Show us yer film shots then!

Love the capture of the young lad with the mobile phone....so engrosed in his conversation!

Excellent work Jim, keep it, you know it makes sense.

Andy

A really lovely set of black and white images Jim, just fabuloos black and white tones, love the shallow DoF of them too!

Last edited:
Jao said:
A really lovels set of black and white images Jim, just fabuloos black and white tones, love the shallow DoF of them too!

Thanks! It is the look I love getting from acros, a beautiful film in my book!

lovely shots Jim, and you're right about Acros - hands down it's my favourite B&W film...

oh, and like everyone else has said, unless the bailiffs are at the door, keep that damned Leica... If you're not using it, just mothball it for now - otherwise somewhere down the road, you'll regret it.

Though in fairness, getting hold of a EOS30 body isn't a bad idea - makes a good film body to stick in the bag if you're going out with the 7D and a bunch of L glass... small, light and accurate exposure/focusing, and minimal expense. It's what I often did, if I didn't fancy carrying the 7D plus the full F4 L trilogy AND the EOS-3

TheBigYin said:
lovely shots Jim, and you're right about Acros - hands down it's my favourite B&W film...

oh, and like everyone else has said, unless the bailiffs are at the door, keep that damned Leica... If you're not using it, just mothball it for now - otherwise somewhere down the road, you'll regret it.

Though in fairness, getting hold of a EOS30 body isn't a bad idea - makes a good film body to stick in the bag if you're going out with the 7D and a bunch of L glass... small, light and accurate exposure/focusing, and minimal expense. It's what I often did, if I didn't fancy carrying the 7D plus the full F4 L trilogy AND the EOS-3

Thanks Mark. I think the camera and lenses will be staying in the end. I will just have to give myself an hour a week to process films.

Morning Jim, I think that giving yourself a bit of me time each week is part of the life balance thing. Although my wife does think I have left home sometimes so i may have gone too far towards 'me'. :LOL:

Andysnap said:
Morning Jim, I think that giving yourself a bit of me time each week is part of the life balance thing. Although my wife does think I have left home sometimes so i may have gone too far towards 'me'. :LOL:

Well, perhaps when she is watching some of that televisual tat I will slip off! Or work part time like she does! ;)

This street portrait is much "busier" in the background than the last one I posted, and it's a day I thoroughly regretted not shooting colour film (she had a fantastically colourful dress sense), but here it is anyway:

Rolleiflex 3.5F
Kodak Tri-X 400 (expired)
Kodak T-Max Dev 1+4

Cracking street portrait!

Looks excellent in mono to me, great DoF and lovely range of tones.

The lenses on the 3.5F are magnificent I think, is yours the Planar or the Xenotar?

Cracking street portrait!

Looks excellent in mono to me, great DoF and lovely range of tones.

The lenses on the 3.5F are magnificent I think, is yours the Planar or the Xenotar?

Cheers Adrian - it's a Planar, although I'm definitely one of those people who believe the Xenotar performs identically to the Planar.

Now what did want to go and put that up for.....its going to be a couple of weeks before I get my Mamiya.

And this sort of shot is the reason why I want one, lovely work David.

David, A lovely shot, I really like the asymetric composition, excellent use of the square format!

I processed a few more from Canterbury in the Summer when using my Nikon L35AF compact with Konica Centuria 200Asa now 8 years OOD, Developed and scanned by Photo express in Hull.

27730025CS5.jpg

27730026CS5.jpg

27730027CS5.jpg

I hope you like.:)

Excellent shots Richard.

Excellent shots Richard.

Many thanks Andy,

I really like this little camera and I was lucky enough to obtain a set of Promaster telephoto and wide angle lenses specifically for the Nikon L35AF, so I am waiting for some better weather to use the wide angle for some landscapes to see how they perform. (y)

Last edited:
Now what did want to go and put that up for.....its going to be a couple of weeks before I get my Mamiya.

And this sort of shot is the reason why I want one, lovely work David.

David, A lovely shot, I really like the asymetric composition, excellent use of the square format!

Thanks Andy and Adrian.

Tha Mamiya was a recent acquisition and I am very pleased with it. I had one about 10 years ago and regretted selling it. What I really like about it is the fact that it's a tlr but also has interchangeable lenses.

I processed a few more from Canterbury in the Summer when using my Nikon L35AF compact with Konica Centuria 200Asa now 8 years OOD, Developed and scanned by Photo express in Hull.

27730025CS5.jpg

27730026CS5.jpg

27730027CS5.jpg

I hope you like.:)

Very impresive for 8 year OOD film Richard.....Did you shoot at 100 iso to compensate for deterioration in film speed??

I might have to have a dabble with colour.....not something i do often as i'm too tight to pay a lab to dev!!:D :D

Very impresive for 8 year OOD film Richard.....Did you shoot at 100 iso to compensate for deterioration in film speed??

I might have to have a dabble with colour.....not something i do often as i'm too tight to pay a lab to dev!!:D :D

Hi Asha,

No compensation, dialled in 200Asa and proceeded as normal, I have to say that the light may have helped the film along, but I have been using this film up for about 2 years now and have not had a bad roll yet, good news as I have about 50 rolls left. :)

I wish people would stop posting pics taken with a Mamiya C330......I haven't got one yet. Although I do have a minty 180mm lens to attach to it when it does arrive.:love:

Found a roll of Tri-X kicking about in the back of the fridge, turns out it's the roll of stuff I shot back in June that I thought I had lost! Cropped the 6x6 to 4x5/5x4 since I just felt like it.

bO16R.jpg

oreky.jpg

cckRm.jpg

3cMzh.jpg

The Tessar on my 3.5B always impresses me, it's so nice for B&W.

Brunel Tower

Mamiya C330, 80mm, Fomapan 400, Ilfosol 3.

Sean, that's a really unusual shot! The tower seems to be wider at the top than the bottom, whereas perspective normally gives the opposite effect. Any suggestions how that happened?

Finally got round to running a roll of that expired own brand slide film that Boots were selling earlier in the year. Was basically seeing if they still honoured the free processing! Waited for a sunny day and shot these with the Trip. I had kept the film in a cool, dark cupboard and the expiry was February but it seems to have deteriorated quite a lot :LOL: Anyhow, a few of the images:

wheel
by rednorters, on Flickr

wheel
by rednorters, on Flickr

no
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Sean, that's a really unusual shot! The tower seems to be wider at the top than the bottom, whereas perspective normally gives the opposite effect. Any suggestions how that happened?

I did some quick perspective correction on the film scan.

Excellent monochromes, looks like you have solved the scanner non compliance!

I really like the dower feel of the first, really sums up the weather we have been having. Great use of DoF in both, the composition in the second is excellent.

More great work from your X300!

Back