Show us yer film shots then!

velvia 100f

1zgqg51.jpg

Love this image!!!

Curse that light leak - beautiful colour saturation!

Fuji Blues are like a punch on the nose, they certainly get you're attention.

Lovely stuff.

Love this image!!!

Yeah, I used a full roll of 50 on a poppy field.
I don't see a lot of difference between 50 and 100f, I think I'd rather stick with the extra speed of 100 in good light.
Velvia 50 probably comes into its own during longer exposures..

Yeah, I used a full roll of 50 on a poppy field.
I don't see a lot of difference between 50 and 100f, I think I'd rather stick with the extra speed of 100 in good light.
Velvia 50 probably comes into its own during longer exposures..

Yes ive seen some excellent long exposure stuff on flickr from velvia I might try some out tonight.

Found one with no light leak, but a bit of fabbo lens flare:LOL:

domfy8.jpg

These are among the last photo's from my Bronica EC, sold and shipped as of today.

a4ljzs.gif

Last edited:
I like a bit of flare on a poppy shot, even when it's as subtle as that is. :D

I recently got some "high speed" slide film from boots to take some shots of kayaking... I shall post the results here, and I'm most interested to see what the comparison between boots own brand (manufactured by Fuji) and the real Fuji Velvia.

These are some images my son took as we walked some old train tracks... It is cool watching this eight year old, moving around and composing his shots.

All n All we walked about 1 mile maybe a tad more down these tracks...

Shots are cool, for an 8 year old, definitely got the eye (y)

I don't think they're as sympathetically scanned/pp'd as they could have been.
I think they are better than the scans suggest, but that's always the caveat when someone else does it, they have they're own idea of how they should look.
Its little things like the halos and usm, things you would try to correct if you were doing it yourself, that spotty herbert at scans'r'us wouldn't bother with.
I can't say nothing about scans really, mine are slide copied......:LOL:
You could check the negs and see if there are focus problems, hence the usm, and/or under-exposure issues.
You should chuck him a roll of slide film, see what he makes of them..:)

Those are great - the first one is really punchy. (y)

CLICKY

I dunno if you can still get it? I always called it Rodinol, although Google searches respond to both spellings.

They have it at silverprint, thats where I bought mine from, like...hurr....2 years ago.
Click AGFA > chemicals > b/w developers.
I've not opened the damn bottle yet, probably be off by the time I get round to it.
Ere, do you want it sprog, I can't match my ambition with action, heck, I'm not even shooting b/w:LOL:
I'm not sure Rodinal is the smoothest developer available for fine grain though.

Those are nice scans btw, scanning is half the battle.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind joxby, what's the shelf life on an unopened bottle? I fell for that once with some Ilford stuff and all my film came out bright purple and blank, probably not worth the risk come to think about it.:crying:

What would you peeps recommend for a fine grain developer? I've read about some using very low concentrations and long development times to get the best tone & detail.

Grant was nattering about weak Rodinal solutions and really long development times, like...hours, a while back, he said tonally they were great, but grainy with it.

Taken with a Polaroid SX-70 using 600 film -

film_01.jpg

Taken with a Holga 120N using Fuji Pro 400H film -

film_02.jpg

film_03.jpg

Taken with a Lomo LC-A using Fuji Velvia 100 film (cross processed) -

film_04.jpg

:)

After 6 months in limbo we've just arrived at our new house and in the mean-time I've bought a scanner. As I was unpacking I came across these from my time out in the Balkans and given this week's events it seemed appropriate to chuck these up. They not for crit just for sharing, it was my first slr and I didn't know one end from the other, an Olympus IS-500 if memory serves me. Believe it or not I knew less about photography then than I do now ;).

