Show us yer film shots then!

Thank you ......taken on the F4 with an Nikon F/3.5 35-105mm AF lens which i haven't used in ages as I prefered my primes ..... this roll of agfa vista came out well so may well find myself using this body/lens set up regularly seeing as AF suits the F4 perfectly ....saying that I manually focused most of the shots! A habit I find hard to drop :D

The 35-105 is a very good walk about lens,which can cover a lot of changing opportunities as shown with this photograph, the skyline details is very good even the crane is picked out well,but,I must say that is one hell of an evil sky you found yourself under and I hope you had Pauline with you to look after you. :D

The 35-105 is a very good walk about lens,which can cover a lot of changing opportunities as shown with this photograph, the skyline details is very good even the crane is picked out well,but,I must say that is one hell of an evil sky you found yourself under and I hope you had Pauline with you to look after you. :D

:LOL: she needed me to look after her i think:p

Tbh it amounted to nothing, skies like that are quite frequent in the winter months down here with the remnants of storms going on in the nearby mountains.

This particular shot was taken in Menton which is on the Italian border.....quite a large place with a beautiful old town, large beach, yachts berthed in port, easily accessible by train and imo possibly a nice location for a day out shooting when you're here if you fancied.

Wether a sunset like this would be on the cards is anybodies guess although it does offer good opportunies.

I used to stay in Menton every year for work in the late 90s it's a cracking little seaside town with some nice bars and restaurants. Would love to go back and revisit some of the old haunts.

Snowdon Range, OOD Fuji 400x and CC Imaging Low Res scans

Someone, @joxby, I think posted a link to the offer CC Imaging have for 5 packs of OOD Fuji 400x with a dev, scan and print deal all in. I took a punt and here are a couple from my first roll back. I will rescan at some point but I am impressed with the CC Imaging service, scan and print!

1. Snowdon Range on a dull day- Zenza Bronica ETRS, Zenzanon 75mm, Cokin Grey Grad
11584777295_6cbe1f0926_b.jpg

2. Snowdon Range on a dull day- Zenza Bronica ETRS, Zenzanon 50mm, Cokin Grey Grad
11585099334_05f4af31fa_b.jpg

Last edited:
@ Jao Everything about that first shot is just superb, the light, the colours, the reflection , the dof, the composition.......luv it! :clap:

Snowdon Range, OOD Fuji 400x and CC Imaging Low Res scans

Someone, @joxby, I think posted a link to the offer CC Imaging have for 5 packs of OOD Fuji 400x with a dev, scan and print deal all in. I took a punt and here are a couple from my first roll back. I will rescan at some point but I am impressed with the CC Imaging ervice, scan and print!

1. Snowdon Range on a dull day- Zenza Bronica ETRS, Zenzanon 75mm, Cokin Grey Grad
11584777295_6cbe1f0926_b.jpg

2. Snowdon Range on a dull day- Zenza Bronica ETRS, Zenzanon 50mm, Cokin Grey Grad
11585099334_05f4af31fa_b.jpg

Adrian your first image is very good..... the colours and composition are great.... I like it a lot!.

@ Jao Everything about that first shot is just superb, the light, the colours, the reflection , the dof, the composition.......luv it! :clap:
Thanks Asha for the kind comments, it is a very beautiful spot even when the weather is less than co-operative.

Adrian your first image is very good..... the colours and composition are great.... I like it a lot!.
Thanks Lee

As above, that fist image is a beauty. It has everything that I like to see, great light and a very nice composition with the clouds framing it nicely.

Thanks nguss

From a recent trip with my mate.

Voigtlander Bessa R
Jupiter 8 50mm f2.0

Kodak Tmax 100
That is a beautiful monochrome image, photographer caught between a barren land and angry sky, lovely. The Jupiter lens is clearly a good performer on the Bessa.

:agree:

Last edited:
Some unbelievably gorgeous shots these last few days.. well done folks!

Wow didn't that work well! Nicest HP5 rendering I've seen for a long while... and the pic ain't half bad, either!

Thanks, some of the others on the roll didn't come out nearly so well. Particularly where I had to under expose slightly to get handhold able shutter speeds indoors like the example below.

What are peoples recommendations for fastish b and w film for indoor use?

