out and about and didn't get round to it - so back to the macro lens - and the triptych! (This is the cork from our bottle of champagne last week.)

Day 53

Actually getting my shot in a bit earlier today! Was out in the local town and spotted this busker. Quick iPhone shot.

Day 54 - The Busker

Like the busker a lot, although I feel you could've given him a bit more space - although how I can have the nerve to say that i don't know :LOL: I really do have a tendancy to fill the frame too much.

Last edited:
I agree and I dud shoot with more space but there was a horrible ad sign above him which I was cropping out. Better skill in Photoshop Elements & I could have removed it instead of cropping!

Last edited:
I really like Day 49 (walk) great bit of the sun coming through the trees, and the Angry Birds socks made me laugh. (Where did you get them?) The cork shots are really nice, I've just done a triptych the other day and think the impact of yours is lovely on the black backround. Like the busker, he looks a bit Lennonish to me, personaly, I think it would have bit just that little bit better if the whole of his case had made in into the frame, but that is the sort of thing I spot when I get home and start processing and then kick myself! Lovely shots, keep up the great work :)

The triptych of the cork works really well! :) I think your busker works well and I like it in B&W! :)

The socks made me smile Lynn, and the street shot is a good one, well taken on the iphone.

Nice bit of monochrome street photography Lynn
Thanks, don't really do street photography but a busker is usually happy to be photographed. He has actually tracked this down on Flickr, then on Facebook and shared it on his wall.

I really like Day 49 (walk) great bit of the sun coming through the trees, and the Angry Birds socks made me laugh. (Where did you get them?) The cork shots are really nice, I've just done a triptych the other day and think the impact of yours is lovely on the black backround. Like the busker, he looks a bit Lennonish to me, personaly, I think it would have bit just that little bit better if the whole of his case had made in into the frame, but that is the sort of thing I spot when I get home and start processing and then kick myself! Lovely shots, keep up the great work :)
Thanks, I used black cloth to make the background as I wanted to corks to stand out.

His name on Facebook is Ringo and he does play Beatles songs. I agree about the case but it was literally grab a shot in between lots of people walking by as he was in a busy alleyway - only had a few seconds while there was a gap in the stream of passers by.

The triptych of the cork works really well! :) I think your busker works well and I like it in B&W! :)
Thanks!

The socks made me smile Lynn, and the street shot is a good one, well taken on the iphone.
Thanks - the iPhone copes quite well with decent lighting.

Back