Show us yer film shots then!

:agree: with KJE that is a lovely image JD... (y) ...and it sounds like you had great fun getting to it... :D

Although I really couldn't be bothered to go back to all the self help stuff again and just send my fillums off to Peak to do all the dirty work... :shrug:

That is good work for such an early attempt and bodes well for you... ;)

:p

Excellent.... More ploughing pictures. I will add a few more of mine:
Steve.

Nice shots there Steve, I have a few more which I need to finish processing and will post over the weekend hopefully.

JDHolic first film? (y) well done nice shot.

Wells Cathederal is a good set of images there KJ

Sidxms again cracking set of pictures

I need to sort out a cheap scanner of sorts, this was an a4 page over a piece of glass with a bulb behind it. Not ideal.

Nice shot, though this was taken with a D90 :bat:

Just kidding :naughty: I imagine it would look even better scanned with a flatbed film scanner... Or save up your best negs and send them for drum scanning :cool:

I like this shot very much, the composition is great the way you are lead down the path to the gate. Well done. ;)

JDholic - the avenue of trees. Thats a beautiful picture, full of all the wonderful tonal subtleties that I just don't believe you can get on digital conversions. I love the blur on the leaves in the immediate right and top foreground.

:agree: with KJE that is a lovely image JD... (y) ...and it sounds like you had great fun getting to it... :D

Although I really couldn't be bothered to go back to all the self help stuff again and just send my fillums off to Peak to do all the dirty work... :shrug:

That is good work for such an early attempt and bodes well for you... ;)

JDHolic first film? (y) well done nice shot.

Thanks very much folks, I can see this becoming quite an addiction. The "will it be ok" "is it going to be exposed correctly" is fantastic, I love it!! :love: And HP5 is quite nice as well!! :D

Nice shot, though this was taken with a D90 :bat:

Just kidding :naughty: I imagine it would look even better scanned with a flatbed film scanner... Or save up your best negs and send them for drum scanning :cool:

Would love one, but will have to make do with a calligraphy type lighbox arrangement. ;)

You've planted the seed now though, I may end up going to look for one today!!

Here are a couple from one of my favourite locations, Newtown Harbour:

boat_and_shed.jpg

boatshed.jpg

Using a 1959 Kodak Retina Reflex III and Schneider 50mm f1.9 lens on Kodak Gold 200 film.

Steve.

One more from the Canonet/Tri-X combo ... and what this roll of film has taught me is that after a few beers you might think you're holding steady but the camera doesn't agree ... more to follow later ...

Trafalgar Square, yesterday

4016852068_dcb5d4eae1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More tri-x 400

Ish gods, I thought that was Samuel L at first glance...:LOL:

Shame about the blowout, he has a great expression..

*edit* wait....and the other one is....err....Snoop !.....:thinking:

Last edited:
Another very fine compilation Javier... (y) ...I am keeping tabs on your blog too as I am fascinated by your stories and the fantastic interaction you enjoy with some of your subjects and friends... :clap:

AND... :thinking: ...dammit I really envy you that glorious climate... :D

:p

Have I mentioned the sheer unbridled pleasure that the TriX/Canonet combo is giving me?

I think I'll mention it again ... I haven't enjoyed taking pics this much in ages!

(We'll leave the actual quality to one side for now)

Anyway ...

Chinatown after dark
4023085682_6cde28dc84.jpg

Large here

Policeman at Baker Street (got a bit of abuse for taking this one)
4018096549_a58b15565b.jpg

Large here

My first post in this section!! My second ever film, first time with HP5, and first time developing it myself. (with lots of help)

Shot on HP5+ and Nikon FM with 50mm 1.8 D lens.

DSC_9871-2.jpg

I need to sort out a cheap scanner of sorts, this was an a4 page over a piece of glass with a bulb behind it. Not ideal.

