Show us yer film shots then!

Been trying to load a few more shots and keep getting the message shots are too big, is there a size limit for shots?

Cracking results from the Kentmere, great tones, contrast and grain, what a bargain that film is.

Been trying to load a few more shots and keep getting the message shots are too big, is there a size limit for shots?

If you're uploading to the TP gallery, then I think there is... usual advice is to use flickr/photobucket etc and share from there using the bbcode

It always used to be 800 along the longest size, not sure if it's changed since the great migration of 2013.

Cracking results from the Kentmere, great tones, contrast and grain, what a bargain that film is.
Thanks Nick even better bargin as I use the 100m roll and load my own magazines works out about £2.50 a roll.

TP gallery is 1024x1024max and no more than 350kb iirc
Thanks Mark I'll reset the sizes and try again

If you're uploading to the TP gallery, then I think there is... usual advice is to use flickr/photobucket etc and share from there using the bbcode
Thanks Mads this looks to be the easiest way

These are the remaining shots of my Dunbeath Strath set all comments and critique welcome

Eric, this is a lovely set of images from a classic old camera too! Another emulsion for me to add to the list to use in 2014!

Eric, this is a lovely set of images from a classic old camera too! Another emulsion for me to add to the list to use in 2014!
Thanks Adrian, I really like the camera and its shots are reasonably sharp. Kentmere is supposed to be similar to FP4 & HP5 all made by the same people all I know is its reasonably cheap just wish it came in 120mm

Reactions: Jao
Hi Eric, some nice shots there. Only commenting on the last 3 as I can't see the others (on the previous page!). IMHO the first two have a problem in that the subject somehow isn't isolated enough, whether by contrast or framing or whatever. The last one however, I really love: great textures in the stone and lichen wall, and a huge sense of depth., wonderful lines leading to those two distant trees. I'm amazed at how much depth of field you've got there; really makes the shot, I think. Quite difficult in a "full frame" camera in winter light. Great stuff.

Hi Eric, some nice shots there. Only commenting on the last 3 as I can't see the others (on the previous page!).

It's unfortunate I had some loading problems and my load was at the end of a page ... :oops: :$

IMHO the first two have a problem in that the subject somehow isn't isolated enough, whether by contrast or framing or whatever. The last one however, I really love: great textures in the stone and lichen wall, and a huge sense of depth., wonderful lines leading to those two distant trees. I'm amazed at how much depth of field you've got there; really makes the shot, I think. Quite difficult in a "full frame" camera in winter light. Great stuff.

The 1st 2 images are different as I concenrated on specific objects, the wall especially fascinated me that it still remains standing. The other 3 are more situational and the lichan wall is my favorite.

Thanks for your comments they are most appreciated and helpful :ty:

On another extremely hazy day in Hong Kong during our trip late last year, we travelled to Lantau Island to see the Tian Tan Buddha, more popularly known as the Big Buddha. To get there we had to catch a ride on the 5.6km Ngong Ping 360 cable car, which is the most efficient, and spectacular, way to tackle the mountainous terrain of the island:

Well, I finally took the plunge and developed my first roll of film :banana:

Taken with the Nikon F4 and 50mm F1.8
FP4 developed using ID-11, and scanned with the V500
These were taken at the Boxing Day hunt meet in the village...

11797729454_1ee9028d3d_b.jpg

11798375086_1f8e5a935b_b.jpg

11798020194_c3143b7b5f_b.jpg

11797153944_6d3df1bfd8_b.jpg

Bravo!!...........a very well done Lee :clap:. Excellent results, even more credit due to it being your first time at developing....blimey some of us "experienced" geezers can't get our shots as good as them after years of practice!:D

@skysh4rk Another cracking set RJ......love thefirst one....gives me asense that I'm actually dangling there:wideyed:

Bravo!!...........a very well done Lee :clap:. Excellent results, even more credit due to it being your first time at developing....blimey some of us "experienced" geezers can't get our shots as good as them after years of practice!:D

Thank you Asha.... I am pleased at how they turned out for my first attempt.... I will be trying Pan F tomorrow!.

