Show us yer film shots then!

Today I blasted a roll of TMax through a newly acquired Zeiss Super Ikonta C.

Those 6x9 negs. are a joy to behold. Just need to take some decent photos to do them justice.

There is a light leak from the hinge side of the back door that I've cropped out, but it's nothing a bit of electrical tape won't sort out.

img248_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img244_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img242_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

img241_1
by simon ess, on Flickr

Still getting to grips with developing my own film.....

And a bit of a rarity to get a photo of my youngest son...
Taken with the Nikon F4 and 50mm F1.8 lens, using TMax 100
Developed in Rodinal at 1:50 for 12 min

11926945503_cb4461ab08_b.jpg

Oh my those eyes!... gorgeous Lee!

Lee that is superb, great study, lovely exposure, DoF and expression in the subjects face, cracking shot all round
Apologies in advance if folks are getting tired of my shots from Asia, but here are a few more from Hong Kong with my Bronica:

RJ, I really don't tire of you shots so as others have said keep them coming, you really do get a very nice colour palette out of that emulsion, augmented by your very engaging composition.
Lee, that's a corker of a portrait.

RJ, we never get bored of good shots wherever they are taken, so keep on uploading.

And another from the Mamiya on Portra 400

Dunstanburgh5
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy, a very nice and colourful square!

The Knap Beach, Barry, last week
Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm
Velvia 50 developed in Tetenal 3 bath E6 kit

The Knap, Barry (colour version)
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Roger, a fantastically dark and apocalyptic image, superb!

This thread has really got of to a spectacular start in 2014 and we are note even half way through January!

This is great. I like the lighting and catchlight in the eyes and the eyes are perfectly sharp. Great portrait of your son Well done.

Lee, they've come out very nicely indeed. Alathough the second doesn't work quite so well, there's nice use of focus and depth of field in the first one. Camera, lens, film???

One from a local beach last week. Thought I'd wasted my time struggling down the beach - it's full of large craters and soft sand since the recent storms - and then suddenly a red glow started appearing in the sky.

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Velvia 50 processed in Tetenal E6 kit.

Last edited:
One from a local beach last week. Thought I'd wasted my time struggling down the beach - it's full of large craters and soft sand since the recent storms - and then suddenly a red glow started appearing in the sky.

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

That's rather nice that is! Love to see velvia sing like it does :)

Superb shot Roger, love the velvety, oily reflections on the sand. Lovely.

Scott, liking those as well. Starting to think that Portra 400 is a really nice film.

Thanks!

Wow, those are amazing, especially the first shot. Is that the Meridian Tower in Swansea? I haven't been brave enough to try night shots with my Hasselblad yet.

Yes it certainly is! I did go to Port Talbot first but got moved on by security!!

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Lovely!

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Well worth the effort. It's a beautiful picture.

Llantwit Major
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Lovely shot Roger
Good to see to on here.

Lee, they've come out very nicely indeed. Alathough the second doesn't work quite so well, there's nice use of focus and depth of field in the first one. Camera, lens, film???

Thanks Chris. Yashica FX-3 that used to be my stepdad's & a £3.40 50/2 ML from Ebay :) Not overly happy with the results but it makes a nice change. Thinking of getting a Canon EOS SLR so I can use my EF lenses with it. The film was Superia 200.

More Far East loveliness RJ, top shots mate.

Lee, I've had a couple of Yash 35mm cameras and I really liked them and the lenses were always pretty good as well, especially the Contax ones, really sharp. Your shots are excellent really lovely colours and pin sharp.

Andy

I went to the Lakes last saturday and because I was with the current Mrs Snap I just took my... ahem!... digital camera. A shame really as even though I got some really good shots (1 of which is currently being printed 30 x 18) I wish I'd had my Mamiya with me, the light was stunning and a bit of Ektar would have worked perfectly.

Thanks for reminding me Osh, another beautiful, rich shot mate.

Andy

Oh and if anyone would care to look here are the digital shots.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/some-views-from-latrigg-lake-district.525390/

Reactions: osh
Back