Show us yer film shots then!

Thanks Andy I'm pleased with most of them some didn't come out but its a learning curve and I'm hoping shooting film wil help me stop and think about things a bit more and this will help improve my photography across the board

I think a lot of us started (back) with film with the same idea. What I've found is that I usually shoot one shot per composition on film, whereas it might be ten per composition with digital. That means I do make an extra effort with film to really see the composition and get it right, instead of only noticing the messy background or the ugly bin in the corner when I chimp.

On the other hand, I can still blast off a 24-shot roll in no time at all, so it hasn't slowed me down in that respect.

@Solo man

They're excellent Lee.

You seem to guaging distance well, but if you wan't a bit more certainty I can recommend one of these.
Thanks Simon...
I've had a look at your link...never seen them before, do they need to be set on to the camera?... as I don't have a hotshoe mount, or anything to mount it on.
And, it might seem I'm gauging distance well, and anything over 20 feet is fine, and under 5 feet I walk backwards and forwards counting footsteps, but it isn't good for taking shots in a hurry.
The two shots I did yesterday
This one is set at 9 feet on my distance scale.... by my guestimating of the distance...
26178026292_fa2e065b73_c.jpg

This one at 12 feet by my guestimating
25997850850_47b8cd4477_c.jpg

That was my last shot on that roll, and, probably would have been more like 15 feet in actuality... so, it makes a big difference to getting it right...

I've had a look at your link...never seen them before, do they need to be set on to the camera?... as I don't have a hotshoe mount, or anything to mount it on.

They are designed to fit on a hotshoe but I don't see why you couldn't just hand hold one.

ETA

I've just tried handholding mine. No problem.

Last edited:
They are designed to fit on a hotshoe but I don't see why you couldn't just hand hold one.

ETA

I've just tried handholding mine. No problem.
Thanks Simon... what sort of price should I be looking at paying for one from 'that site'...

Very nice Trev, the photos and the bikes.

Andy

Apologies. Had to remove temporarily. I will be back. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for having to remove the last shot, so to make up for it, here is a different one. Haha. Still the same film, Kodak Portra 400. Not the usual smiley wedding stuffs, but I quite liked the mood here.

The Jaguar that my mother is sitting on is mine. Well sort of mine, it was my late father's pride and joy and so technically is my mother's but I look after it. When people admire it in the pub it's hers but when the engine had to come out recently for a new clutch it's mine!

We have a car meet on the first Sunday of every month which has been going for some thirty years but the last meet was the busiest I have ever seen it, will post some more later.

Mark

So, back out with the 6x9 folder, and today I tried Rollei Retro 400s for the first time... to be fair I can't say how well it does, as I made so many mistakes shooting it, that I only got one possible keeper-just!.
I either got the exposure wrong, or I forgot to take out the dark slide(twice!), and got the distance guesstimating wrong...so, with only 8 frames to a roll, I pretty much wasted that one.
It's quite contrasty... it was developed in D74 for 9min 30.
It's also very curly...but that could be because it wasn't exposed well...

26243170351_c38c5699fe_b.jpg

These are real crackers Trevor, great exposure, lovely colour, very nice DoF and final scanning. Film at its finest!

Thanks Adrian. I got lucky..

So, back out with the 6x9 folder, and today I tried Rollei Retro 400s for the first time... to be fair I can't say how well it does, as I made so many mistakes shooting it, that I only got one possible keeper-just!.
I either got the exposure wrong, or I forgot to take out the dark slide(twice!), and got the distance guesstimating wrong...so, with only 8 frames to a roll, I pretty much wasted that one.
It's quite contrasty... it was developed in D74 for 9min 30.
It's also very curly...but that could be because it wasn't exposed well...

26243170351_c38c5699fe_b.jpg

Still, at least you had a 'willing' model...

Haha... I have three sons and none of them like their photos taken... so, that's as willing as I'm going to get!.
at least he stays still though ....good job for the speed that you go at I guess:exit::D

Some lovely shots on here late!
Here's a few from me, recently received 4 rolls back from AG, so been sat scanning them in for the last few evenings:

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1460188509.192756.jpg
Ektar - Mamiya M645

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1460188543.161024.jpg
Ektar - Mamiya M645

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1460188564.963743.jpg
Provia (dated 2012, eBay bargain that looks to have paid off!)

Really enjoyed seeing the Provia, first time ever shooting slide film!

Adam

Excellent, love it.

:agree: an extremely good set and welcome to f and c.

Back