Show us yer film shots then!

Nikon F3,Nikkor 28mm and Asa 200 slide film.

Night time over the bay of Nice.

14462760334_a313506cc9_c.jpg

You know your browser has been bad size

14487527905_e2b0013912_c.jpg

You know your browser likes it really ..

You know you want to hurt your browser more

Set that has a few more of Scotney if you like that sort of thing

14296278328_90545338c0_c.jpg

Insert silly coment here about browser abuse

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abbandon/14462760334/sizes/o/

V

Very pleasant set of images. Being nosey (and maybe I should be paying attention), can I ask what camera and film were used?

Hi Nigel, the camera used for all the shots is a Sinar F2 10x8 the first shot is using an Apo Symar 300mm F5.6 and the other three a Fuji 210mm F5.6 W (with internal lettering) all about F32 and 1/8th of a second. The colour shots are Provia 100f developed in Fuji Hunt Pro 6 chemistry at home the Black and white is Delta 100 developed for 6 minutes in HC110 at 26C. All the scans are on a Dianipon Screen DT-S 1045AI at about 1600dpi cleaned up in photoshop and reduced in size a bit to get them under flickr's 50 Megapixel limit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abbandon/14192833822/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/abbandon/14192832242/

Couple of iffy digital snaps of said camera in action in May, the set up used for this shot from that set

14274369950_8cf17b7755_c.jpg

Hi Nigel, the camera used for all the shots is a Sinar F2 10x8 the first shot is using an Apo Symar 300mm F5.6 and the other three a Fuji 210mm F5.6 W (with internal lettering) all about F32 and 1/8th of a second. The colour shots are Provia 100f developed in Fuji Hunt Pro 6 chemistry at home the Black and white is Delta 100 developed for 6 minutes in HC110 at 26C. All the scans are on a Dianipon Screen DT-S 1045AI at about 1600dpi cleaned up in photoshop and reduced in size a bit to get them under flickr's 50 Megapixel limit.

Couple of iffy digital snaps of said camera in action in May, the set up used for this shot from that set

Well,that is why your set of shots are so good. the quality is excellent and the colour rendition of Provia has done you proud. The last shot in particular is magnificent the colour is beautiful,I just want to go there and sit in the garden and rest. Well done indeed.

Some really great shots on these pages, the standard just keeps getting better. I need to get out and shoot some more. Going to work each day is seriously getting in the way of what is important!

Can't really
Well,that is why your set of shots are so good. the quality is excellent and the colour rendition of Provia has done you proud. The last shot in particular is magnificent the colour is beautiful,I just want to go there and sit in the garden and rest. Well done indeed.

Can't really add anything to what Richard's said, but thank you for sharing details of your set-up :)

Last edited:
Another couple from the still unloved Fuji on Portra 400.

Buachaille-Etive-Mor2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Glen-Etive-Cottage by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And a couple from the very much loved Mamiya C330f on Portra 400 again

Tramsvision-vamped2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Murrayfield by andysnapper1, on Flickr

And finally a couple of test shots from the newly acquired and quickly becoming loved Rolleicord Va Type 2 on Fuji Acros 100. Devved in Ilfotec LC29.
img012 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

img007 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

As is often the case flickrrr has sucked the contrast out of these two shots.

Andy
That first one is superb, love the way the mountain appears through the trees.

Thanks Jim.

Praise the Lord that film is forgiving o_O
Well I was resigned that my passport wouldn't be renewed in time for a long weekend in Holland so didn't pack anything and my wife and son were going without me.....and a miracle happened in that my passport arrived at 11:30 and we had to leave for the airport at 16:00. So panic, packed clothes etc got the Reala out of the freezer, the T70 was ready though with lenses and after a gap in packing loaded a film.....and :eek: when I got back had found that I had loaded Fuji press 800 ISO and set the camera for 100 ISO. Well the results weren't too bad:-

Typical Dutch windmill

H'mm tram lines and cycles at the Hague :eek:

At the centre of these cross roads was where the first mobile V2 rocket was fired and it landed at Chiswick W London of course it burnt the original trees and road

To use the film up

Praise the Lord that film is forgiving o_O
Well I was resigned that my passport wouldn't be renewed in time for a long weekend in Holland so didn't pack anything and my wife and son were going without me.....and a miracle happened in that my passport arrived at 11:30 and we had to leave for the airport at 16:00. So panic, packed clothes etc got the Reala out of the freezer, the T70 was ready though with lenses and after a gap in packing loaded a film.....and :eek: when I got back had found that I had loaded Fuji press 800 ISO and set the camera for 100 ISO. Well the results weren't too bad:-

Typical Dutch windmill

H'mm tram lines and cycles at the Hague :eek:

At the centre of these cross roads was where the first mobile V2 rocket was fired and it landed at Chiswick W London of course it burnt the original trees and road

To use the film up
Well given the error in ASA setting they have come out very well, I love the colour palette of that film, nice work Brian!

Well given the error in ASA setting they have come out very well, I love the colour palette of that film, nice work Brian!

Thanks...the film was also important because of Dutch family shots and the embarrassment if I had problems esp when she (my son's Dutch partner) said "Ah! you still use a film camera but with digi you can see if your shot is ok by looking at the back etc" ...... a while back.

Living just outside London can be a dangerous place :D

Agfa Vista +

Agfa Vista + can be really good on the right subjects even with an Asda clipped scan.

Last edited:
Love how this has captured the light. I'm looking forward to using my XA3 even more :)
Thats the film. 400S. Manufactured by Agfa Gevaert initially as a non-DX coded aviation film, with near infra red abilities for penetrating light mist. It's been resold (maybe through Rollei) by FirstCall Photographic as a budget (£2.49) B/W film. Note though that it is not DX coded (I don't think that the XA3 is DX though). Another example below, taken on my 50p car boot sale XA2 again, on that film:

13269066524_c37662dc14_c.jpg

Flickr Link.

Last edited:
I recently found myself in New York City for my buddy's med school graduation. As is usually the case when I travel, I was accompanied by my dear friend, Bronwyn (a.k.a., my Bronica SQ-A). Here are a few photos from the short trip on Kodak T-Max 400—developed in Ilford Ilfotech LC29—and Fuji Pro 400H.

Thats the film. 400S. Manufactured by Agfa Gevaert initially as a non-DX coded aviation film, with near infra red abilities for penetrating light mist. It's been resold (maybe through Rollei) by FirstCall Photographic as a budget (£2.49) B/W film. Note though that it is not DX coded (I don't think that the XA3 is DX though). Another example below, taken on my 50p car boot sale XA2 again, on that film:

13269066524_c37662dc14_c.jpg

Flickr Link.
Thanks for the info Paul, that's really interesting. Will have a closer look at that film.

I recently found myself in New York City for my buddy's med school graduation. As is usually the case when I travel, I was accompanied by my dear friend, Bronwyn (a.k.a., my Bronica SQ-A). Here are a few photos from the short trip on Kodak T-Max 400—developed in Ilford Ilfotech LC29—and Fuji Pro 400H.

Brilliant.

Not the greatest exposure but it has captured his mood. My other dog died on Saturday and this was taken only a couple of days later. I think it shows on his face, Bob is missing his sidekick.

Mark

Brings a lump to my throat..

Back