Show us yer film shots then!

Couple of test shots from me that really only illustrate how little I've remembered from when I used to do this more often!

Kiev 4AM Test

Kiev 4AM, Helios-103, Ilford HP5+ (expired), manually metered, stand dev. 1hr Rodinal 1:100

Test shot taken on the Kiev 4AM I bought recently using a roll of HP5+ that I took off a bulk roll which expired some time ago. A lot of adjustment was needed in Lightroom to get something I'm vaguely happy with, partly due to problems with my light meter app and mostly my rustiness.

Nikon FE2 Tri-X Test by _Strappy_, on Flickr

Nikon FE2, Nikon 50mm f/1.4, Kodak Tri-X, stand dev 1hr Rodinal 1:100

Shot taken in Cornwall a few years ago, the film had sat in the camera since then until I developed it with the Kiev film. Less adjustment was needed but still highlights that a lot more work on my part is required.

All in all, nothing special but at least I'm taking pictures again. Next step, I think, is to locate my bulk winder and stick to working with one film for a few reels until I'm getting something more usable.

In all honesty, the colours are a surprise as the film is Kodak Portra 160.
Perhaps I need to look at my scanner settings.

Gradually getting my interest back taking shots and sent three films off to filmdev and they were up to 1.5 years old and not stored in freezer, using kodak gold 100, 200 and ultramax expired 2004 to 2006 didn't help as so disappointed with most of them, and from my previous post "what you see by eye doesn't mean the photo would great" :(
Anyway something amusing.... Robin chicks through a window started with 3 or 4 and the tweet got around to all chicks in the area and at one time there were seven (some looked older with longer tails).
914jTrU.jpg

erm not very authentic as my grandson (with long hair) wouldn't be allowed in the army..kodak gold exp about 2006, canon 20mm
lEJlLdp.jpg

Last edited:
Some from the Ricoh FF3-AF I inherited.

There are definitely some light leaks which showed up way more in the roll of Cinestill I put through it. As I got this from my late father-in-law, I'm going to try and repair it.

Butcher's Tap and Grill, Marlow.

Butcher's Tap and Grill, Marlow by Kell, on Flickr

Classic London view

Looking West from the Jubilee Bridge by Kell, on Flickr

Old signage on the Royal Academy of Music

RICOH FF-3 AF-18 by Kell, on Flickr

Sums up Camden

RICOH FF-3 AF-22 by Kell, on Flickr

The wye valley is VG for a meet or stay for a few days..lots of places to travel to around this area.
My 2006 exp Kodak gold has caused many problems with grain and quality of shots but haven't got the negs back and my guess is it needed over exposure like guys have mentioned here.
Anyway Tintern abbey with canon 20mm and T70
Where's a parking warden when you need one:-
UlWUJIm.jpg

WEYf9lp.jpg

Famous cathedral even a song about it? Was going to look inside but £13.50 entrance fee was (I thought) unreasonable .....so didn't.
Kodak gold exp about 2006, canon 20mm

ePlCdBS.jpg

Was it bringing you down? ;)

Back