Show us yer film shots then!

iomtt.jpg

Whats the details on that PapaLaz ?
Is it colour reversal, cool pic whatever..

It was shot on Fuji Velvia, no tricks or anything.
I then copied the slide with my Canon 20D to get a digital version.

Taken in Southern Cemetery for a project I am doing. One of my Nikons with 85mm lens. Kodak EV100 s film (scanns much easier than Fuji). Straight scan level slightly adjusted.

Have printed itout on A2 and the wreath is slightly out but I like it and I think it adds to it

24mrst1.jpg

2445971665_691c739aab_o.jpg

Ilford FP4 in a Zeiss Ikonta 521.

Developed at Jessops of all places, still working up to printing my own. :help:

2447064404_a50179cde2.jpg

2447064398_7a07102cf1.jpg

2447064396_7a725465d1.jpg

2447064384_484426d791.jpg

couple of wrecked aircraft in the peak district (sabre and superfortress for those in the know, up near (ish) kinderscout.)
shot on hp5 400iso. on a mamiya rb67. i lugged that damn thing and it's beast of a tripod twelve miles on seriously rough terrain and through a blizzard, so i am so pleased with these.

Hi
I'm new here.
This photo I shot last year in a small village in China. :)

horses.jpg

100f:love:

I like girls too....but....uhh

100f
girls
100f
girls......100f......girls.........gawd:shrug:

:LOL:

a3fkwk.jpg

Where are you getting your colour stuff dev'd atm Joxby?

I'm tending to stick with B&W now as I can do it all myself, but I really want to try some colour work again

Where are you getting your colour stuff dev'd atm Joxby?

I'm tending to stick with B&W now as I can do it all myself, but I really want to try some colour work again

The only walk-in lab in...err...Yorkshire, its in Leeds, I work in Leeds everyday so its easy.
They aren't cheap, but **** hot and I can pick up same day, no waiting/postage/stuff.
CCimaging

I like B/W, but it is harder to shoot, slides knock me flat even if I've been rubbish with the camera:LOL:

ere Raa, I never said....luv that scene with the bikes/ramblers, dunno about the processing though, especially in the foreground, its a bit lumpy where you expect detail....

yeah I know, I'm gonna have another go at it this week.

There also seems to be a wierd purplish cast on some monitors so I'm wondering if I didn't save it at the final point after converted to grayscale? (I scanned in colour by mistake).

Will check CC imaging out, cheers

They are wicked Jox especially the night shot ... (y) ... a great comparison and superbly executed ... ;)

:p

hi there
ok then this is my first post ...the photo is not to good so i used photoshop X2 to clean it up so...

i15747_lamb.jpg

Just had my second and third fillms developed by the lovely people at The Darkroom UK.

Three of my faves: (Excuse the scanning quality, you only realy appreciate the subtlety of B&W film when someone takes it away again.) :razz:

2497062586_2f877c6c22_o.jpg

2497063646_fa89ecd5b6_o.jpg

2496237643_78fdb2262a_o.jpg

I've avoided any PP on these, it somehow seems totally wrong to me considering the format. Again, FP4 in a Zeiss Ikonta 521.

That first one looks perspectively odd, people look tiny compared with those 3ft car park bollards :thinking:

I do like this thread. I put some film shots up on a couple of threads.. i'll try to dig some out from my website:

roxanna.jpg

At CC processing they can do E6 in a couple of hours, while you wait at a push, and you get a free cup of coffee from the coffee machine.

Last edited:
At CC processing they can do E6 in a couple of hours, while you wait at a push, and you get a free cup of coffee from the coffee machine.

That's where I go, CCimaging, not the cheapest but I feel kinda lucky there is a medium format E6'r locally, no posty nonsense.

That's where I go, CCimaging, not the cheapest but I feel kinda lucky there is a medium format E6'r locally, no posty nonsense.

Can they do B&W in that time frame too? I'm sick of jessops taking three weeks to return my films*, and It's not like I wouldn't mind popping into Leeds every once in a while anyway.

*Their labs do a good job, but it takes far too long. If I could get over having to post them I'd use the-darkroom.co.uk, but I'd much rather talk to people in person, than rely on my literally illegible handwriting.

