Show us yer film shots then!

I was thinking more of Jon Pertwee's Dr Who and 'Spearhead from Space' and those tailor's dummies that came alive. :eek: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spearhead_from_Space.

It’s Michael Myers (The Shape) from the Halloween films. You can’t see it in the photo, but he was carrying a big kitchen knife too. It was part of a big SF / Fantasy / Horror event that’s held each year in Sheffield town centre, and there were loads of people dressed in various costumes.

Here you have some with the Leica Mini 3 + Kodak Tmax 400.

GM3HaRd.jpg

6w7aw36.jpg
hDT8Aau.jpg

Developed and scanned at home!

Oh I say!

Roberts, Roberts! Fetch the medicinal brandy, I'm having one of my turns. :D

Last edited:
It’s Michael Myers (The Shape) from the Halloween films. You can’t see it in the photo, but he was carrying a big kitchen knife too. It was part of a big SF / Fantasy / Horror event that’s held each year in Sheffield town centre, and there were loads of people dressed in various costumes.

Confusing up my horror film characters...

Thanks for clearing this one up

:)

Last edited:
I've been messing about with some older photos recently, just a little experimental processing. This was from my old Fuji GW690 Mk11 on very OOD Kodak Ektachrome taken at the Falls of Darroch in 2014.

Falls-of-Darroch4 by Andy, on Flickr

I found some slides at the weekend that I'd taken in 1983, after looking through them I really do miss Kodachrome 64, they'd got the colours pretty much spot on by the early 1980s, I wish we could have it back. A shot taken from the garden of a double rainbow against a stormy sky. Canon A1, 50mm 1.8.

img732 by J White, on Flickr

Here's the full thing. That Kodachrome 64 did a good job of getting the orangey red right too, and look at the detail, considering it was scanned on a flatbed and not a pro film scanner; the slides have kept well considering they're 34 years old too! I've decided I definitely want Kodachrome back!

Fiesta XR2 by J White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Miss those days. I owned the XR2 , XR3 and the XR3i and the XR2 was my favourite. Something about how a carb feels compared to injection. The sound of it sucking air. Cars today don't seem the same :(

Miss those days. I owned the XR2 , XR3 and the XR3i and the XR2 was my favourite. Something about how a carb feels compared to injection. The sound of it sucking air. Cars today don't seem the same :(
I have happy memories of those days too, but it wasn't all hugs and puppies! I remember we had problems with the automatic choke on that car, the thermo-coupling coil that made it work kept vibrating loose and moving, which made cold starting difficult. On one occasion the screws holding it in place worked loose, allowing the unit to drop down onto the throttle linkage arm, which just happened to be of a 'U' type shape about the same size as the auto choke coil, and this promptly jammed the throttle 3/4 open! That was an interesting few seconds involving standing on the clutch, applying the brakes and pulling over to the side of the road with the ignition switch turned part way off to stop the engine without engaging the steering lock! After a trip back to the mechanic and some new auto choke parts it behaved itself after that! I was quite sad to see it go when we sold it a couple of years later, other than the initial teething problems with the choke it was a lovely little car.

Last edited:
Would love to see Kodachrome make a comeback, it was the first slide film I used and it’s still my favourite. I know it’s unlikely but of all the retired film types it’s top of my wish list.

Would love to see Kodachrome make a comeback, it was the first slide film I used and it’s still my favourite. I know it’s unlikely but of all the retired film types it’s top of my wish list.

Unless Kodak can get the Chinese involved it could be £20-£30 a roll and 64 ISO is annoying........£10 a roll and ISO 125\250 (if possible) would be great.

For process paid Kodachrome £30 a roll is not unrealistic, Velvia 50 £12.99 a roll, processing and mounting at Peak is £8.50 + £2 postage for a single roll comes to £23.49. I’d gladly pay an extra £6.51 for Kodachrome.
Back in the late 70’s when I first started using Kodachrome I remember it being hideously expensive and used it only on special occasions. To be fair I wasn’t earning a whole lot in 1980 but I remember a roll of Kodachrome costing a serious chunk of my disposable income.

No Kodachrome wasn't a cheap film, hence me not having many photos taken with it as I was in the same position as Nick! Much as I'd like to see it return, they probably woulnd't sell the quantity needed if it was pitched at the £30 a roll mark. After all, it seems that not many on here will shell out £11 for a roll of 35mm Portra 800, so what chance would a roll of re-launched Kodachrome have at £30? :whistle:

Welcome to the forum Alex @Palmer's Student , I hope you enjoy the film side of photography and I look forward to seeing some more of your photos. (y) Since joining this forum a year ago I've found there's a really good knowledge base here in the F&C section, so feel free to ask away if you have any questions about film, equipment, suppliers or techniques. They're a friendly bunch here in the F&C section and enjoy a bit of banter too, which adds to the fun at times. :D

Last edited:
For process paid Kodachrome £30 a roll is not unrealistic, Velvia 50 £12.99 a roll, processing and mounting at Peak is £8.50 + £2 postage for a single roll comes to £23.49. I’d gladly pay an extra £6.51 for Kodachrome.
Back in the late 70’s when I first started using Kodachrome I remember it being hideously expensive and used it only on special occasions. To be fair I wasn’t earning a whole lot in 1980 but I remember a roll of Kodachrome costing a serious chunk of my disposable income.

Well that's the problem as pricing is killing off some films for quite a few\many .. filmies. :( If you accept high prices then MF slide film is the way to go, and not so long ago an experienced photographer said " His MF slide film (probably Velvia?) shot was superior to his digi shot taken of the same scene at the same time". (y)

Another old one from the Fuji GW690 Mk 11, Glen Etive in the Highlands on Portra 400. I really wish I could have bonded more with the Fuji, it had a great lens but it was just too much of a big plastic box and I didn't enjoy it. :(

Glen-Etive4 by Andy, on Flickr

Another old one from the Fuji GW690 Mk 11, Glen Etive in the Highlands on Portra 400. I really wish I could have bonded more with the Fuji, it had a great lens but it was just too much of a big plastic box and I didn't enjoy it. :(

Glen-Etive4 by Andy, on Flickr

You’re right Andy. A bit soulless..but the results..

Back