Show us yer film shots then!

Some from me. The first two are hand printed and then scanned. The next two are scanned from the neg.

1)
3958552897_39de1f0039_o.jpg

2)
3959327086_dc1358b9e9_o.jpg

3)
3959326764_2ebdd0d7bb_o.jpg

4)
3958551895_cf24dce3e3_o.jpg

BSA A10 (I think)...

Splitting Hares...

Lucky Hare's Foot ?...

All taken a week or so ago, Ilford FP4+ 35mm @ ISO125, Ilford ID11 3+1 and scanned on a Canoscan 8800F. Still waiting for the Prepaid Fuji Slide film to come back from the labs - anyone know how long they usually take?

(Yes, I KNOW I should just have sent it to a normal E6 Lab:bonk::bonk::bonk:)

Last edited:
thebigyin, how do you find the canoscan 8800f?

i have the 5600f but needing something that scans medium format.

I snapped my FD 50mm f1.8 in half today heres the last image it took, an excuse to upgrade to the f1.4 I think...

3832967103_a6801b0a03_o.jpg

Canon AE-1 / 50mm / Provia 100

thebigyin, how do you find the canoscan 8800f?

i have the 5600f but needing something that scans medium format.

I'm pretty happy with it, though i'm still at the head-scratching stage with the Silverfast software to be honest. I've only had it maybe 3 weeks or so, and i'm happy with pretty much all the stuff I've put through it, ranging from 50+ yr old BnW 120 format negs to fresh from the minilab 35mm and 120 format colour negs and slides.

Some from me.

3. looks ridiculously familiar, I can't quite sort it out, is it scanned backwards ?

4. :thinking:....was I there on Saturday, did I crap myself because there wasn't a living soul or vehicle up there and get paranoid about nut jobs finding me up there and getting mugged for my camera......:LOL:, right flippin eery it was.

Ha !....sussed 3 out, I knew I'd seen those windows...
some building work going on around your view point, mine are from the rooftops around Greek street..
The b/w is my first m/f shot ever, the colour is 2 years later.

1q0ndk.jpg

wlx300.jpg

Last edited:
First foray into film for a good few years...

I used a Kodak Retinette 1A from about 1952 I think, put some Fuji Velvia 100 slide film though it. No PP at all done on these, I got a cd with my slides and this is straight from that. Images should be clickable for bigness.

1. Flowers - my favourite of the bunch.

2. Cottage (A bit blown and a bit wonky!)

3. Statue

A few didn't come out very well but overall I learnt a lot, had great fun, and have just bought some more film (colour neg this time). Might have to try out one of the other old cameras next, I've a few floating about.

Some more from my Trip, taken on out of date Ilford 400 & processed by digitalab.co.uk

43630008.jpg

43630011.jpg

43630014.jpg

43630019.jpg

43630027.jpg

43630029.jpg

Some from me.

3. looks ridiculously familiar, I can't quite sort it out, is it scanned backwards ?

4. :thinking:....was I there on Saturday, did I crap myself because there wasn't a living soul or vehicle up there and get paranoid about nut jobs finding me up there and getting mugged for my camera......:LOL:, right flippin eery it was.

Ha !....sussed 3 out, I knew I'd seen those windows...
some building work going on around your view point, mine are from the rooftops around Greek street..

No mate, tis the right way round, it is from the car park above the shopping precinct. I had a laugh up there as there was a car backed up above where albion street / place is, with the back doors open, but no sign of life. So I needed a shot from that side, as I got next to the car I realised all the movement was horizontal shall we say. But wanting my shot, I stood right next to the car rattled of a couple of frames then walked round the front of the car stood the other side and rattles a few more shots off and just calmly walks away, peeing my self laughing at the same time.

A few from my hols in Spain in May....

...Nikon F75, 50mm f1.8 and plenty of Fuji Sensia 100...

Early morning from the balcony

spain001.jpg

Colourful display at Guadalest

spain025.jpg

Guadalest street

spain026.jpg

My little 'un contemplating his next move

spain038.jpg

Moody foyer

spain042.jpg

No mate, tis the right way round, it is from the car park above the shopping precinct. I had a laugh up there as there was a car backed up above where albion street / place is, with the back doors open, but no sign of life. So I needed a shot from that side, as I got next to the car I realised all the movement was horizontal shall we say. But wanting my shot, I stood right next to the car rattled of a couple of frames then walked round the front of the car stood the other side and rattles a few more shots off and just calmly walks away, peeing my self laughing at the same time.

if theres no pictures it didnt happen :LOL:

anyway just wanted to say love this thread ,,,love the pictures,,keep it going gents ( and everyone else )

okay then , i'll post a couple

this is bargeman ,taken in sittingbourne town centre ,barges were used to transport bricks and paper ( both made locally ) so they had this statue of bargeman and his dog made and erected ,lest we forget

ilford hp5plus ,with the very much slagged off nikon series e 35 mm lens

Couple from yesterday.............very Stargate..........lol

Click for larger image

Last edited:
Ekimeno.............coming from you mate it means a lot...........your street stuff ranks very highly with me............

