Show us yer film shots then!

not seen one of those for a while !

never heard of them untill a few weeks ago theres quite a collective behind them on flickr which is where I bought this one off a user.It'll be my everyday carry as theres been many street moments/sunsets/rises ive wanted to capture when just going about my daily life.

Nice, I was contemplating buying something like that, I need a small camera to carry around everywhere.

There are a few on fleebay currently - its interesting as one is listed under vintage cameras, and is currently £31; there is another under compact cameras 35mm, that comes complete with the AII flash unit and thats only £8 !!

<bitch mode on> not sure there's any need to quote images immediately below the same post, especially for one or two word replies, it's taking an age for this page to load and scroll down </bitch mode off>

Some with my new mamiya c330, scanned with v500 shot on delta 100.

img057.jpg

img058.jpg

100f and.....a polariser :LOL: the sand was featureless without it.

1231dac.jpg

^ stunning shot there sir. *thumbsup*

Thanks sprog,
I can't advocate the use of polarisers with already insanely coloured film, but it was worth it to see the water running down the beach.
I really need a 50 for this mamiya

What scanners are people using to scan the negs??

Cheers

Minolta Dimage Scan Multi 2.
Had problems with it, but after I re-installed windoze I've been fairly impressed, its at least as good as most flatbeds without the huge flatbedness, I think it will perform better with less than perfectly exposed negs, than a flatbed would.

Ha! You and I both, good ones are like rocking-horse s**t at the moment.

I've recently been doing the velvia/sky/polariser thang too :)

ha ha, we're not in competition, although I'd rather be looking for an RB 50, than mine..:LOL:...50's are the nuts.
Thats bonza, and confirms I forgot to compensate for that polariser..

That boat could be sharper, but the grass bottom right is.
It hardly seems to matter when they come out like that anyway :LOL:, ubersharp is just....well....not a deal breaker anymore..

Last edited:
The boat is blurred, he was moving at a fair lick as he was sailing with the wind.

I added two stops, but think 1.5 would have been better.

really bad scans i know but taken from a few years ago just before the war in the gulf .i think it was feb the 14th

img686_Medium_.jpg

img671_Medium_.jpg

img689_Medium_.jpg

Here's a few of mine from today taken whilst getting drenched on the hills around Ladybower. At one point the mist was so bad we had about 10m visibilty :eek:

anyway, here they are:

bikers.jpg

fishermen.jpg

tree-and-sheep.jpg

I'm not sure with the next one whether I prefer the uncropped or cropped version, opinions?

misty-trees.jpg

misty-trees-square.jpg

This kind of weather makes me glad my 1n is at least partly weather sealed, shame the 3 isn't aswell :razz: hopefully no damage done

I have family that live there!

<bitch mode on> not sure there's any need to quote images immediately below the same post, especially for one or two word replies, it's taking an age for this page to load and scroll down </bitch mode off>

roflhats to the max..

What scanners are people using to scan the negs??

Cheers

mine were done on an epson v500 , i only give them a quick fly through just to see whats on them ,and then if i like anything i do them again ,hopefully better and without the dust marks.

You don't HAVE to read this thread, especially if its annoying you so much.

Thanks, I never thought not to read the thread, but then... it's not the thread that's annoying me is it.

What is the point of requoting a whole batch of photos just to say "nice *smiley*" or "I know where that is"?

I bought some developing kit last week and played around a bit over the weekend. It's the first time I've developed film in about 5 years. I started shooting digital almost exclusively, but I've found it's made me a pretty lazy photographer; it's so easy to shoot anything and delete what I don't want when a memory card can hold a couple of thousand images, but with the expense of film, I want to make sure every shot counts, so I'm a lot more careful about what I'm taking.

But despire that, I'm not sure this is anything too impressive. I was just shooting anything this weekend because I was so eager to dev it. A couple on my blog:
http://ameblo.jp/ballard/entry-10131381883.html

Last edited:
Here's one taken on a Fuji GSW690 II 6x9 rangefinder 3 years ago. Film is Velvia 50 and scanned on a good-at-the-time Epson 2450. It's on the road to Mount Cook, New Zealand.

NZ120_25_02.jpg

MisterE Thats brilliant! payday is comming I have to get some velvia 50

Last edited:
MisterE Thats brilliant! payday is comming I have to get some velvia 50

Thank you! When I got the Fuji in 2005 it's first trip overseas was to South Africa, then New Zealand and Australia a short while later. But it's such a brick of a camera to carry overseas, and having litle opportunity to use it here, it sat unused for a couple of years. Then last year I was perusing the scans from these two trips and thought "Damn, these are good. It's got to come out again". So last year I made the effort to cram it in with all my digital stuff and took it to the US deserts, canyons etc for a month, and then again to New Zealand for 2 weeks this year.

Unfortunately time hasn't been available to scan these, and I'm ashamed to say that quite a few are still in the fridge undeveloped. Ok, ok, I'll get some sent off this week.

MisterE - that landscape has me gob smacked! The colour and depth of the shot is mind blowing...

MisterE - that landscape has me gob smacked! The colour and depth of the shot is mind blowing...

Thank you. The Velvia does have character. Here are some more

Queenstown airport, New Zealand, taken from Deer Park Heights.

Queenstown.jpg

A small town on the Banks Peninsula, near Christchurch, New Zealand

Near_Lyttleton.jpg

The water in the bay here at Lyttleton, New Zealand in these next two photos really is this turquoisey colour

Lyttleton_01.jpg

Lyttleton_02.jpg

Capetown, from Table Mountain

Capetown.jpg

Great shots there MisterE, very nice indeed and a perfect choice of film for the scenery.

I almost bought a Fuji a little while back, but just couldn't justify the running costs, and the lenses are pretty hard to find now aren't they?

Great shots there MisterE, very nice indeed and a perfect choice of film for the scenery.

I almost bought a Fuji a little while back, but just couldn't justify the running costs, and the lenses are pretty hard to find now aren't they?

Thanks sprog. My Fuji is a rangefinder and has a fixed lens with a moderate wide angle view, and giving a slightly panoramic 6 x 9 format. As for running costs, it gets relatively little use. It's surprisingly difficult to actually press that shutter button after the freedom of digital. In the 3 years I've had it I haven't taken a single shot in this country. The 60 or so rolls (at a guess) I've taken have all been overseas. Each 120 roll gives me 8 shots.There's still a roll in it from a New Zealand trip earlier this year with 3 shots remaining and I suppose I'll have to find something here to use it on, for the first time ever.

Very old, one of my first film shots for a school project. Bad scan!

I love this picture - the look on the girls face.......

Anyway, I came across this site a while ago but lost the address and now I've just found it. This link is just one part of it and has many large file size scans of 2nd WW 5x4 Kodachromes with some stunning quality. There are other similar early photos on other parts of the site.

http://www.shorpy.com/4x5-large-format-kodachromes

Jeez, those Shorpy photos are damned impressive, thanks for the link MisterE. Certainly puts the plague of HDR'ers into perspective don't it.

Samsung hi def...:thinking:

Top two are tidy, though the second one looks a little green.
The last two look like they're on the edge of scanability.
You're way over due shooting some slide jgredline..:D

overcooked these a bit, the whole roll, think it was Astia or something, not my usual slide anyway.
Three for fun...

qyxnp0.jpg

2m3gw05.jpg

vnl6yq.jpg

2840988638_287cf2c914.jpg

Lost the thing that keeps the film flat in the holder for my epson scanner :( so now all my pics appear out of focus and distorted.They all look spot on the actual film..

Back