Show us yer film shots then!

CNV00006-4.jpg

I like that.

To Lloyd, Osh and Trevor. Fan-bloo*y-tastic shots.

Trev, loving the Yash Mat pics, square is so cool, in fact its hip to be square. I've just been doing some research on my Yash and I've discovered its actually a Mat EM but without the meter which was on the nameplate.

Andy

Oh Andy...I've lived in desperate hope of being hip, and to achieve it by being square !!
Peace and Love...Man...

It's great to see so many superb Square shots in this thread.

Really pleasantly surprised at the results from the Yashica. Absolutely loving Velvia too.

Ed

I wanna be that disappointed !

Can't tell you how I'd revell in having an image that good and being less than happy with it.

Love this! The expression on the dog's face is priceless!

Another couple from me. These are from a Miranda MS-1 that I borrowed off a friend that had a roll of Boots 200 in it. I scanned these once before on my old crappy Clas Ohlson scanner and promptly chucked them out. Thought I would give them another go using my v500 and I kind of like them :shrug:

head
by rednorters, on Flickr

head
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

@ Trevor,

Your first two with Velvia have subjects that are colour wise bland, but once the Velvia picks up that green in the first and the sky to the left and right in the second it turns them into different shots and I like the first very much, so simple , but telling a great photographic story.

#3 is all about the sky and a Velvia sky makes it, I am sure that shot with a standard type film, like what I use :) it would be nothing, but as is, great sky indeed.

#4 For me the best of the set, some would say that the track to the LH side is taking the eye out of the frame, well not me the track is interesting and makes me want to be around the corner to view across that wonderful landscape.

I love the nettles to the foreground supporting the fence posts, the middle hedge that interestingly breaks up the composition, before allowing the eye to hit that striking yellow of the mustard or alfalfa? The shot then nestles nicely on the tree line just letting in the right amount of pure blue sky.

Very good indeed.

@ medwaygreen

Thank you so much for your comments. Can't tell you how happy it makes me.
Returning to film after so long and now dabbling in Medium Format has reinvigorated my passion.
I'm having the time of my life. Just wish I had more time..

I had a bit of a break from my 4x5 last weekend, shot on one of my Pentax LX cameras with an SMC 35mm f2.8 on my cheapie Ultrafine 100 film deved as usual Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL. A little manipulation in Nik Silver Efex Pro2.

Amongst the trees:

Amongst the trees by Ed Bray, on Flickr

EdBray said:
I had a bit of a break from my 4x5 last weekend, shot on one of my Pentax LX cameras with an SMC 35mm f2.8 on my cheapie Ultrafine 100 film deved as usual Semi-Stand in Caffenol CL. A little manipulation in Nik Silver Efex Pro2.

This is wonderful Ed.

Here's a shot from the first roll of film I put through the RZ that didn't get trashed either trying to load it into the dev tank or was loaded onto the spiral incorrectly so that the layers were touching. As I already knew there were no shots on the roll that were worth getting excited about I didn't bother with using a sleeve to keep it in etc although I did check it and removed any dust I could see on it and the scanner glass. Is the level of dust/marks typical from home dev'ed film that's had no PP work to clean it up? :)

img007.jpg

Last edited:
For a 6x7 shot, that's fairly clean dust wise. On a bad day they can look like the inside of a hoover bag

For a 6x7 shot, that's fairly clean dust wise. On a bad day they can look like the inside of a hoover bag

Thanks Rob. I looks a lot worse if I push the exposure up :D

Here's one of my first polaroids...again, a bit of a nothing shot (Yep, it's OOF :)...actually, looking at it again, I think the stitching on the cushions of the back of the sofa are in focus and it's just me not used to the difference in DOF using MF) taking advantage of some low, (rare) winter sun. It's given me an idea for a shot though I'll either have to do it using strobes or else wait until the sun gets low enough in the winter to get the same sort of light :)

img004s.jpg

Last edited:
This... Is a dusty 6x7 frame, cranked the exposure up by about 4 stops in Lr and a few more in scanner gain

Self Portrait by Rob Hooley, on Flickr

Crikey...the worst of mine isn't as bad as that snow globe effect you've got going on there :D That's encouraging though I think I'd still be best getting some storage sleeves for the other rolls of film I'll be wanting to develop soon.:)

Crikey...the worst of mine isn't as bad as that snow globe effect you've got going on there :D That's encouraging though I think I'd still be best getting some storage sleeves for the other rolls of film I'll be wanting to develop soon.:)

My room wasnt even especially dusty when they were drying, the scanner and exposure adjustments appear to have brought up every bit of dust that ever went near it :wacky:

Tim, I love your people (and dog!) shots. Are these all done with a Mamiya TLR and 80mm lens? Do you do your own scanning?