This is singly the best explore I have done...............and I have done a few.........Pyestock is an epic monster of a place

Check my flickr for more

Last edited:
Couple from yesterday.............very Stargate..........lol

Click for larger image

Was about to say they could only be from NGT @ Pyestock, until I read your next comment confirmig it.

The second image does look like a still from a movie.

That is one amazing place!!!!

I can't remember the last time I put a film in for processing but thanks to the cheery folk at Snappy Snaps Soho I now have the first results from the Canonet QL19 I got through here a few weeks ago ...

Here's the one I've put on flickr ... others to follow when horizons etc have been sorted ...

Tri-X, shutter priority, no post-processing ...

3995556908_dca8cc0cb2.jpg

Nice shot Gingerjon-it's got a timeless feel to it, and of particular interest to me (assuming that it's shot in Chesham) as I went to Chesham High School many moons ago, but haven't been back to the town in over 20 years.

Nice shot Gingerjon-it's got a timeless feel to it, and of particular interest to me (assuming that it's shot in Chesham) as I went to Chesham High School many moons ago, but haven't been back to the town in over 20 years.

It's Chesham all right. I've been here three years. If I don't get out soon I think I'll never leave :eek:

The late Constance Cooper, at the wheel of her 20/25 Rolls, in which she drove my sister to her wedding. Her husband, John, was one of the founder members of the SAS during the war, when Con was a chauffeur in the ATS ferrying top brass all over the country, or despatch riding her BSA motorcycle. At the weekends she would return home to the family pub in rural Essex, which her mother ran with military precision for over 50 years, and to which people would travel from all over the world to enjoy their unique brand of hospitality.

B10082.jpg

At her funeral her family, including her brother Joe, drew her in a carriage through the village and up the steep slope to the church door. The entire village followed in procession, and the euology was given by an ex-head of The SAS Regiment.

Nikon F3/Nikkor 24-120 on 400 ASA XP2 processed as colour film at the local camera shop.

Last edited:
Herschel Frost, East London Jewish to his boot straps, and a regular at a bar my family ran in Wanstead 25 years ago. He wore his not inconsiderable wealth lightly, had a handshake of iron, and told the most outrageous Jewish jokes as only a Jew can. He would have us all crying with laughter. He had an immaculate Ford Model T in which he would occasionally arrive, and was a fount of invariably humorous wisdom on all matters.

A1101003E-3.jpg

Taken on HP5 with a Pentax or Olympus 35mm in about 1982. I discovered the negative the other day. It had had no protection, and was nearly ruined. There's no small amount of PS in there, and its far from perfect, but I had to try, just for the wonderful memories.

Last edited:
I posted a few Black and Whites a while ago on here. The same day I also ran a roll of Sensia 200 through the camera. Here's a couple from that roll...

1) The Back Gate

2) Splitting Hares

3) Down by the Lake

4) Bretton Hall

(the joys of a polarising filter and tranny stock :LOL:)

5) Bretton Hall (again)

Heres a few from borough market. Its not super sharp but I think its because I was using the cheap fomapan film

I dunno, Fomapan is quite nice film, I wouldn't have thought it was particularly soft, maybe its something else..?

Some more from the Diwali celebrations at Trafalgar square

horizontal lines caused by sqeeze-ge damage :(

Nice pictures, what camera are you using ?

here's some from my trip 35 and kodachrome but i was bad and converted it to b&w....

You were bad...:LOL:, I've done it myself though, and I felt like I wasted a colour frame...:(
That last one is great btw..
Waiting for Ryan...
I almost always prefer B&W with film, but I'm not sure here. Any preferences?

I dunno, the b/w looks better, but only because the colour one isn't right, I dunno how much of a good fix that is.
Trouble is, you don't always have the correct film loaded, things don't always come out right and a b/w save of a photograph you care about or means something y'know, is miles better than no pic at all.
I think the b/w looks better because of the colour issues in the first one, and grain always sits nicer in b/w. :)

Back