Show us yer film shots then!

This is quality!

Wickerman that is great. He really does stand out of the picture. I'm glad I've made the jump to medium format.

This wasn't my picture (wish it was), it was taken by freecom2.

Thanks for all the kind comments - shame about the headless mannequin in the background, but you can't win them all!

I was on such a colour binge recently, the latest generation of C-41 films are awesome and I've fallen for slide film, but B&W evidently has its place.

Thanks for all the kind comments - shame about the headless mannequin in the background, but you can't win them all!

Isn't it strange the things we like/don't like, for me the headless mannequin makes the shot, it elevates the shot from good to good with added quirkiness and intrigue (y)

Tbh, for me the mannequin shows the environment of where the guy was at the time.

Excellent portrait!

This outfit has got to have motorised power somewhere....hasn't it??

I consider myself fairly fit and do cycle but to pedal this all over town all day laden with parcels........phew! rather him than me!

3dhlriderkodakpony828.jpg

Taken with a 1950's Kodak 828 Pony camera, loaded with a length of Agfa Vista Plus 200 film , cross processed in Rodinal.

Quite a heavy crop too!

Last edited:
A couple from the RZ67 shot on Ilford Pan Plus 50 , devd in LC29

7fishermanmamiyarz67fil.jpg

Sadly the boat was cropped at the expense of showing the nets/ropes that the fisherman was working on to the left.

I could have done with being able to stand a couple of feet further back but some incosiderate sole had placed a building in my way! :D

3duelmamiyarz67film3.jpg

A "Duel" going on at an exhibition in a nearby town.

The man made of rock and steel is permanently on display, however the other day he was face to face with a man of wood.................I didn't stay around to see who won!!

Last edited:
So, shooting street with a 20mm... You get caught more often than not! On crop it's a lot more in my comfortable 28-35mm zone, but this is quite a challenge. I like it, even if I keep composing to the right. Nikon F3 + some freebie Fuji 100 film.

P8yzM.jpg

GtNgU.jpg

mjNXS.jpg

ecxYj.jpg

skk0D.jpg

(cropped, I think 24mm might suit me better for now, but 20mm is all a matter of getting used to it)

5Qh5s.jpg

So, shooting street with a 20mm... You get caught more often than not!]

lol....yeah there's a few "why the h*ll are you pointing that thing at me" looks!

Good on you for just going for it and snapping away..I always find street candids a little uncofortable to shoot particularly on film in case I upset someone and can't show them the pic to show it's just for fun and delete if necessary.

Wow they're pretty damned good Simon....the noisy zoom put you off trying to be discreet in town taking street candids then??:D:D

Thanks Asha (y)

Crikey - noisy isn't the word!

It's not just the zoom either. It's every time you press the shutter and it winds on to the next frame. Crazy loud!

The other drawback is there's no warning if the shutter speed is dropping too low. I got a few blurred shots because of that.

However, I really liked the idea of a compact, point 'n' shoot film camera.

What would be a good one to look out for?

Thanks Asha (y)

Crikey - noisy isn't the word!

It's not just the zoom either. It's every time you press the shutter and it winds on to the next frame. Crazy loud!

The other drawback is there's no warning if the shutter speed is dropping too low. I got a few blurred shots because of that.

However, I really liked the idea of a compact, point 'n' shoot film camera.

What would be a good one to look out for?

Olympus Trip 35 (y):D

Any with auto focus?

Off top of my head i can't remember the focusing distance scale on the trip but if you set it to something like 3 meters, everything from approx 2.5m to infinity will be in focus making it ideal for street!

Last edited:
Well I also own a Nikon L35AF which was (IIRC) the first Nikon camera with AF. Bloody lovely thing it is too. Although like the Pentax (I know from experience as I also have a zoom 70) is a very noisy winder-onner :)

Just a quick edit to show a photo from the L35AF loaded with XP-2:

hallelujah
by rednorters, on Flickr

It does have a very nice/fast sharp lens :)

Last edited:
Ricoh GR series, got three of them and the y are great. Something a bit cheaper look out for the Olynpus Mju-II.

Managed to get Nik to pose for a couple of head and shoulder shots on the 8x10 using a 450mm Nikkor lens, exposure was 1/15 sec at f16 which allowed a stop for the bellows draw, lens was about 4ft from subject.

Scanned at 1200dpi before I realised not all was well and although it looks like processing issues I think it is more likely light leaks as the felt/foam light trap in the camera has been removed. Will restore it this week. So not so good image, Nik was cold too!

Nik450Nikkor.jpg

100% crop of the right eye, you can see the street and my shadow too!

NiksEye.jpg

Thanks Nick.

That was the first that sprang to mind.

Any with auto focus?

Oly mju II? (Which must be pretty nearly the smallest full frame automatic camera of quality... when will we get a full frame digital approaching that size?)

I haven't been here for a while, I really should, there's some lovely work here.

Anyway, a few I took at Goodwood Revival using Pentax Spotmatic SP & Spotmatic SPII with Super Takumar primes at 55mm and 135mm (some with a 2x extension tube). Films were Rollei CN-200 for colour and I think it was RPX 100 for the B&W.

01950026 by ebdl11, on Flickr

02060014 by ebdl11, on Flickr

02060024 by ebdl11, on Flickr

01950003 by ebdl11, on Flickr

This is another shot from the Agfa Vista challenge, lots of my other shots emphasised reds and blues, this one has a bit more green, shot with a Nikon F3HP, Tamron 28mm and polariser

8175743461_cef3c2a846_c.jpg

I know it isn't everyones cup of tea but I do like this film!

Managed to get Nik to pose for a couple of head and shoulder shots on the 8x10 using a 450mm Nikkor lens, exposure was 1/15 sec at f16 which allowed a stop for the bellows draw, lens was about 4ft from subject.

Scanned at 1200dpi before I realised not all was well and although it looks like processing issues I think it is more likely light leaks as the felt/foam light trap in the camera has been removed. Will restore it this week. So not so good image, Nik was cold too!

Nik450Nikkor.jpg

100% crop of the right eye, you can see the street and my shadow too!

NiksEye.jpg

That is some insane detail that has captured!

Dug a few out from earlier this year taken in Monaco just prior to the Grand prix on a Zenit E

68210297.jpg

Noticed a hair/scratch top left .....how i missed that in pp I don't know!

14230338.jpg

A bit tyre ing this one!! lol shame I missed the 012 off the 2012 ...means i could use the same shot for next year then!

89896878.jpg

Not sure about this one...against the rules for a landscape shot by going portrait orientation and it is very busy but on paper it actually looks quite good!

44032376.jpg

If you look closely you can see a reflection of a miserable old crone in the centre of the ball....me!! lol

44032376.jpg

If you look closely you can see a reflection of a miserable old crone in the centre of the ball....me!! lol

Can see you in this one as well!

Scan-120806-0035.jpg

One from the RZ67...Shot on Rollei RPX 400, Devd in LC29....Quite a heavy crop of the original Neg.

10mamiyarz67tp.jpg

Another from the same film:

It may not be common knowledge that Gromit likes the Isle of Man TT races.....well here he is watching Guy Martin blasting his way around the course on the "Closer to the Edge" dvd

8gromwatchingtttp.jpg

Last edited:
And one from the Argus C3 (c.1950) shot on Rollei RPX 100, Devd in Rodinal

usarmytruck.jpg

Loving the shots Andy but they appear to be the wrong shape :shrug:

I think flickr must have re-shaped them. I'm sure they were square originally.

Andy

Really liking the b&w conversions, they are the pick of the bunch.

Back