63770036.jpg by biotecbob, on Flickr

I seem to remember that pushing Tri-X to around 1600 got a good few votes!

After a bit of a disaster trying to get the film onto the spool (always make sure its bone dry!) I did manage to get some usable images although they do seem to have a bit of uneven development.

Mamiya 1000s on Agfapan Apx 25 (expired may 1979)

After a bit of a disaster trying to get the film onto the spool (always make sure its bone dry!) I did manage to get some usable images although they do seem to have a bit of uneven development.

Nice shot. I must remember to point people in this direction the next time someone asks if its ok to use film after its expiry date.

Slowly working my way through my Orwo collection. This is on Orwo NP7 expired in 1988, taken with the Vivitar V3800n.

Last edited:
From my 2nd roll of Tmax 400 on my new ETRSI...

xsw92gO.jpg

Henry I like this ne much better than the second one... nice tones, but there's an annoying halo round the top of the building, and you could maybe lose that object in the sky at the right? But the pic overall works very well!

Slowly working my way through my Orwo collection. This is on Orwo NP7 expired in 1988, taken with the Vivitar V3800n.

Really like this monochrome work on what is seriously out of date emulsion. The sky in the first is quite excellent, with bags of detail in the foreground. Given the age of the film it has come out well in my view.

The Orwo used for the second image is much grainier, although it suits the industrial feel of the the subject. As I recall Orwo was a pretty cheap film back in the day and made in East Germany in former Agfa Factory, I think Orwo was short for 'Original Wolfen', Wolfen being the name of the original Agfa pre war factory.

A neat link between your two images!

Been a while, busy organising move from HK back to Europe! Anyway, here's a snap from a hike the other day, made me smile! Tudorcolor XLX200

monkey.jpg

1) Christmas morning with an OM10/50mm 1.4 on Kodak BW400CN. Jake stayed like this for about 2 hours on his new Lego Avengers game :0)

OM10 - 50/1.4 - BW400CN
by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

2) Ho Ho Ho (same kit as above)

OM10 - 50/1.4 - BW400CN

3) F1 Comes to town. I work for Unilever and they sponsor the Lotus Renault F1 team (Clear) so they brought one of their cars up to visit. OM10/50mm 1.4 with Fuji C200 converted to B&W because the colours are horrible!

OM10 - 50/1.4 - Fuji C200

4) Swirly Landscape. Again, OM10/50mm 1.4 on Fuji C200 (at F1.4 by the looks of the swirly bokeh!) and again converted to B&W.

OM10 - 50/1.4 - Fuji C200

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Like the F1 Lotus Steve, good job with the conversion too, nice tonal range.

Thanks :0) I was surprised how well the C200 converted actually because the colours/white balance were all over the place. Might be my new cheap B&W film!

Yes, Vista converts very well, too.

Happy New Year!

Haven't looked in this thread for ages because I've not taken any photographs for months and didn't want to depress myself! Anyway, wow! The standard here is great as always. I love this thread, the variety is fantastic! Also, I finally have some photographs to share! Taken in a dark pub with my mates over Christmas. I am SO out of practice, manual focus+beer+dark pub = never going to be great but I do like them. As a group we don't really get together that often due to people living all over the country/continent! These were taken on HP5 at 1600 with my x300:

pub
by rednorters, on Flickr

pub
by rednorters, on Flickr

pub
by rednorters, on Flickr

And my favourite (I just wish it was in bloody focus!):

pub
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking as always and happy new year :)

Nick good to hear from you and a happy new year too. Your HP5 shots have worked well at 1600 ISO, as you say dark pubs are no easy place for film and I have to confess such settings being one of the rare occasions I resort to using the 'devils electric camera'. You have shown mw the error of my ways with these! Whilst they might not be as sharply focused as you would have liked you have in my view captured the atmosphere of the gathering and the mood of your companions.

Hope to see more work from your Minolta in 2014.

Out recently with the Wick Camera Club to Dunbeath Strath in Caithness. Please give me you thoughts, taken on Kentmere 400 with a Yashica minster 111 rangefinder and film developed in XTOL at 1:1 then scanned and processed with PSE 11

View attachment 3320 View attachment 3321

Back