Nice Jonny. I can see I'm gonna have to break out my film cameras now (Yashica Electro, Olympus trip! and a minty Pracktica MTL3). I think my dad's still got my old developing tank etc up in his loft - let's see how good my memory is for developing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like those. A situation where i'd immediately have thought would suit B&W more but the colour works well.

A few from last Sunday - took the camera for a wander down by local Canal

Canalside Moorings

Winding Gear

Bridge

Hi all. Not long registered, so I thought I'd share some of my 35mms with you. Any C&Cs welcomed, I'm not that experienced at shooting film, or digital for that matter, just like photography, colour and composition.

All have been taken with a '61 Pentax S3 with 55mm lens and Hoya polarising filter on Fuji Superia 200 film. Developed and processed by Jessops. I would have some more but they forgot my second CD. I know there are some corkers on there so will post back later! With the exception of the cross-processed profile, all were taken in Tuscany '08 and Sardinia this year.

My Flickr stream is here, and some of my personal faves:

4033869399_b4ba8b33bd.jpg

4033871575_9a3ce7b996.jpg

4033872329_2214a2970d.jpg

4033873243_5d9c1000fa.jpg

4033874597_2565d02620.jpg

4034630254_23d74e7fe9.jpg

Printed my first film on my own yesterday! Its easy once you get to grips with it :)
Here are 3 I scanned in..

My first film to go through my new om10 also!
4033922407_2a0456782c.jpg

4033922409_696048b8d6.jpg

4033922411_8e06d422cd.jpg

I hope to post up more :)

Please do - I like those a lot!

I like them too but I think the they need a little more contrast particularly the middle shot, think they'll have a bit more punch with a deeper black

Some nice ones there ryank, though I do think chivers67 has a point, just a tweak to bump the contrast up a little and they are right there.

BigYin Loves bikes as well - MTB or Off-Dirt :)
not all shot on film though! :shrug:

Nice collection of bikes there - all yours? I've owned a 1987 Battaglin - the same make as the one Roche won the '87 Tour on... but alas the frame was a size too big for me. Shame as it had some pretty good campag parts - invested in carbon instead... yes, I'm a roadie :cool:

Made a quick set of the Battaglin photos I managed to dig up

Last edited:
Yep - they're all mine - though the red Kendell is on long term loan with a mate at the moment. It's only a subset of the one's i've owned though - there's an awful lot of ones that never got their portrait done...

Such as...
Woodrup 531 (sold)
Bob Jackson customs - 531sl (sold), 653 (bent & w/off) , 753 Time Trial (in loft)
Harry Quinn custom 753 (stolen)
Raleigh Special Products Div. 653 (sold)
Raleigh Special Products Div. 753 (first generation dynatech - as supplied to castorama, the year Lemond beat Fignon!) (snapped 3 of the frames at the lugs!)

Dawes Super Galaxy Tourer (in bits in the loft at the moment!)

Allan Aluminium cyclo-x special (snapped)
Kona Jake the Snake cyclo-x (must rebuild this for winter hack!)

then a couple of MTB's

Raleigh Dynatech Ti (snapped)
Original Pace RC100 (stolen)

After a rather nasty prang on the bike and a 7 year layoff while I regained my bottle, i'm now resoloutely non-competitive, and I've got a heavy, solid and unburstable MTB - the red Inbred - and a nice solidly built roadbike - the Planet-X Team Alu with Ultegra bits.

The Battaglin looks lovely - there's something about the old-school skinny tube's for me - probably because that's what I grew up with :LOL: I've had the Planet-X for over a Year now, and I still haven't really got used to it's looks. It sure is faster and lighter than the old ones though, just wish I was fit enough to do it justice!

I know what you mean about regaining bottle - I was hit pretty hard by a car about 15-years ago and it took a while to get the courage to get back on the bike.

I raced on and off for a number of years, but have taken a bit of a break from training and racing for about 2 years now (except the everyday commuting). Photography has intruded quite a bit :)

I think I may start a new bike build with another steel frame fairly soon (something Italian of course) and start riding with my club again - long winter miles in the right company and the right bike just can't be beaten (y)

Back