Show us yer film shots then!

A few recent autumnal shots from me:

025_23A.JPG

027_25A.JPG

031_29A.JPG

Love the 'wheel me' shot, actually like your shadow in shot too, where is that?

A few recent autumnal shots from me:

025_23A.JPG

027_25A.JPG

031_29A.JPG

A nice set of black and white images, I particularly like the second one, the silhouetted figure framed in the trees works well I think.

I'll add a couple from my latest roll, shot with a 135mm lens on the Pentax ME as my ancient 50mm f/1.7 appeared to be falling to bits (now fixed thatnks to TP). Superia 200. Only day of decent light that I've managed to get out before the leaves blew away!

1) square leaf

78460006.jpg

2) branch

78460027.jpg

Revisiting some older negs:

Jw8iQ.jpg

5O4xM.jpg

eYB5f.jpg

I do like these black and white images, the second has a timeless documentary feel. I also like the quirkiness of the first and third shot. What were they shot on film wise?

Last edited:
I do like these black and white images, the second has a timeless documentary feel. I also like the quirkiness of the first and third shot. What were they shot on film wise?

Thanks for the feedback, I think they were all shot on Tri-X rated between 400 to 1250, I'm not sure on the last one though, may have been Neopan 1600. All developed in Diafine though.

Still trawling through my summer stuff. Loads more to dev too!

Rolleiflex T and Acros.

Pembrokeshire Acros and Rolleiflex T July 2012 3-10-Edit.jpg by menthel, on Flickr

Pembrokeshire Acros and Rolleiflex T July 2012 3-4-Edit.jpg by menthel, on Flickr

Very nice Rollei squares. I like them both but I particularly like the almost abstract quality of the second one. Great images from a camera that is some years old but as sharp as ever! I stupidly sold my T2 some years ago, the error of youth! I still have a nice Rolleicord IV, but it is not quite the same as the T.

Last edited:
Here is a new one of mine:

Shot this on 5x4 fuji pro 160NS

Patrick120366.jpg

It's like a scene from CSI! My monies on the guy that changed the wheel on the Saab:LOL:

An intersting image, lots going on including the spirit of Weegee:cool:

Great colour, it has a subtle cross processed look about it.

Jao said:
Very nice Rollei squares. I like them both but I particularly like the almost abstract quality of the second one. Great images from a camera that is some years old but as sharp as ever! I stupidly sold my T2 some years ago, the error of youth! I still have a nice Rolleicord IV, but it is not quite the same as the T.

Thanks. For an inexpensive member of the rollei family the T really performs. Mine is battered but still keeps on going. Mind you, things picked up when I got the v700 scanner. The output in MF is superb.

It's like a scene from CSI! My monies on the guy that changed the wheel on the Saab:LOL:

An intersting image, lots going on including the spirit of Weegee:cool:

Great colour, it has a subtle cross processed look about it.

Thanks for the lovely complement, It was quite a long exposure and was shot on the brink of darkness so I'm actually amazed on how it looks.

Im thinking of creating a series of these actually, would you recommend it?

Thanks Freecom, I was looking through my scans last night and was wondering why I didn't like it, then I realised I forgot to flip the scan. :LOL:

David, excellent set of monochromes, you have achieved some wonderful rich black and white tones. I really like the composition of al the shots too. Is that Alburgh? Lots of questions now, what's the lens on the Fed, it looks to render an excellent image. Also what is your scanning technique, those images look to be scanned beautifully!

Yes I put it together as a Diptych. I thought the photos worked well side by side.

And thank you :)

:LOL: Cock up on the link to flikr front, I cant see where to delete post.

Last edited:
Finally getting a chance to go through some shots from summer - a street portrait from me.

Rolleiflex 3.5F
Kodak Tri-X 400 (expired)

Finally getting a chance to go through some shots from summer - a street portrait from me.

Rolleiflex 3.5F
Kodak Tri-X 400 (expired)

Super picture, with a great tonal range. What's it developed in?

Super picture, with a great tonal range. What's it developed in?

T-Max Developer, my go-to choice of developer (in 1+4 dilution). My B&W film of choice is usually T-Max 400, which, needless to say, it compliments superbly - it seems to do reasonably well with Tri-X as well though. Grain is evident at closer inspection, but that's partly because the film was 2 years expired.

The scan is slightly flatter, but only by a small amount. Thanks for the comment :)

Very nicely executed street portrait, great tonal range and excellent composition.

Wickerman that is great. He really does stand out of the picture. I'm glad I've made the jump to medium format.

Back