Show us yer film shots then!

Really nice skysh4rk.

One from a recent project which I've made into a book.

002_2_800.jpg

Lovely shot - the book looks absolutely gorgeous too!

The first has some lovely colours and I really like the art instalation silhouette. Fantastic alien sky!

The first has some lovely colours and I really like the art instalation silhouette. Fantastic alien sky!

Thanks, Steve! I thought for sure that the wind was going to ruin the second shot for me (I couldn't even stand still it was so strong), but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it came out nice and sharp with some lovely colours in the sky. The actual slides themselves look amazing; I'll need to shoot some more Provia.

Blimey Richard.....do you mean you just went and bought one this morning?

I am going to have to stop looking back at the pictures from the Fuji.... I know I didn't connect with it but it does take stunning images and I don't think I gave it a chance...Maybe later in the year I shall pick up another one perhaps a MkII.

Garibaldi-Range
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Last edited:
i once had a fuji sixnine, it was a great thing but even with discounted processing i found it extremely heavy on film. I sold it for more than i bought it for after a few years. It's a camera i'd like to own again one day.

It can get a bit pricey but it would be a camera that gets used for special occasions like trips to Scotland or Canada (see above) and not taken out on every trip.

Andy

One from last Saturday when me and young Snap Jnr went to try and get some shots for his A level togging. He was on the digi so I thought I would shoot the free roll of ISO400 b&w that I was given at WY Cameras. There were many problems with this film which I shall share later but there were a couple of shots I liked. Here's one of them. F100/24-85mm/Unknown b&w film.

Line-Out-1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

One from last Saturday when me and young Snap Jnr went to try and get some shots for his A level togging. He was on the digi so I thought I would shoot the free roll of ISO400 b&w that I was given at WY Cameras. There were many problems with this film which I shall share later but there were a couple of shots I liked. Here's one of them. F100/24-85mm/Unknown b&w film.

Line-Out-1 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Pfft someone in the North West going to a Rugby Union match. Disgraceful ;)

I'd be interested to know what issues you had with the film if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Not sure if it is a problem with the film or the development or the ham fisted loading. I'll pop an example up later.

Tbh I really don't like RL, I'm a union man, always have been.:D

Lomo LC-A+, Long expired Svema foto 100

Old Garage

Tractor

Backstreet

Scott, really like all of those, lovely sharp monochromes that to me show beauty in the mundane. The glass on the little Lomo looks to be very nice indeed.

Testing out my newly acquired 50mm Summicron with some Agfa Vista (haha), my local lab had a jam in their machine and my roll was left in the developer too long - so it was essentially pushed by god knows how long. Anyway, I didn't have to pay for it and I got some lab scans thrown in as well:

yCQgRZt.jpg

dwqMeu8.jpg

aNCi3pb.jpg

I don't know if the colours are from the cheap film or the messed up dev!

I also just got 12 rolls back from Peak Imaging, will post a thread up when I'm done scanning those.

Here's the straight off the scanner shot.

Line-Out-1-original by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Quite a lot of the negs are like this, an ideas?

Andy
Andy that looks strange and isn't something that is easily explained if it is on all the negs. I have had horizontal lines as a result of the spiral, but a vertical line is less easy to account for?? If you use Lightroom a gradient Filter from the left might be able to correct it a little, just a thought.

Its on some of the negs but not all and I'm fairly sure its not a light leak as this is the 3rd film I've shot on the F100 in the past 2/3 weeks and none of the others have anything like this. I sent them off to Peak with 2 other films and they are fine, but they are colour so that may not be of any import. I'm thinking you may be right about a kink Rob, it is a very curly film and now I've looked at the negs in their sleeve the marks line up going down the rows in 2 places.

I made a deliberate decision to shoot mostly black and white in Tenerife, but I really do wish I'd shot more than just one roll of Portra 400VC while I was there, as I'm seriously digging the colours! I'm going to have to scour eBay for some more now...

Last edited:
I made a deliberate decision to shoot mostly black and white in Tenerife, but I really do wish I'd shot more than just one roll of Portra 400VC while I was there, as I'm seriously digging the colours! I'm going to have to scour eBay for some more now...

Lovely as always, RJ.

Are you manually inputting all your exif data from a shot log, btw?

Lovely as always, RJ.

Are you manually inputting all your exif data from a shot log, btw?

Thanks!

Fortunately, I am not manually embedding the exif data into every photograph. I use an iPhone app called PhotoExif to log my shooting data and then automatically apply the data to the photos once they're on the computer using PhotoExif's companion desktop app.

Thanks!

Fortunately, I am not manually embedding the exif data into every photograph. I use an iPhone app called PhotoExif to log my shooting data and then automatically apply the data to the photos once they're on the computer using PhotoExif's companion desktop app.

Clever! Thanks, I'll have a look at that. (SQ-A+80mm bought off eBay yesterday, by the way. Can't wait for it to arrive now)

Edit: For us Android users, it looks like Exif4Film does the same thing

Last edited:
A couple of shots from the Zorki 4K I bought a while back... happy that it seems to work, but I'm not that pleased with all the faffing about you have to do (plus the lack of a meter) so I've put it up for sale in the classifieds :p

bench.jpg

chickens.jpg

I preferred the chickens in b/w!

Back