Show us yer film shots then!

Is that English built or from India,I think looking at some of the parts and condition I would say India,but,you never know.

Great photograph in what looks like those sleepy Spanish or Portuguese streets.

The knowing-all Wikipedia says that the Continental GT (2014–present) is made in India by Royal Enfield Motors (it was Enfield India till 1995), but maybe the heart is still British ;)

It is true, the door has a spanish/portuguese look but the place is Bamberg, Germany.

So... we have a British bike made in India, parked in Germany in front of a Spanish/Portuguese style door, and the shot was made with a Japanese camera/lens on film made in the US. :)

I've absolutely no idea if this Enfield outfit is Indian, British or even Manx:p as it was shot on the Isle of Man.

The owner was actually the Steam train station master of the Castletown station......He liked old objects hence was involved with the steam railway, rode an Enfield and was in awe of my Leica M-4:D

Royal Enfield Castletown.jpg

I think, but could be wrong, if it has a disk brake it's an Indian model.

In this shot it looks basically old but selling in the US in 2014 by the Indian company http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2014/02/article/2014-royal-enfield-motorcycles-first-look/

2014-Classic-C5-Military-2-794x448-2---Copy.jpg

That's a cracker, Gareth! Great expression, interesting face, spot on focus, and that sparkly OOF background helps too!

I have finished developing and scanning all images from my late summer holiday in Greece now. The first 4 images where taken with a Rolleiflex 2.8F. The remainder are taken with the Mamiya 6 and the 75/3.5 lens. Both cameras are such a pleasure to use and the lenses have an amazing signature.

The film was Ektar 100 scanned in with a Nikon Coolscan 9000 self developed with the Fuji Hunt Kit at 35'C for 5:30min.

All originals are at - Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/nico1974/

You can also follow me on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/nicoimages/

Marilia by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Mast by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Tyre by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Fender by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Flowers by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Mamiya 6 with 75/3.5

Samaina by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Church - Karlovasi - Samos by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Sunset by Nicholas T, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have finished developing and scanning all images from my late summer holiday in Greece now. The first 4 images where taken with a Rolleiflex 2.8F. The remainder are taken with the Mamiya 6 and the 75/3.5 lens. Both cameras are such a pleasure to use and the lenses have an amazing signature.

The film was Ektar 100 scanned in with a Nikon Coolscan 9000 self developed with the Fuji Hunt Kit at 35'C for 5:30min.

An excellent set, Nicholas, in your characteristic style

Last edited:
While I've seen this camera get some grief online, we recently picked up a Lomo LC-A 120 and it has been fun to use so far. Used within its limits, I think it's capable of some good results and it's easy to operate too. You certainly will struggle to find another camera/lens combo that wide in 6x6cm medium format at that price point in that small of a package.

The camera:

Its results:

Those are surprisingly good RJ. I had heard bad things about the Holga but I'm happy to be disabused of that idea.

@skysh4rk very nice, I always had a liking for the original LCA, does the 120 version have the same automatic 2minutes to 1/500s shutter speeds?

Those are surprisingly good RJ. I had heard bad things about the Holga but I'm happy to be disabused of that idea.

Thanks, Andy.

Although I do have a Holga too, this one here is a Lomography camera, as @stevelmx5 has pointed out. While they look rather similar, one costs £30 and the other £300.

@skysh4rk very nice, I always had a liking for the original LCA, does the 120 version have the same automatic 2minutes to 1/500s shutter speeds?

For the 120 variant, there is a slight improvement in this regard as the shutter speeds are 1/500 to ∞. Basically, it will keep the shutter open until it has received enough light. There is no bulb setting, however.

The exposure is all automatically controlled, which ordinarily is something I avoid, but it means that my wife can easily use the camera, so I am okay with it in this instance, as it's nice to appear in a few pics occasionally.

While I've seen this camera get some grief online, we recently picked up a Lomo LC-A 120 and it has been fun to use so far. Used within its limits, I think it's capable of some good results and it's easy to operate too. You certainly will struggle to find another camera/lens combo that wide in 6x6cm medium format at that price point in that small of a package.

The camera:

Its results:

These are very nice and the lens has a lovely bit of character (I quite enjoy vignetting, as long as I know it's going to happen).
I had a look at the specs and they say it weighs 360g! Must be the lightest 6x6 in the world apart from a Holga?
It's good to see a positive review of the 120 as everything else I've read about it bemoans it's price, complains about the lens and suggests spending the money on a vintage folder or similar.

These are very nice and the lens has a lovely bit of character (I quite enjoy vignetting, as long as I know it's going to happen).
I had a look at the specs and they say it weighs 360g! Must be the lightest 6x6 in the world apart from a Holga?
It's good to see a positive review of the 120 as everything else I've read about it bemoans it's price, complains about the lens and suggests spending the money on a vintage folder or similar.

Thanks, @FujiLove .

It's a very light and very compact camera for 6x6, especially when you consider that it has a 38mm wide angle lens. The only other 6x6 lens that wide that I can think of—that isn't a fish angle—is the Hasselblad SWC, but that is much bigger and much more expensive at £1000+.

As for folders, I'm not aware of any with a 38mm lens of anything even close to that, so I've never really understood the comparisons there. I'm also not aware of any cheap folders that my wife can easily use.

As for the vignetting, I'm personally a big fan, but I'm becoming increasingly fond of lens aberrations and the like. I am planning to experiment with some older, 'less sophisticated' lens designs over the coming months.

Thanks, @FujiLove .

As for the vignetting, I'm personally a big fan, but I'm becoming increasingly fond of lens aberrations and the like. I am planning to experiment with some older, 'less sophisticated' lens designs over the coming months.

Good for you - I think there's a lot to love about 'imperfect' lenses. I've noticed that people spend a fortune on camera/lens combos that produce 'perfect' images (and I've been guilty of going down that road myself) seemingly without considering whether technically perfect images match their style of photography. After shooting medium format with fairly high end gear (Mamiya 7ii, Hasselblad etc.) almost exclusively for 12 months I recently went back and reviewed the photos I took with my cheap little XA3. They have a bit of a vignette, a completely different feel that I really like and, in the case of the ones shot on movie stock, a very interesting and different colour palette. They are far from perfect, but I love them. Yesterday I processed a roll of Kodak 250D shot in Tallinn and I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Pakon spits out this evening.

Back