Show us yer film shots then!

Gr
Just picked up my latest roll from development: Portra 160 (Olympus Trip 35)

This one was a bit cropped, and took a small exposure adjustment.

Well... that's sad...
by joaonorim, on Flickr

This one was slightly straightened, as did the one below.

Horizon
by joaonorim, on Flickr

Ponde da Arrábida from below
by joaonorim, on Flickr

This last shot, had no edition. Straight from the camera.

Forbiden
by joaonorim, on Flickr

For my not so high standards, they're not bad. Anyway, I don't like focusing on the Olympus very much... The main focusing tool are 4 symbols, and that made me miss the focus in many shots...
Great set from that little Trip 35!

I received my first developed roll of 2007 expired Fuji Reala 100 from AG and am pretty impressed with the results considering the age of the film. The only issue I can see was on an underexposed shot where the grain had become quite obvious after pushing it in Lightroom. Other than that, there was a slight magenta cast which was easily dealt with in LR although I don't know of fresh Reala showed that too :0)

View attachment 18022

View attachment 18023

B&W conversion of an underexposed shot;

View attachment 18024

This is what happens when you switch an M645J to multi-exposure and then forget to switch it back!

View attachment 18025

All were taken on the M645J and 80/2.8 which is now on its way to Nick. Have fun with it mate!

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Steve, I have a 20-brick of Reala expired the same time, and I've been getting good results shooting at 80... I don't remember any hint of magenta. (In fact there's a roll in the MX now, so I should have some recent shots by he end of the month). The "under-exposed" BW conversion is very nice indeed!

Thanks for the info Chris. Maybe it was just in the scanning stage? Bumping the exposure of the B&W shot definitely brought it out in the noise but that could just be a digital feature :0)

Either way, it's the first time I've shot Reala and I'm liking the results.

Cheers
Steve

Well I had a wander in the high hills recently and couldn't believe the "treasure" that i found buried in the undergrowth......curiously it resembles the exact ETRS that i own :D

View attachment 18094

Minox 35 GT

Agfa vista 200 Cross processed in LC29 Semi stand dev

An Olympus XA2 to replace the almost-a-charity-shop-bargain XA that didn't work - this time from eBay, so not quite the bargain @XA2inmypocket got - and OOD Jessops Pan100s film I was given. Might take me a while to get used to what looks good with the three-zone-focus system. I have a feeling it'll be better suited for street shots, but I had to take a roll as quick as possible to make sure it worked.

The green stripe down the neg seems to be the scanner. It didn't appear when I rescanned some of the negs. Bloody technology :(

View attachment 18105 View attachment 18106 View attachment 18107

I also got an XA2 a couple of weeks ago but I haven't used it yet. It may be perfect for my 36 exp challenge.

These look really good Keith, I shall load up a roll straight away I think.

Andy

A couple of doggy portraits from the Bronica on my recent travels:

14709777407_a48bcc0fc8_c.jpg

Flickr Link

14894742855_45b0771e33_c.jpg

Flickr Link

Both:

Bronica SQ-A camera
Zenzanon PS 150mm f/4 lens
Ilford FP4 Plus 120 film
Home developed in R09
Digitally scanned film on Epson Perfection V500

Here are a couple of nearly consecutive shots on the West Coast of Scotland (Seil Island, I think). The first is shot on my Pentax MX, 28mm f/3.5 lens, the last from a roll of Portra 160, processed and scanned by Photo Express:

The second is from the same camera and lens [EDIT: immediately afterwards], but the start of a film of recently expired Velvia 50 that's been hanging round for far too long, processed by Peak and scanned by me:

Neither shot selected for any kind of artistic merit, just for the bizarre comparison. Until I got the Portra back (it found its way to Edinburgh and had to be forwarded), I was nearly ready to claim I'd found the secret to scanning Velvia: stick my fingers in my ears and chant, La la la la that really was the colour that was, la la la!

I should have sent that Velvia to genie, who do a reasonably cheap E6 plus medium scan service!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of nearly consecutive shots on the West Coast of Scotland (Seil Island, I think). The first is shot on my Pentax MX, 28mm f/3.5 lens, the last from a roll of Portra 160, processed and scanned by Photo Express:

I should have sent that Velvia to genie, who do a reasonably cheap E6 plus medium scan service!

How does the Velvia look when held to window light ? Is the scan a fair representation of the original ?

How does the Velvia look when held to window light ? Is the scan a fair representation of the original ?

I don't know why I didn't think of that! It does look quite a bit lighter overall; the scanned sky is a lot darker (and a bit more dramatic). Colour shifts are hard to see at that size, but my feeling is that there is less magenta. OTOH in other shots the Velvia has definitely picked up the blue sky in a way that the Portra didn't.

I don't know why I didn't think of that! It does look quite a bit lighter overall; the scanned sky is a lot darker (and a bit more dramatic). Colour shifts are hard to see at that size, but my feeling is that there is less magenta. OTOH in other shots the Velvia has definitely picked up the blue sky in a way that the Portra didn't.

