Show us yer film shots then!

A few more from my home made wide angle panoramic camera.

B-6x12-1.jpeg

B-6x12-2.jpeg

B-6x12-3.jpeg

B-6x12-4.jpeg

They are all good but the second one just shades it for me.

The quote just repeats the same link (it doesn't actually include the image) so if you saw it the first time, you'd see it the second time. As it happens, I can't see it either. I get the "Photo unavailable" image, both here on the forums and if I try to view it at http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3721/11150817834_16af97731e_b.jpg

Then it must be a Flickr issue then..... as I always copy and paste the image instead of linking....as my images are private by default.....
And every other image I've posted works....
And some can see the image I've posted today, but some can't....so not sure what else to try

Then it must be a Flickr issue then..... as I always copy and paste the image instead of linking....as my images are private by default.....
And every other image I've posted works....
And some can see the image I've posted today, but some can't....so not sure what else to try

Ah, that'll be why I can't see it, then. You haven't actually copy and pasted the image - you copy and pasted the link to it (the link I quoted). I can't see it because it's private. I imagine the ones who can see it are on your friend's list on Flickr?

original.jpg

The pass of Glencoe. Taken with Velvia 100 on a Bronica ETRS and 75mm lens. The slide has a bit more detail in the shadows than I can get out of the scanner. So this will have to do..

That's a bit nice, looks like you've had some nice light up there!

Ah, that'll be why I can't see it, then. You haven't actually copy and pasted the image - you copy and pasted the link to it (the link I quoted). I can't see it because it's private. I imagine the ones who can see it are on your friend's list on Flickr?
No funnily enough Strax can see it who isn't on my friends list.... Asha can't see it and he isn't on my friends list, and Cg_Girl can see it and she is on my friends list lol

Last edited:
original.jpg

Linne Bhuidhe waterfall, Glencoe. Bronica ETRS, Velvia 100, 40mm zenzanon, Lee 2 stop soft ND Grad

Last edited:
Asha
A foot length of Agfa Vista ( quid film) spooled with purposely cut backing paper allows me to get 6 frames out of this 1930's Ensign Midget Model 55:

View attachment 1567

Offering results like these taken on a very windy day, hence the youngsters had been out sailing etc ...... the palm trees in the background of shot 3 show how strong the wind was!

Just realised I haven't removed the dust etc out of that last shot ... oh well appologies, but as is.

1. View attachment 1568

2. View attachment 1569

3. View attachment 1570
Asha, these are really great, love the colours and the aspect ratio

Asha

Asha, these are really great, love the colours and the aspect ratio

Thank you Adrian,

Originally E10 sized film was used offering six frames, 1 ¼" x 1 ⅝"

Spooling and loading 35mm film is awkward ( not least because the whole operation has to be done in a changing bag. Although the film is rolled with backing paper, it is so tightly spooled that to try and load it in daylight is impossible as the film tends to "spring" away from its spool when loading onto the take up spool.....Blimey how many times can spool(ing) be mentioned in a sentence! :D

Asha, sounds quite a job, but well worth while. Out of interest what did you use as backing paper?

original.jpg

Linne Bhuidhe waterfall, Glencoe. Bronica ETRS, Velvia 100, 40mm zenzanon, Lee 2 stop soft ND Grad

That's better..(y)

From a scan perspective, I don't think that first shot was on for Velvia, it just demands so much sunlight.

Like this one much more, it seems to have a magenta cast in it but my screen has a blue cast so I dunno, could be my crap screen.

Lovely set indeed, great monochrome autumn feel!

It did seem strange using black and white film as the last of the autumn colours looked great. I did get some colour shots but they were taken with one of those new fangled electric cameras.

Steve.

Reactions: Jao
Asha, sounds quite a job, but well worth while. Out of interest what did you use as backing paper?

It's always worthwhile to both keep the cameras alive and have an opportunity to use cameras that would otherwise sit in a display cabinet or worse, in someones atic.

