Show us yer film shots then!

erm so many posts.........but typical Etrs (120) shots being sharp and with pop....a biggun will beat a littlun (like for like).

Have to agree those shots of Simon,s are very good indeed, also I have to say to Adam that I still like the colour obtained from superia and it is still one of my favorite colour films to use.(y)

Very nice shots....but IMO why not have two cameras at the time:- one for B/W and one for colour, also the 2nd camera can be a backup..............

Or take a tripod and red, green and blue filters and take the same picture through each of them? Go through more film, but then you don't have to lug two cameras round with you ;)

Or take a tripod and red, green and blue filters and take the same picture through each of them? Go through more film, but then you don't have to lug two cameras round with you ;)

;) remember folks:- just 16lbs in a back pack is no problem....so no excuses for not carrying two or three cameras plus lenses, maps, water(on outside pocket), compass, pen and paper, spectacles, spare film, plastic bags to cover body and equipment if it rains, bicycle pump, oh and a small plastic kitchen sink. :cool: & :LOL:

Love your shots Squishy! Amazing DOF and lovely colours! Actually most of the composition is nice. Especially in your first post the bw one of the odd looking twig tree thing :)
May I ask did you scan the negs yourself?

Here's a few from my recently acquired Yashica Mat... love has bloomed I think, TLR's are what I've been looking for, I love them. These were all shot on Adox CHS 50 Art.

Foundry by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Harland-&-Wolff by andysnapper1, on Flickr

100% crop from the above

H-&-W-100% by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Statue-2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And a couple of colour shots from the Yashica A on Kodak Ektar 100.

Bad-Hair,-fur-coat by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Bush by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Psyence33 said:
Love your shots Squishy! Amazing DOF and lovely colours! Actually most of the composition is nice. Especially in your first post the bw one of the odd looking twig tree thing :)
May I ask did you scan the negs yourself?

Thank you, I'm enjoying the scope for small DOF on 35mm.
The developing and scanning were done by photo-express in hull, all for £5 with return postage.

Andysnap: really enjoying your shots :)

img285.jpg

Love this shot, atmospheric & the long exposure on the water looks effective. I like the details in the foreground rock & the dark tree closest to the camera aswell. Lovely work!

Hey Andy. Some great shots there. You make a good case for having two TLR's. I was thinking of letting my Yashica Mats go, might have to keep one....or shall I try to find another Rollei...

Hey Andy. Some great shots there. You make a good case for having two TLR's. I was thinking of letting my Yashica Mats go, might have to keep one....or shall I try to find another Rollei...

Grrrr...... I figured a colour one and a b&w one was very efficient.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Grrrr...... I figured a colour one and a b&w one was very efficient.

Andy

Yep. Very efficient. I just know that when my Rollei arrives I'll not use anything else. Can't afford another though...

Well, I thought I'd add some film shots. But before I try a few of the more recent ones, I thought I'd start with a couple of my favourite shots, taken in South Island New Zealand, which has to be the best place for photographers that I've ever visited. I'd love to go back (these were taken in December 1974), but I expect the glaciers would be a lot shorter.

This one is the extraordinary spectacle of wild lupins growing in the Eglinton Valley, on the road to Milford Sound.

CS74Eg19a.jpg

This is a lenticular cloud above a glacier, one of the side valleys running into the Eglinton Valley. It would be nicer with less moraine on the glacier, but no-one was going to tidy it up for me!

CS74Eg13a.jpg

This is Lake Wanaka, on the road from Queenstown northwards. Kodachrome this time (the first two were Ektachrome).

CS74F33.jpg

AFAICS all the above were taken with a Pentax Electro Spotmatic. It's a bit of a puzzle to me, as this is definitely not the Spotmatic I bought in Singapore in 1971 (I have a self-portrait with that, and it definitely has a self-timer, which the Electro Spotmatic doesn't), nor is it the Pentax ME I have now (well, it couldn't be, as the ME wasn't released until later). The Electro Spotmatic was supposedly only released in Japan (where I have never been), but here it is in this pic taken on my wife's little 110 camera...

SS74F02.jpg

So I have no idea when, or how, or where I replaced the original Spotmatic with the Electro!

Anyway, I hope you like the 1st 3 of these as much as I do...

Hey Chris. Yep the first is a cracker. The others are also great. What a place !!
You lucky bugger....