It sounds like another go at scanning the Velvia, using whatever options your scanning software has for adjusting the red, green, and blue channels, may help to get closer to your goal.

Great atmosphere in this one, love it :)

How many times did you hear The Proclaimers being played?

Thanks! How many times on that night? I was only in the stadium for about five minutes in total and can't actually remember any music being played, although I'm sure something was on. I heard the Proclaimers numerous times at Hampden the next week though.

Excellent use of the brollies to frame your better half RJ

Thanks, Asha!

On another note, I guess no one much liked the up-close-and-personal photo of Prince William, hey? Upon reflection, a Kate Middleton pic would probably have been more appropriate for this crowd. ;)

Last edited:
I guess no one much liked the up-close-and-personal photo of Prince William, hey? Upon reflection, the Kate Middleton photo would probably have been more appropriate for this crowd. ;)

Yeah, If you want to rapidly gain "likes" then i reckon posting ladies is the way to go in here! :naughty: :D

That last shot's an utter peach Asha!

I agree, really good.

Andy

So it's been a pretty exciting last few weeks in Glasgow...

RJ, as ever a very strong set of squares, I particularly like the blue and orange contrast in the Irn Bru riot shot!

Very
olympus 35 sp and cinestill 800
Untitled

olympus 35 sp and cinestill 800
Untitled

olympus trip and fujifilm superia 400
Untitled
Very nice set indeed, the Cinestill ones are are particularly engaging, the second one is my favourite, great content and colour contrast. I must give this film a go soon!

Old Barracks located at L'Authion 2100 meters (Best part of 7000 ft)

View attachment 18266

Shot with the "treasure" that i found up there! lol

Bronica ETRS

Fuji Acros 100

Semi Stand dev LC29
Castillon (PACA region of France)

View attachment 18269

and one of Nice taken last year ( Sept / Oct iirc)

View attachment 18271

Asha , really liking all of these, some fantastic locations, captured very nicely in monochrome!

RJ, as ever a very strong set of squares, I particularly like the blue and orange contrast in the Irn Bru riot shot!

Thanks, Adrian! Yeah, there's something about the colours and contrast of that photo that I'm quite drawn to.

Asha , really liking all of these, some fantastic locations, captured very nicely in monochrome!

Thanks Adrian ...yes there are some pretty cool locations very close to home and some even better ones further afield.

I have been shooting colour too and now that i have a batch of C-41 films to develop, it won't be long before i'll be dazzling you all with Provencal colour, so be sure to have your shades to hand :cool::D

A good series of photographs you've posted today, but I really like this photograph in particular, Asha.

Glad you like! (y)

I have quite a soft spot for some of the old roofs down here but trying to obtain a suitable viewpoint isn't always easy. To get that shot at Castillon, I was perched on a wall at the side of the road with quite a steep drop. :nailbiting:
My balance is OK generally but does go a tad wierd now and then when looking through a viewfinder!:confused::D

Glad you like! (y)

I have quite a soft spot for some of the old roofs down here but trying to obtain a suitable viewpoint isn't always easy. To get that shot at Castillon, I was perched on a wall at the side of the road with quite a steep drop. :nailbiting:
My balance is OK generally but does go a tad wierd now and then when looking through a viewfinder!:confused::D

Careful now! The things we do for photographs, eh?

Were all of your photos posted today developed semi-stand with LC29?

I think the damage to the film was inflicted by myself when rolling the soft Foma Fomapan 200 onto a 620 spindle. I'm guessing I should try some Ilford FP4+ next time - and be more gentle with it, still, I'm making out that the damage makes this Photo Art. ;-) Taken in the Kodak Box Brownie yesterday. Caught my young model as she was moaning that she didn't want to be stood on a ruddy field in the wind.

14905298941_23c72e6f94_c.jpg

Flickr Link

Careful now! The things we do for photographs, eh?

yeah, i put myself in some crazy places and positions times...................if my mother knew she'd be :runaway::D:D

Were all of your photos posted today developed semi-stand with LC29?

Yes.................getting on with it very well tbh and pleased with the results.

I think the damage to the film was inflicted by myself when rolling the soft Foma Fomapan 200 onto a 620 spindle. I'm guessing I should try some Ilford FP4+ next time - and be more gentle with it, still, I'm making out that the damage makes this Photo Art. ;-) Taken in the Kodak Box Brownie yesterday. Caught my young model as she was moaning that she didn't want to be stood on a ruddy field in the wind.

14905298941_23c72e6f94_c.jpg

Flickr Link
Presumably the spools inc the take up spool are metal ( being 620 they are pretty much forced to be!)...this in itself can cause the marks to the film but more so the metal rollers that the film passes over inside the camera ....Nice results nonetheless and it's cool to see someone else playing around with a box brownie

Back