Show us yer film shots then!

Fuji 400 xtra
canonae-128mmxtra400protest1.jpg

This one came out all messed up, but I like it, i just don't know why.
canonae-128mmxtra400protest10.jpg

This lady was put out on the street by ''banks'' that are running the U.S...i had given her my card and she actually
got a hold of me. She was there at the federal building protesting all the illegal stuff going on in the U.S.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film 3/canonae-128mmxtra400protest13-1.jpg

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film 3/canonae-128mmxtra400protest11-1.jpg

Staff Edit : Image(s) removed. (Link(s) left in place). Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice ones there ryank, though I do think chivers67 has a point, just a tweak to bump the contrast up a little and they are right there.

Will do! I think it was actually the scan that was a little weak, because the print itself is alright. Although theres alot less contrast then I usually like.

Will have a better play with the enlarger next time!
I was using uni's paper so didn't want to use to many ;)

Will do! I think it was actually the scan that was a little weak, because the print itself is alright. Although theres alot less contrast then I usually like.

Will have a better play with the enlarger next time!
I was using uni's paper so didn't want to use to many ;)

I'll be honest - I don't have access to a wet darkroom anymore (or the inclination to build one while i'm being honest!) and I tend to develop the film and just stick the negs/slides through the scanner. Though the purists may object, I find that I'll occasionlly need to give things a small tweak in levels.

When you're developing then printing and finally scanning the prints, theres a lot of stages in there, lots of opportunities to tweak things, or alternatively, lots of places for stuff to fall through the cracks :shrug:

I was not going to post these, but then they are photographs. I decided to pull Daniel out of school and go for a hike in the angeles national Forrest since we had not been on a good hike in while. I grabbed by ME SUPER and took off...I wish I had taken my digital with Long lens, but who knew...While Hiking a creek we came across some voodoo dolls hanging on the trees and as we looked up ahead, we found a group of people practicing true Santeria...They where doing animal sacrifice and putting the blood on these peoples head to ''cleanse'' them...It was creepy to me and horrible. All I could do is pray for these people. Anyway here are some images. Wrong lens and these are heavily cropped as they are quick scans. I will not post the slaughtering of the animals though. So ugly...They ended up scaring us away as they did not like their pictures taken....but I kept shooting.
Here we have the black witch and the white witch. Notice the snake..
santara0.jpg

santara1.jpg

Here is a little tighter look at the witch
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film/santara2.jpg

The ritual begins
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film/santara3.jpg

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film/santara4.jpg

One of the voodoo dolls (or what ever it is)on the trees. This form of hard core Santaria is normally not seen.. Here we have two religions inter twined.
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/jgredline/Film/santara6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got this one back, taken with a completely fubard spotmatic, only one that came off the roll and not good

001-1.jpg

Last edited:
A few of mine

All scanned from positives in a Epson home scanner; no adjustments

No 1 :

downhill_c.jpg

No 2 : our backyard

backyard.jpg

No 3

bale_bw.jpg

No 4

boat_cornwall_c.jpg

No 5

cornwall_boat_bw.jpg

No 6

lady_in_windsor_c.jpg

Last edited:
Is it me or are these a bit grainy for Delta 400, does Rodinal cause this?

img054.jpg

img058-1.jpg

img062.jpg

img063.jpg

Canon Ae-1 / 50mm / Ilford Delta 400

Rodinal is a fine grain developer and is best used with fine grain film (y)

It can give some interesting effects with normal/large grain films like Delta and Tmax, but in general wouldn't recommend this.

Welcome and what a great set of photos :clap:

ekimeno loves bikes too... the human powered variety! :help:

Thanks ekimeno. I'm getting a nice set of conventional photos together now.

I presume you're a roadie? I don't have any riding photos as it's too much of a risk to take the SLR out on offroad rides, so instead I have lots of snaps taken on my phone's Cybershot cam. Not quite the same!

Thanks ekimeno. I'm getting a nice set of conventional photos together now.

I presume you're a roadie? I don't have any riding photos as it's too much of a risk to take the SLR out on offroad rides, so instead I have lots of snaps taken on my phone's Cybershot cam. Not quite the same!

