Show us yer film shots then!

Took a shot with my faulty 19mm h'mm it looks like the T70 mount is not parallel to the film..I'll have to check it somehow.
This bridge is no more, it has ceased to be....this is an ex-bridge

Bought a monopod a few years ago on special offer for £5 with case, so thought I'd try it for the first time with a Canon 200mm. shutter speed 1/250 exp Kodak gold 100

I love this, nothing beats a black and white that has black and white in it!

Thanks Carl. Glad you like it. It was the shot that stood out the most when I started scanning the negs, and I like it a lot too. I wondered if it was maybe a little too dark (mostly around the top of the frame), and tried cropping it to a more panoramic view to remove it, but I think I prefer the standard aspect ratio more.
Interestingly, when checking it in Lightroom, there is no pure black in the image at all, and only a tiny, few pixels wide, spot of white in one of the skylight areas. Black and white film is great. :)

Mymbr Dawn
Voigtlander Bessa L, 15mm Heliar Aspheric, Agfa Vista 200
30955146722_348a1a075a_b.jpg

With so many shots going back years you never know if you have posted before...anyway these might be new that I took a few years ago:-

Back to the drawing board with this pano as the bend in the road was correct but the house is in a straight line :eek:

This pano came out quite good but a slight pink in the road which I can't cure h'mm my excuse is old film ;):-

Last edited:
Recently I purchased a Helios 44-M 58mm lens and mounted it to a Canon EOS300 via a M42-EF adapter. The adapter requires stop-down metering so I'll probably change to using it on a Praktica MTL3 next time. Anyway here's one result, with Agfa Vista 200 film:

Emerging
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

The EOS 300 has a problem with M42 lenses if it has the rear pin sticking out, as I found the mirror doesn't return. I think the DSLR guys had the same problem in that they took the pin out or......... shaved the mirror?

Got the first roll back from the Olympus OM-1 I bought recently, so here are some shots of old BR diesels taken with it at Barrow Hill Roundhouse this weekend. All using the Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 and Poundland Agfa Vista 200 film. Pretty happy with these. The first roll was mostly as a test of the metering (all these were deliberately slightly overexposed) and to check the camera was working. The viewfinder in the OM-1 is all kinds of awesome - so clear and bright and simple to focus.

A few of them look like there might be a bit of a slight light leak (no's 5 & 7), although it's not present on all shots. If the leak is on the left side of the frame, which side of the camera would that be coming from? Would it be the left or the right (as looking at the camera from the back)? Thanks.

FILM - Diesels
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Diesels-2

FILM - Diesels-3

FILM - Diesels-4

FILM - Diesels-5

FILM - Diesels-6

FILM - Diesels-7

FILM - Diesels-9

Last edited:
A few of them look like there might be a bit of a slight light leak (no's 5 & 7), although it's not present on all shots. If the leak is on the left side of the frame, which side of the camera would that be coming from? Would it be the left or the right (as looking at the camera from the back)? Thanks.
the image is upside down and reversed left to right in the camera - so a light leak on the left of the final image is on the right of the camera. Can't say I can see any evidence of a light leak on your pictures, though. Again, I have known a light leak to depend on how firmly I was holding the camera, particularly on cheaper models (not with an OM1 I would hope).

Last edited:
the image is upside down and reversed left to right in the camera - so a light leak on the left of the final image is on the right of the camera. Can't say I can see any evidence of a light leak on your pictures, though. Again, I have known a light leak to depend on how firmly I was holding the camera, particularly on cheaper models (not with an OM1 I would hope).

Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to double-check as I had a moment of self doubt. The 'leaks' in question are visible at the lower left of image 5 (as a reddish streak), and image 7 (a feint brighter streak up the left-hand edge). It shows up in another image not in the original batch I posted too (again, as a slightly brighter streak up the left-hand edge):

FILM - Diesels-8

By the position (and thanks to your confirmation of the image orientation in camera), I'm guessing it will be the hinge. I replaced the seal there, but only used 1mm foam, so I might put an additional strip inside the door to double it up. It's only those three shots where anything is visible though, so I might leave it for now and then deal with it if it becomes a problem.

Sometimes light leaks show up (or not) depending on factors like brightness of environment, mode of carrying, time between shots etc...

And some more Oly OM-1 / Poundland Agfa pics. :)

The first one is my favourite shot from the roll. I love the colours and the light (the red glows you can see on the floor are reflections from the red paint on a couple of steam locomotives - as in shot 4).

FILM - A safe seat in the event of a fire

FILM - A safe seat in the event of a fire-2

FILM - Fyffes

FILM - Buffer

@Jao Your shots with the 15mm Heliar are very impressive,I cannot wait to use mine next summer.

Travels with my Voigtlander Bessa L and 15mm Heliar Aspherical

This 15mm is such a joy to use.! i have many of my M Lenses but i am sticking to my VIII on this one. Such a beauty!

Well done and Amazing captures.

T

Last edited:
@Jao Your shots with the 15mm Heliar are very impressive,I cannot wait to use mine next summer.

Thanks Richard, it is a great lens, mine is the basic non RF version, but on the simple Bessa L it is a great travel camera. Don't wait 'til next summer though to shoot yours!

This 15mm is such a joy to use.! i have many of my M Lenses but i am sticking to my VIII on this one. Such a beauty!

Well done and Amazing captures.

Thanks Taimoor, I have some Superior 800 in it at the moment;)

Last edited:
Thanks Richard, it is a great lens, mine is the basic non RF version, but on the simple Bessa L it is a great travel camera. Don't wait 'til next summer though to shoot yours!

Thanks Taimoor, I have some Superior 800 in it at the moment;)

Perfect :) Is this superia 800?

by the way did you pick some of my stock?

Reactions: Jao
Does the 15mm Heliar lens have tortoise ancestry and genetically has a need to hibernate throughout winter or what?? :thinking::D:D

Mine does.:)

A couple from a trip to France last month. Both Nikon FE, Fuji Pro 400H, dev and scan by FIlmDev.

Don't tell me the FE is suffering from "home sickness" and needs occasional visits back to France :D:D

Good to see that you're continuing to enjoy it.;)

Back