Show us yer film shots then!

Yea...... Not quite sure how to do this. I just clicked upload a file. How do I do it differently. Excuse my Newbie errors!

No worries, Tim. I put my pics on Photobucket; when I click on the pic there are options to "Get Links". The last of 4 options there is headed "IMG codes (for forums and boards)". If I click on that, it copies itself into my paste buffer, then I go back to my post, and hit ctrl/v to paste the whole code in the post! But I've not tried just uploading a pic to the post like that.

When a snap (not taken by an iphone :D ) can be interesting:-

Ok If I posted just this snap you would all think " h'mm so whats great about it, I've seen better looking houses and so on" but post the second\third shot and the first snap (shot) has some meaning\interest.

Last edited:
Ah, I like that Brian, is it still a pub?

Those are excellent RJ but the first one looks almost like a tilt shift shot...brilliant.

Ah, I like that Brian, is it still a pub?

Not any more Andy, but when I first moved into the road I always thought it was a stage coach pull in and eventually asked around (and eventually the owner of the house in the shot) and he showed me the old photographs...and also in the carvery up the road is a framed print on the wall...... I often joke with my wife in saying "Romans probably marched past our house" as I'm convinced where I live is the original A40 which the Romans might have built.

Ok, so here are a few shots from my first slide film in a loooooong time. Nothing too interesting im afraid, more of an experiment/test. Taken on an Olympus OM-10 with a mixture of lenses (28mm, 50mm and 135mm) with Agfa Precisa 100. Dev and scan by Peak.

It appears there was a bit of an issue with the film winding on, and as a result i lost a few frames due to double exposure.

12069422234_5edf1c577c_z.jpg

12069302613_1265691292_z.jpg

12069422104_b72204271d_z.jpg

12069641826_ec413c29c0_z.jpg

12069421754_e423f64c33_z.jpg

Ok, so here are a few shots from my first slide film in a loooooong time. Nothing too interesting im afraid, more of an experiment/test. Taken on an Olympus OM-10 with a mixture of lenses (28mm, 50mm and 135mm) with Agfa Precisa 100. Dev and scan by Peak.

It appears there was a bit of an issue with the film winding on, and as a result i lost a few frames due to double exposure.

Nice set, but I really like the colours and composition of number 2.

Interesting set Nick.... I especially like the second and fourth one.

Number 2 for me as well, very nice, a good set all round, nice colours.

Andy

Not sure if I am getting this right or not. I am new to this forum. I don't see any preview button so here goes.

After the Christmas ice storm

We had an ice storm that lasted two days 12/23/13 and 12/24/13. We lost our power for 5 days and it was well below zero F at night like -22 F two nights and - 8 or -9 F during the day time. About 3 feet of snow on the ground. A real pain to walk on. You take a step then go through, another step and break through again, over and over unless you are where its plowed. Luckily we have a backup generator. I believe our neighbors in Canada had the same conditions.

Some shots with my canon Elan IIE I believe it is the EOS 50 across the pond / Ultramax 400. It was cold and miserable when I took these.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Pete and Ron, I think you will both fit in well here, lovely introduction shots, one set in the heat and one in the cold.

Andy

^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Peter,Lovely natural street work.

Ronald,To me it does look cold,but,your shots do not make it look miserable,just beautiful.

Thanks for the 'welcome'-- RON from Maine USA -- seen those photos on another site ( ? Flickr)
Andysnap : sure it was you that mentioned this site and I found it !

Yep, it was me alright. EPZ is a good site but the film section is nothing like as busy and fun as in here. We have a core of about 30 regulars and probably the same occasional visitors of all ages and abilities and new posts are going up all the time. I'm sure you will find plenty to keep you interested Pete. Oh, and the rest of the site is ok as well, but don't tell them I said that they get big-headed. :D

Well, Ron and Pete, good to see you, and some very nice intro images there! Ron, you might just possibly find it difficult to get to our film meets (!), but don't let that bother you. We have a frequent contributor from the south of France, and occasional contributors from South Africe and Australia. I really like your shots; a reminder of just how lucky we are with the climate, even much further north than you, we rarely see weather like that.

Pete, clearly another Pentax user, good to see you here. Some of these guys drone on about Nikons all the time! ;) Those MX-5 shots came out really well. I've resisted AF Pentaxes so far, maybe hoping that a MZ-S will fall into my lap one day.

Anyway, welcome both...

Thanks everyone for the nice warm welcome. I think I am going to enjoy it here.

Pete I have enjoyed your work also. It was MFL.

Ron

Last edited:
Thanks Lee.

This one should have been my entry into the selfies thread. I was sitting in a coffee house in Vienna and looked up to see a large shiny ball - exactly the sort of shot I had been looking for.....! Sadly not in time.

Mark

That is a really neat shot. The ball kind of gives it a fisheye lens look.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Coincidentally I had a hankering for a fisheye recently but didn’t want to purchase one - partly the disproportionate cost and partly a fear or over using it to justify the disproportionate cost – but I couldn’t hire one anywhere either. Who knew a chrome ball in a coffee house would satisfy that itch?

Mark

Thanks Lee.

This one should have been my entry into the selfies thread. I was sitting in a coffee house in Vienna and looked up to see a large shiny ball - exactly the sort of shot I had been looking for.....! Sadly not in time.

Mark

Haha, love that!

This is another shot from the Bessa of the Cardiff Bay Barrage at Penarth...
Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4, HP5+ developed in Rodinal (6 mins @ 20C)

Watch Tower (2)
by Cariadus, on Flickr

And a pic of my Hassy on the beach taken with the Bessa:

Hassy on the beach
by Cariadus, on Flickr

And finally one from the Hassy on the beach (but not the same beach)
Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Fuji Acros 100 developed in Rodinal:

Bristol Channel Sky
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Oh my word...super set Roger and the last one is absolutely stunning.

Some recent shots with the F3 on Ektar 100

Ektar 100 is one of my favorite films. Your shots show why. The F3 did its job well. What was the lens? I like these a lot.

Ron

Last edited:
Very nice Scott, lovely deep greens, just as you would expect from Ektar. I may load up a roll in the F100 this weekend if the weather improves.

Haha, love that!

This is another shot from the Bessa of the Cardiff Bay Barrage at Penarth...
Bessa R3A, Nokton 40mm f1.4, HP5+ developed in Rodinal (6 mins @ 20C)

Watch Tower (2)
by Cariadus, on Flickr

And a pic of my Hassy on the beach taken with the Bessa:

Hassy on the beach
by Cariadus, on Flickr

And finally one from the Hassy on the beach (but not the same beach)
Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Fuji Acros 100 developed in Rodinal:

Bristol Channel Sky
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Brilliant last shot,fabulous tones,great long distance foreground joining a fantastic sky, someone may give you thirds of this and thirds of that,but not me. Sensational photograph.

Back