Yes, I'm a roadie (skinny tires and drop handlebar bicycle rider for those who are thinking I'm following around a band with stage equipement :))

I used to take along a little P&S for rides, but since switching to film I sold the P&S. Anyway, my riding is best done without a camera as it would cause problems with other riders and reduces safety in general.

Anyway, my riding is best done without a camera as it would cause problems with other riders and reduces safety in general.

Doesn't seem to bother the lads on the TdF - remember seeing them riding along on last day sending picture messages to people of themselves drinking Champagne :LOL: Then again, they do seem to have supernatural powers :shrug:

Speaking of colour, I just got 5 rolls of Velvia back, so yawl gonna get colour blitzed till you throw up.....:LOL:

Thought it was time I added some, so here goes, my first time uploading film shots (I think :thinking: ), need to spend more time with it I think.

pd_film_0001.jpg

mk_film_0002.jpg

ls_film_0003.jpg

Love number 2. :D

Can you remember what film it was shot on?

Welcome to the film thread. :)

Thanks.

Using Fujifilm Superia ISO 200, came free when I got the camera so was just using it to test the camera more than anything, just put some Ilford Delta 400 B&W in for my upcoming trip to Scotland.

Film is proving to be fun but a big learning curve for me.

Yep - they're all mine - though the red Kendell is on long term loan with a mate at the moment. It's only a subset of the one's i've owned though - there's an awful lot of ones that never got their portrait done...

Such as...
Woodrup 531 (sold)
Bob Jackson customs - 531sl (sold), 653 (bent & w/off) , 753 Time Trial (in loft)
Harry Quinn custom 753 (stolen)
Raleigh Special Products Div. 653 (sold)
Raleigh Special Products Div. 753 (first generation dynatech - as supplied to castorama, the year Lemond beat Fignon!) (snapped 3 of the frames at the lugs!)

Dawes Super Galaxy Tourer (in bits in the loft at the moment!)

Allan Aluminium cyclo-x special (snapped)
Kona Jake the Snake cyclo-x (must rebuild this for winter hack!)

then a couple of MTB's

Raleigh Dynatech Ti (snapped)
Original Pace RC100 (stolen)

After a rather nasty prang on the bike and a 7 year layoff while I regained my bottle, i'm now resoloutely non-competitive, and I've got a heavy, solid and unburstable MTB - the red Inbred - and a nice solidly built roadbike - the Planet-X Team Alu with Ultegra bits.

The Battaglin looks lovely - there's something about the old-school skinny tube's for me - probably because that's what I grew up with :LOL: I've had the Planet-X for over a Year now, and I still haven't really got used to it's looks. It sure is faster and lighter than the old ones though, just wish I was fit enough to do it justice!

I have just placed an order for a new bike. We have this ride to work scheme where I can get a voucher for £640 for about £30 a month for a year:) I've not ridden a bike for 23 years (since I was old enough to get one with an engine!) before Tuesday when I went along to look! Blimey they have changed. I'm ordering a Trek 7300 2010 model with a 23" frame, rechargeable headlights!, rear lights, bouncy seat pillar, mudguard, helmet, bottle holder (for the battery), different saddle and anti puncture treatment! Quite looking forward to it :) They are so light and I like the levers to change gear/ratio, much better than that one lever for each!

Any Fixed Gear'ers out there? I am currently converting my Peugeot Elan, its going to be a full dismantle spray polish ride job but as cheap as possible!

img035.jpg

Nice shot gingerjon, but whats the line going though the middle?

@ Garry79
i like ** work i am new in this field and i have got some very useful point from your picture specially the first one, that's very simple but eye catching! these kinda posts can help the new comers, send me a P.M so that we can talk easily.

Any Fixed Gear'ers out there? I am currently converting my Peugeot Elan, its going to be a full dismantle spray polish ride job but as cheap as possible!

Used to have a old Carlton that was converted to a fixie, with rear facing dropouts back in the day, just as the winter clubrun hack. I tried going back to fixed last year, and bought a "il pompino" but after a couple of months, my knees told me to sell it and buy something with gears again. Just a bit too hilly round here for me to hack it!

Back