And I'd like to thank @robhooley167 for sending me his 'Darkroom Guide' (y)

Lee, well done with the developing, and the taking in the first place! I particularly like the last of your hunt shots, with the little tyke looking so composed, all dressed up for the big day. We always used to follow the Boxing Day hunt, meeting in Bishops Lydeard, on foot (my sister rode in it). Leaving aside the politics of it, a meet was a pretty big occasion for a country village back in the 60s and 70s, and this does bring back the special feel. Bit of a shame to miss the colour, but it actually works pretty well in mono!

Mads... that first one of Dylan is the cat's whiskers! A1+

Lee, well done with the developing, and the taking in the first place! I particularly like the last of your hunt shots, with the little tyke looking so composed, all dressed up for the big day. We always used to follow the Boxing Day hunt, meeting in Bishops Lydeard, on foot (my sister rode in it). Leaving aside the politics of it, a meet was a pretty big occasion for a country village back in the 60s and 70s, and this does bring back the special feel. Bit of a shame to miss the colour, but it actually works pretty well in mono!
Thank you Chris.... Yes, we are a small village, and this meet was a very well turned out one, the busiest I've known it for a long time......
I did also take a roll in colour lol...but I'll have to send that away to get developed...I'll post them up when they get done.

A woodland stream.

img194_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

As an aside - I've been getting a very weird effect showing on my film pictures on flickr lately. It's like a faint mosaic pattern, particularly in areas of detail, like the twigs, branches and reeds in this shot..

Can anyone please offer an explanation?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Saturday dogwalk and amazing that they were still long enough for me to take the shot;

Great timeless shot Mark. Was it taken on the Hassy?

It has a large format feel to it; looks like a tilted depth of field to me...really like the effect.

It was the a Hasselblad Steve but I think the DOF gives it that feel of LF.

The little chap is a new addition. He was a surprise Christmas and 50th birthday present from my mother this year so I suspect you might get bored with dog photos from me for a little while - if they stay still long enough!

Mark

These are great Lee, how did you find doing them yourself?

hi, this is my first film post with a test roll of cheap Agfa 200 color with my Yashica Minister D..i cannot wait to use it again. alot more exciting than digital thats for sure!

This is fantastically retro - where/what on earth is it? Could be a power station control room, a factory or........

Please tell us!

This is fantastically retro - where/what on earth is it? Could be a power station control room, a factory or........

Please tell us!

it is indeed a power station Simon, heres another shot, i would love to tell you which one but its a little sensitive subject ..

it is indeed a power station Simon, heres another shot, i would love to tell you which one but its a little sensitive subject ..

These are really cool.. certainly make for some ace photographs, i love the first one!

These are really cool.. certainly make for some ace photographs, i love the first one!

thank you, i actually forgot about taking the film to get developed which when they came back i was more than happy, i have many more digital shots on my Flickr of said place...be rude to post the link here though :p

hi, this is my first film post with a test roll of cheap Agfa 200 color with my Yashica Minister D..i cannot wait to use it again. alot more exciting than digital thats for sure!

Really like the first one there Daniel. I think the second has lost the subject in the haze.

Last edited:
Really like the first one their Daniel. I think the second has lost the subject in the haze.

thank you Steven, it was a very weird sort of day with the haze and humid air! now that i have tested the Yashica is in working condition i hope to improve my film photography this year :)

That 1st shot is a cracker. Reminds me of a movie involving a nuclear accident.

Lichen on a tree stump at F1.4

Paul. Shooting at 1.4 is fun. With reference to the other shots. At a subject distance of 30cm the depth of field is less than 1mm. At 1metre it's around 30mm

Thanks Trevor i'm at the cutting edge of lichen-tography :)

Back