Very happy with the Yashica Mat. This is Velvia.
As Scanned, no PP

7380086236_c101b994e9_b.jpg

Very nice Trev, seems to be a good one.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Very nice Trev, seems to be a good one.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Really enjoying the whole TLR experience.

Very happy with the Yashica Mat. This is Velvia.
As Scanned, no PP

Yes, I like that. That red really does jump out, doesn't it. You're having better weather than we are!

So here's one I like, from a trial roll of Sensia. It was a pretty dull and wet day, and the other shots around Warwick were all so-so, but on the way home there was this magic storm passing over Kenilworth (later described to me as raining stair rods), and I stopped to get a few. This one seems to have worked quite well. I've probably upped the contrast a bit... (maybe too much?), but still that central tight swirl (near the two trees) doesn't quite have the texture and intensity I remember. Most of the greens on the whole film seem to have that slightly unreal look... but today, in similar wet conditions, I decided they might be more or less right for damp England!

1206PMESA31sm.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
ChrisR said:
Yes, I like that. That red really does jump out, doesn't it. You're having better weather than we are!

Thanks Chris. Mind you I took it in mid May. CC Imaging took their time. Loving Velvia though.

Chris, love the storm shot.

Some self developing with afgapan 100 pushed to 2 stops.
I think the film result is really soft even though it's pushed.

Ricoh Gr1s

Pentax Spotmatic F

Some really nice work in here lately. Particularly liking SimonUK & Woodsy's offerings.

This is thi first of a batch of films I've just had done

Untitled by the matt1, on Flickr
Portra 400, but converted due to still poor results scanning colour...

A couple from last weekend out with a local Vintage car club.

Both shots taken with a 1950s Mess Baldix rangefinder 6x6 format

Morgan:

morganj.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-20

MG:

87013035.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-20

Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film

My first image from the Nagaoka Field Camera I recently purchased.

Very dissapointed with this image as I was using Rollei Infra-Red film and it does not look at all like an Infra-Red image. It was only after processing the film I realised that something was wrong and on checking my camera bag discovered that I had used a 1.2 ND filter instead of the 760nm Infra-Red filter that I meant to use.

This also means that the image was probably over exposed by a couple of stops as the exposure was 1/2 second at f22 using a Schneider 150mm f5.6 Symmar-S on a 4"x 5" Nagaoka Field Camera.

The film was processed Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL using my normal formula, time and temperature.

Another small mistake was not using a lenshood when the light was just out of picture left and there is a small section of noticeable flare on the RHS of the image which has lowered the contrast slightly.

Negative scanned on an Epson V750 at 2400dpi.

Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Last edited:
Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film

Very dissapointed with this image as I was using Rollei Infra-Red film and it does not look at all like an Infra-Red image. It was only after processing the film I realised that something was wrong and on checking my camera bag discovered that I had used a 1.2 ND filter instead of the 760nm Infra-Red filter that I meant to use.

This also means that the image was probably over exposed by a couple of stops as the exposure was 1/2 second at f22 using a Schneider 150mm f5.6 Symmar-S on a 4"x 5" Nagaoka Field Camera.

The film was processed Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL using my normal formula, time and temperature.

Another small mistake was not using a lenshood when the light was just out of picture left and there is a small section of noticeable flare on the RHS of the image which has lowered the contrast slightly.

Negative scanned on an Epson V750 at 2400dpi.

Devon Farmland Rollei IR Film by Ed Bray, on Flickr

That's very nice :)

I can see why you're disappointed in it as an IR image, but as an image on its own, that's a nice shot Ed - I love the contrast of the back hill and the clouds in the sky.

the Rollei IR film is actually a very nice film, especially in LF where the grain disappears. I'd be tempted to lose the bottom 1/4, but it's very nice as is

Some really nice work in here lately. Particularly liking SimonUK & Woodsy's offerings.

This is thi first of a batch of films I've just had done

Untitled by the matt1, on Flickr
Portra 400, but converted due to still poor results scanning colour...

That my friend is a fantastic shot! You can really get a feel from it, like its telling a story.

Nice one!

Film shots from the Philippines/the flight there (I've got one roll of B/W 120 to develop but I can't remember if I shot anything of interest on it):

9cCbW.jpg

1fp62.jpg

yHekE.jpg

3usj6.jpg

aNQbq.jpg

Watching the Pacquiao v Bradley fight

ajOu4.jpg

B/W is T-Max 400 (which I don't really like) and the last was on Velvia.

Back