B/W ?
You should be doing your own and bypassing all that out-sourcing of labour.

can't believe I just typed that "out-sourcing of labour" what kind of office jargon claptrap is that..eh
spellchecker is making me say these things:shake:

its far too simple to let someone else do it

Last edited:
B/W ?
You should be doing your own and bypassing all that out-sourcing of labour.

can't believe I just typed that "out-sourcing of labour" what kind of office jargon claptrap is that..eh
spellchecker is making me say these things:shake:

its far too simple to let someone else do it

But I'm not at school as of last week, and whilst i have a small organo-synthetic lab in my shed, I don't have and can't yet afford a changing bag and darkroom equipment.

(also can one formulate one's own darkroom chemistry, are there guides available?)

Jessops sub the work out to one of the pro labs anyway and add their own margin, so you're probably a) paying too much b) incurring extra delays.

Home B&W developing is easy and really rewarding. Changing bags can be bought for less than a tenner and chemicals & gubbins for less than £20 so it doesn't take long for it to pay for itself.

Talkin about B&W processing does anybody know of any comprehensive set-up guides for everything you need? Had a quick browse for books but found little of significance . .

I've been doing my processing at CC for more than twenty years, they are the best professional lab in the area, I never trust my work to the post after a bad experience with some lost films many years ago.

Here are some I took with .99 cents film.

Home of Sea Biscuit the little race horse that could and did!

Those are great for cheap film, oddly smooth looking with nice calm colours.
What type of film is it ?

And whilst I'm on it, directed at this thread in general, theres no exif peeps.
There are hundreds of different films, and quite a few ways to process them.
I for one would like to know what everyone uses and if it was processed particularly, its nice to compare film for film, you get to recognize the characteristics of particular films and even their manufacturers.

I love this shot this is the exact reason ive bought my film cameras you just cannot get that with digital.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I agree. I have been shooting digital for about 8 years or so and took up film about 6 months ago. Quickly, I fell in love with it and find myself shooting more film than digital, well almost. It has a certain look about it. Perhaps it is the film grain that makes it attractive. What ever it is they look more alive to me.

Those are great for cheap film, oddly smooth looking with nice calm colours.
What type of film is it ?
I have no idea. I was trying it for the first time. The box says made in Italy and that's all I know. It has no name on it.

And whilst I'm on it, directed at this thread in general, theres no exif peeps.
There are hundreds of different films, and quite a few ways to process them.
I for one would like to know what everyone uses and if it was processed particularly, its nice to compare film for film, you get to recognize the characteristics of particular films and even their manufacturers.

The only EXIF info you will get is what ever software or scanner you used to put your image unto the computer.
I primarily shoot black and white and use kODAK Tri-X...I send my stuff to a pro lab for development although I do want to learn how to do it myself.

The only EXIF info you will get is what ever software or scanner you used to put your image unto the computer.

Yeah, I know, this film forum is only 4 months old:baby:, it was digitally dominated, peeps are used to posting...or at least are aware their photos may contain exif, its easy to forget scans say nothing about the film used.
I just think its great to see an image and think, blimey, I like that, what film is it, I'll give it a shot...y'know.
I have 5 rolls of Velvia 50 new mix to shoot, haven't seen any here yet.
And a big pile of 320TX, (kindly donated by a NewYork studio), I don't actually like Kodak, it sends my fixer pink, but if I see some B/W here I like, I may be tempted to use it:LOL:
Thats a lie, I'm gonna use it anyway..

I primarily shoot black and white and use kODAK Tri-X...I send my stuff to a pro lab for development although I do want to learn how to do it myself.

Thats a heck of a scanner....Noritsu, for home use:LOL:

Thats a heck of a scanner....Noritsu, for home use:LOL:

I wish I had one of those. The pro place I use has one of those. They give me the negatives and the images are put on a cd rom. I myself have a HP scanner with Vue Scan software. I can scan my own negatives or images, but since they started to offer a cd rom with all the images on it for $2.50, i decided to do that instead. This way I can choose what I want printed.

provia 400

5f0m7d.jpg

velvia 100f

1zgqg51.jpg

velvia 50 (new mix) + godawfull light leak.....:annoyed:

35himc8.jpg

Last edited:
Curse that light leak - beautiful colour saturation!

Back