Here's a shot from the first roll of film I put through the RZ that didn't get trashed either trying to load it into the dev tank or was loaded onto the spiral incorrectly so that the layers were touching. As I already knew there were no shots on the roll that were worth getting excited about I didn't bother with using a sleeve to keep it in etc although I did check it and removed any dust I could see on it and the scanner glass. Is the level of dust/marks typical from home dev'ed film that's had no PP work to clean it up? :)

img007.jpg

Nice portrait that Chris,

The dust is about typical i reckon ...certainly on a par with what i usually have to fight with....If you happy with it then that's all that matters really.

I printed off the RZ manual from internet...had a skip read and a bit of a play the on monday but need to study more when I can get my head around it before I run some film through it

Tim, I love your people (and dog!) shots. Are these all done with a Mamiya TLR and 80mm lens? Do you do your own scanning?

Thankyou very much :)

Yep, these were done with a C3 and the standard 80mm lens I also have the 135mm lens but it just sucks compared to the awesome 80 :nuts:
And yep all scanned using Epson 4490 with epson scan.
check out my website, there's loads more on there that are pretty similar
http://timreeves2005.wix.com/squareup#!home/mainPage

Unfortunately the C3 won't be getting much use from me anymore as there's an sq-a turning up on my doorstep tomorrow but it's definitely the best camera I've ever used and was only £100! I just find that with my closeup work I need the precision only an SLR can offer.

I must say, whilst the composition of your photo you posted breaks pretty much every rule something about it seems to work for me, The contrast in textures and light and dark work really well

Last edited:
Nice portrait that Chris,

The dust is about typical i reckon ...certainly on a par with what i usually have to fight with....If you happy with it then that's all that matters really.

I printed off the RZ manual from internet...had a skip read and a bit of a play the on monday but need to study more when I can get my head around it before I run some film through it

Thanks Asha, I remember the first time I tried to take a shot with RZ. I decided to go for the instant gratification...literally...of polaroid. Despite having read the manual, I managed to forget to remove the dark slide and spent several seconds just prodding the shutter button thinking "What's going on?!" I reckon, on average I forget the dark slide 1 in 5 times that I pick up the RZ and try to use it for the first time :bonk: I know I could leave the slide out whilst the film's loaded but that just means the likelihood of me forgetting to put it back in before swapping film backs :LOL:

Thankyou very much :)

Yep, these were done with a C3 and the standard 80mm lens I also have the 135mm lens but it just sucks compared to the awesome 80 :nuts:
And yep all scanned using Epson 4490 with epson scan.
check out my website, there's loads more on there that are pretty similar
http://timreeves2005.wix.com/squareup#!home/mainPage

Unfortunately the C3 won't be getting much use from me anymore as there's an sq-a turning up on my doorstep tomorrow but it's definitely the best camera I've ever used and was only £100! I just find that with my closeup work I need the precision only an SLR can offer.

I must say, whilst the composition of your photo you posted breaks pretty much every rule something about it seems to work for me, The contrast in textures and light and dark work really well

Thanks for the link Tim. I'll take a look later. I look forward to seeing the images you get from the Bronica.

Thanks for the comments about the picture...I have to be honest and say that it's not through design. This was a combination of 1) wanting to see what the detail was like on film and 2) I've got 2 shots left on this roll and I need to finish it tonight so that we (small group of students) can go into the darkrooms to develop it:D

Nothing spectacular, but I took these last month when I took my Fuji GSW 690II out for a quick test run, after buying it (first use of a range finder). I used another roll down the coast yesterday, and hopefully, as the conditions were a bit better, I hope to get something back of better quality

HMS Ocean by Tog41, on Flickr

HMS Ocean by Tog41, on Flickr

Nice Kev like the first one best :)
You would swear blind in the first one, that the crane is actually on the ship.

Osh...Kev

Nice work..love 'em.

Unfortunately taken on a grey day.

F90X Sigma 24mm with Sensia.

SlideSensia0018CS5.jpg

Back