Backing paper....Easy peasy......just cut old 120 format paper to suitable length and width. Dry run it through the camera noting where the frames need to start and end, mark the paper accordingly with frame numbers. If you like the job doing properly like me, then add arrows, dots and "exposed" :p

Reactions: Jao
original.jpg

The pass of Glencoe. Taken with Velvia 100 on a Bronica ETRS and 75mm lens. The slide has a bit more detail in the shadows than I can get out of the scanner. So this will have to do..

I like this one, the other is good too buts its definitely got a bit of magenta going on.

A foot length of Agfa Vista ( quid film) spooled with purposely cut backing paper allows me to get 6 frames out of this 1930's Ensign Midget Model 55:

View attachment 1567

Offering results like these taken on a very windy day, hence the youngsters had been out sailing etc ...... the palm trees in the background of shot 3 show how strong the wind was!

Just realised I haven't removed the dust etc out of that last shot ... oh well appologies, but as is.

1. View attachment 1568

2. View attachment 1569

The first two look almost period for the film, well worth the effort I'd say.

Does every one dust spot their negs, is it just me being lazy?

Last edited:
That's better..(y)

From a scan perspective, I don't think that first shot was on for Velvia, it just demands so much sunlight.

Like this one much more, it seems to have a magenta cast in it but my screen has a blue cast so I dunno, could be my crap screen.

You are right about velvia demanding sunlight. Nice and contrasty but very hard to pull shadow detail back, especially when they are slightly underexposed. There doesn't seem to be too much of a cast on my calibrated monitor, the shadows have a slight cast as I tried to recover them a bit.

I'm kicking myself for loading another roll of velvia into my only Bronica 120 film back and not giving a roll of portra 160 a shot

I like this one, the other is good too buts its definitely got a bit of magenta going on.

Time to revisit the scan and check for a cast.:)

Good luck. I've got about four rolls of velvia I've not had the heart to scan yet. I need to redo my profiling and frankly it destroyed my will last time.

You are right about velvia demanding sunlight. Nice and contrasty but very hard to pull shadow detail back, especially when they are slightly underexposed. There doesn't seem to be too much of a cast on my calibrated monitor, the shadows have a slight cast as I tried to recover them a bit.

I'm kicking myself for loading another roll of velvia into my only Bronica 120 film back and not giving a roll of portra 160 a shot

Sometimes if my camera is loaded with Velvia, I might not have the opportunity to shoot it........for a month, if the light isn't there when you are, its a waste of time and film.
When I get balled off with not being able to sync shooting with decent light.......I shoot night with it..:shrug:

Sometimes if my camera is loaded with Velvia, I might not have the opportunity to shoot it........for a month, if the light isn't there when you are, its a waste of time and film.
When I get balled off with not being able to sync shooting with decent light.......I shoot night with it..:shrug:

I ended up buying another back for the RB as I got sick of having one "reserved" for high days.

Couple from yesterdays walk in the Pentlands, it was a little blowy; watching a RB67 on a sturdy tripod rock is a little disconcerting.

These from the noon pinhole, as is tradition one munged frame and a lot of over exposure but I'm getting better with it.

Allermuir Summit Disc, this I think needs revisiting on a clearer, less windy day so I don't end up standing over the camera for 5 minutes.

Allermuir Summit Disc Pinhole
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

And a final shot later in the day to finish off the roll

Sea (Canal) Sick
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Shot on Fp4 through a Noon pinhole.

I ended up buying another back for the RB as I got sick of having one "reserved" for high days.

Thats always an option if I can find a back cheap enough.

Here's one more from Loretta. I wasn't sure about it at first but, with a bit of a crop, I quite like it now.

img098_1-2
by simon ess, on Flickr

Good reason to like it imo. The curved lead to the church works very well in making the whole scene oval like. Excellent tones too (y)

11178821614_79a50b1fcb_b.jpg

Llyn Gwynant, dull at dusk on Agfa Vista 200 deved and scanned by Asda, will rescan on the V500 when I get a moment

Back