Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks - I take the film camera as well because it has a full metal body. I don't trust myself as a snowboarder and carrying a polycarbonate dSLR

That thought did cross my mind, but it also made me think about falling on the hunk of brass that is the Leica. Might hurt!

Belting! ;) At least you got one shot you feel's worth posting - looking forward to seeing a few more of your shots from the trip, gareth.

I love your photos Mart, you need to release some sort of book - I have rarely seen such detailed pictures of mining. Where you a miner, or just assigned to photograph down them?

I love your photos Mart, you need to release some sort of book - I have rarely seen such detailed pictures of mining. Where you a miner, or just assigned to photograph down them?

Thanks Nick,
I've always been a photographer covering mining, industrial, press & PR work. These pictures have not really been seen much outside the mining industry and as most of our mines are now closed I thought it would be a good idea to give a bit of an insight of our underground mining world in Britain.

Thanks Nick,
I've always been a photographer covering mining, industrial, press & PR work. These pictures have not really been seen much outside the mining industry and as most of our mines are now closed I thought it would be a good idea to give a bit of an insight of our underground mining world in Britain.

They are really good, I would second the idea of a photo book, an exhibition, or something. They deserve to be more widely seen, both in their own right as photographs of quality, and as important evidence of industrial history.

Yes you really should Mart, your excellent shots give a fantastic insight to subterranean worlds.

Yes you really should Mart, your excellent shots give a fantastic insight to subterranean worlds.
They are really good, I would second the idea of a photo book, an exhibition, or something. They deserve to be more widely seen, both in their own right as photographs of quality, and as important evidence of industrial history.
^^^WTS^^^ They're a fascinating look at a world most of us will never get to see and is now long gone in most places. Definitely a book and exhibition are needed.

Reactions: Jao

Thank you both for your kind words and I'm glad you are enjoying them!
I will get something done with these images one of these days.

^^^WTS^^^ They're a fascinating look at a world most of us will never get to see and is now long gone in most places. Definitely a book and exhibition are needed.

Thanks Nick,
It's a shame that in our time of need we have so much energy under our feet and cannot use it because of the mine closures, instead we now import coal for our power stations from all over the world so how does that make it more environmentally friendly.
:thinking:

Thanks Nick,
It's a shame that in our time of need we have so much energy under our feet and cannot use it because of the mine closures, instead we now import coal for our power stations from all over the world so how does that make it more environmentally friendly.
:thinking:
I'm with you there Mart and although I don't hail from mining country I would love to see a government with the political nouse and balls to make use of our own resources once again.

Cracking images as usual, this thread's always a pleasure to come back to after a while!

I can't remember if I've posted this before, hopefully not! A lone figure on Blackpool Beach - Canon EOS 10, 24-105L, Agfa Vista and Screen Cezanne Elite scan.

pRhkyuP.jpg

Mart, your pics definitely deserve a wider audience. They are superb photographs as well as a fantastic record of a unique industry.

I would certainly go to an exhibition of your mining pics. Mining museums perhaps?

What a great page for all photographs posted,congrats to all

Went for a walk in the woods over the weekend and stumbled across an old farm building which is falling down. Couldn't resist going in for a photo!

RB67 with FP4+ in Rodinal 1+50

I love the tones in this Carl - always good to see black, white and all the greys in between! ;) Not being smart - people often seem to prefer either super contrasty or super-flat BW images,but this is nicely balanced for me.

Back