Show us yer film shots then!

My son with his cat, who's recovery well after his op....
16242045817_bb5202e665_b.jpg

It's been a while since I've shot any film but I picked up a couple of developed rolls of Agfa Vista from Asda tonight. Not the greatest scans by any means but £5 for two rolls to make sure my Camera/Lens combo is working ok is cheaper than anywhere else available. I had the usual issue of random white balance from the Vista film, particularly indoors where everyone takes on a random yellow shade but that's what a B&W conversion is there for ;0)

1) Chester Zoo - I've probably taken 100 shots of the kids on this bronze elephant over the last 5 years using various kit, this is my latest

Canon EOS30 - Agfa Vista 200 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

2) Testing the Eye Focus performance with Hayley and Chloe running full speed down the hill. I think it did pretty well.

3) Playing in dens on the Gruffallo Trail at Delamere Forest

4) Our new House Rabbit, Clover. There was something strange with the indoor shots taken here resulting is a massive lack of contrast so I've had to boost it a lot.

5) Jake on Christmas morning with his candy grabber

I think I need to pick up some better quality film as well as pay out for better scans now that I know the camera/lens work ok but I'm happy with the results for now.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Taken with Fuji GSW690II with T-Max 100 as usual OOD :). Very grey and overcast day in Eze south of France when visiting Asha.

#1.

#2.

#3.

Some random shots from me that I took yesterday, and developed last night..., as I get used to the F100 and doing my own developing again.... all shot using the F100, Agfa 400 and C41 developed.
The first one is of the new puppy who's a retriever x lurcher (the F100 did slightly better than the D750 in getting a decent shot of him)...

16261770730_c45918488e_b.jpg

16261466048_d6fdecd298_b.jpg

15826555004_753e1aa2af_b.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I nearly lost my fingers trying to get the first and last photos; it was absolutely freezing that morning! I've since acquired better gloves.

Best thing about big chunky film cameras is that you can wear thick gloves and still use the camera. None of those pesky small buttons like digital cameras have that need thin or fingerless gloves :D

Best thing about big chunky film cameras is that you can wear thick gloves and still use the camera. None of those pesky small buttons like digital cameras have that need thin or fingerless gloves :D

I bought a nice pair of silk gloves for under my thick ones so I can still work my view camera in the cold without removing my gloves. Can do the same with the RB but the camera glove interface is a bit slippy so I tend to take one off for putting the camera on the tripod.

I bought a nice pair of silk gloves for under my thick ones so I can still work my view camera in the cold without removing my gloves. Can do the same with the RB but the camera glove interface is a bit slippy so I tend to take one off for putting the camera on the tripod.

Yeah it's not the easiest of cameras to grasp with one hand whilst trying to put it on a tripod! I have fingerless gloves with mitten flaps that I've had for a couple years now. The mitten bits come off when I use the camera, and then back on when I'm walking. Works great but I do get a lot of grief from other people for wearing mittens! :LOL:

Amen to that.

Yeah it's not the easiest of cameras to grasp with one hand whilst trying to put it on a tripod! I have fingerless gloves with mitten flaps that I've had for a couple years now. The mitten bits come off when I use the camera, and then back on when I'm walking. Works great but I do get a lot of grief from other people for wearing mittens! :LOL:

I've just upgraded to these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matin-Multi...61A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1423142628&sr=8-3&

I was previously using mitten-style flap gloves before, but they weren't very thick and didn't cover my thumbs. Hopefully these new gloves address these problems.

Last edited:
They do look pretty cosy! These are the ones I use, but mine are red.

Oh, those look pretty nice actually. Is the thumb always covered in them though? I don't actually really need my thumb to operate the camera, but I do like to enter the exif info onto my phone after each exposure. I suppose the index finger would do the trick instead.

Oh, those look pretty nice actually. Is the thumb always covered in them though? I don't actually really need my thumb to operate the camera, but I do like to enter the exif info onto my phone after each exposure. I suppose the index finger would do the trick instead.
What about a stylus?

Yep, the thumbs completely covered all the time :) I usually use my finger to enter the exif data like you said, if I remember to record the data!

Edit: Woo 500 posts :D Do I get a celebratory cake?

Last edited:
Oh, isn't nice all these young people talking about fashion.....:D I just wrap an old potato sack around me mitts and even then only when it gets below -10. :whistle:

Back