Show us yer film shots then!

I did 4x 50mm x 125mm scans at 6000dpi of a 5"x7" negative on the Drum Scanner yesterday, stitched together in CS6 they gave a 2.98GB Tiff. It was too big to do anything with so I reduced it to a 490MB Tiff. Not the greatest image but I am getting better results from the Drum Scanner although it has been a pretty steep and frustrating learning curve. Next time I am going to do a wet scan on the V750 and then move it to the drum scanner to see how much difference there really is between a consumer £500 flatbed scanner and a professional £35,000 drum scanner (well it was when new).

View from Avon access road
by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Ed, that really is a high class and well detailed shot with a great sky,wonderful tones, very impressive indeed.

:agree:What he said, very impressive level of detail in that image Ed.

Ed, that really is a high class and well detailed shot with a great sky,wonderful tones, very impressive indeed.

:agree:What he said, very impressive level of detail in that image Ed.

Thanks gents, the detail picked up by the drum scanner is absolutely amazing in the original 2.98GB file, but not much good if you can't work on it. As soon as I did anything that required a new layer the working size was just short of 6GB. Even with my 64bit, Quad core, 16GB Ram windows 7 system it takes an age to do anything with.

I did 4x 50mm x 125mm scans at 6000dpi of a 5"x7" negative on the Drum Scanner yesterday, stitched together in CS6 they gave a 2.98GB Tiff. It was too big to do anything with so I reduced it to a 490MB Tiff. Not the greatest image but I am getting better results from the Drum Scanner although it has been a pretty steep and frustrating learning curve. Next time I am going to do a wet scan on the V750 and then move it to the drum scanner to see how much difference there really is between a consumer £500 flatbed scanner and a professional £35,000 drum scanner (well it was when new).

View from Avon access road by Ed Bray, on Flickr

Well maybe you could just use the V750 for posting on the net and the drum scanner for exhibitions or whatever.

Last edited:
Great image Nguss and well done. It's very similar to the disqualified image in this years Landsape photographer of the year.;)

Top shot mate and well deserved.

Andy

I do believe this new-fangled film thing is spreading.

What ^^^they^^^said .....................Very well done @ Nguss :clap:

Respect @Nguss! Well deserved, a shot that sets a very high standard and something for the rest of us to aspire to, well done indeed

I do not think I have posted this yet, it is my landscape shot for the comp that was disqualified,because I oversized the entry,again I am an idiot,but,I liked it.

Bronica ETRS,50mm PE lens and Ektar 100.

Stormy seas, Nikon F80 on expired Kodak Ektachrome 7239 motion picture film.

Scott,very much like the photograph,can you enlighten me as to what Kodak Ektachrome 7239 motion picture film means or is?

Crikey thanks everyone! I did think it looked a bit similar to the disqualified LPOTY 2012 image when I converted it to black and white, but there is not much scope from that spot with my limited abilities to do much else!

It's not a criticism as it's a great image, but I knew I had seen it before.:)

Something not quite right with this whole roll. Think I might have messed up with the temp. of the developer.

Salvaged one or two - not that the others are terrible - just not quite right.

img131_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img133_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img139_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

Last edited:
Another autumn image, just to add a bit of colour to all this wet weather we've been having....

11532203364_ba4a7e0fba_b.jpg

Very moody sky Asha, nice tone too

Very moody sky Asha, nice tone too

That's rather gorgeous Asha!

Thank you ......taken on the F4 with an Nikon F/3.5 35-105mm AF lens which i haven't used in ages as I prefered my primes ..... this roll of agfa vista came out well so may well find myself using this body/lens set up regularly seeing as AF suits the F4 perfectly ....saying that I manually focused most of the shots! A habit I find hard to drop :D

Back