We were asked to airlift two airconditioning units onto the top of these new UN or NATO buildings that were built in Sarajevo.

img023.jpg

img024.jpg

img025.jpg

img026.jpg

Apparently this building was an old government building before they bad guys shelled the arse out of it at which point the snipers moved in to pick off the women and kids. Nice place Bosnia.
img027.jpg

img028.jpg

img029.jpg

Last edited:
I got my scanner working.....:banana:

velvia 50.....St Ives

j0yb9i.jpg

Last edited:
I got my scanner working.....:banana:

velvia 50.....St Ives

j0yb9i.jpg

oh :love: I love velvia just can't beat those fuji blues

Heres a few recent ones I got done

These two were taken on my a1 with some cheapy kodak £1 stuff from poundworld not bad I must say.
2697028374_5606a95039.jpg

2697029410_a79f406d73.jpg

Next some holga stuff on velvia 50 I think i'll choose velvia 100 next time as even on a bright day its not enough in a holga

2696603464_02ff210ffd.jpg

2696605050_8bc0c6f6fb.jpg

2695765661_1f69e7d0f1.jpg

2695764701_0c6329db90.jpg

2695763477_0cc797a290.jpg

60 mile round trip to a muddy field, in the pitch black freezing cold, with only 3 frames to shoot.
1# shutter cable broke and exposed the night @ 1/500th:LOL:
2# tripod sunk in the mud @ 2 mins:LOL:
3# held the tripod & shutter button steady for 6 mins:LOL:
I just laugh in the face of adversity:puke:

2s00q5w.jpg

WOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This shot is beautiful!

Well, some ones got to ask...

What do we do in the greased pig competition..:cautious:
cos I fancy a go, sounds like Porcine Greco wrestling or something...?

Ahh, its a meat packing place....

Today, twelve Cloughertys spanning three generations work together to insure Farmer John products are in keeping with the past. They closely supervise every detail of the packing process. Quality control is foremost. So, consumers are always assured fresh delivery daily. What's more, the Farmer John family responds to consumer demand with a growing selection of wholesome meat products. They include: a full line of lean, fresh-cut pork, savory sausage, wonderful wieners, franks, Polish sausage, bacon in two thicknesses, boneless smoked fully cooked ham, as well as a full assortment of pre-packed ready-to-eat luncheon meats, liver spreads and more. Hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Farmer John products always reflect high values and low prices. On the holidays, every day, families who know what's best put Farmer John products between their knives and forks.

The pork plant, located south of Los Angeles in Vernon, became a tourist attraction in 1957 when set painter Les Grimes was hired to decorate one of its walls with a farm scene.

FarmerJohn078.jpg

^ its hard to tell where the murial ends and reality begins, great pictures..

colour blitz.......:eek:

2ntk27c.jpg

xppiz6.jpg

2aflls6.jpg

2hquydv.jpg

StIves, all Velvia 50

My god, that beach one is banging, you should see the slide:love:

Last edited:
:love: can't wait to goto scarbrough now armed with some slide film :D

Inside the Pantheon in Rome.
This is a scanned slide that I shot there in 1969.

pantheon2.jpg

1969.....:LOL:

like, my digital 1's and 0's will still be around in 39 years.....I think not, they're lucky to last a week the way I "filter" rubbish.

I like that, the darkness surrounding everything makes it quite abstract.

Some recent street stuff with provia 400x great slide film going to buy a load more of it.
2758536975_8fc76c1c01.jpg

2759376226_dd5e24e2d1.jpg

2756412978_15f51afc2b.jpg

2755571841_92338e5830.jpg

2756405208_92154ffb1a.jpg

2755570733_426615dd0e.jpg

ok this is digital but just showing off my new minolta I bought for £35 yes I paid abit over the odds? but I like to buy cameras in person as I can test it bought it in oxfam :)

2754076764_185708fafd.jpg

Nice shots, were is the grain??!! 7dayshop has some going really cheap at the moment I just bought a batch load :woot:

Last edited:
Nice shots, were is the grain??!! 7dayshop has some going really cheap at the moment I just bought a batch load :woot:

grain what grain? :LOL: yes I bought my last lot from there really good pricing :) fast delivery too considering thier location!

Back