Show us yer film shots then!

Lovely shot Andy but it has a blue cast o_O

Brian, we've discussed this till we're green in the face..... i'm colourblind and so we dont talk about colour casts as its too complicated. Besides it was Scotland in Spring, it's always a bit blueish. :D

Colour looks fine to me @Andysnap Colour film picks up different coloured light better so there is far more variation depending on time of day and shade/sun.

Brian, we've discussed this till we're green in the face..... i'm colourblind and so we dont talk about colour casts as its too complicated. Besides it was Scotland in Spring, it's always a bit blueish. :D

Well Andy I know about your colour problem and was trying to help you. I don't know how long pictures are kept on F&C and maybe 50-100 people would be viewing it over time...but if Scotland is bluish in spring and you are happy then who am I to suggest you adjust it...just for me ;) ;)

Well Andy I know about your colour problem and was trying to help you. I don't know how long pictures are kept on F&C and maybe 50-100 people would be viewing it over time...but if Scotland is bluish in spring and you are happy then who am I to suggest you adjust it...just for me ;) ;)

The trouble is Brian that because I'm CB any adjustments i make are likely to make it worse so I tend to leave it as is. :)

every pub ive been in in Scotland the air was defiantly turned blue:p F this F that:D

@skysh4rk That first one in particular is awesome, that shaft of light is just perfect.

@skysh4rk That first one in particular is awesome, that shaft of light is just perfect.

Thanks, @RaglanSurf. We got really lucky with light and weather on that hike. We could see rain clouds continually roll through and dump rain everywhere around us except for the very fell we were on, so we stayed dry throughout our hike, but were treated to some great views as the sun would occasionally peak through the clouds on the hills around us.

Looks like Causey Pike under that lovely sunbeam, were you on Catbells?

A very nice set of images RJ.

Here is a result from my 'Gift' 1955 Minolta Autocord TLR -- the Gent is 89 years old and HE was the one who gave me all the gear so i went to his house and took a roll of 1993 dated ORWO NP22 with flash and daylight and processed it in 'Promicrol Liquid' 1+14 for 12 mins @ 20Oc and got some good negs. I did them some 10x8" prints as 'Thanks' for all the gear he gave me . Here i used a wid2017-11-23-0005.jpg e aperture of f4.5 on the Chiyoko Rokkor lens.

These are all lovely, but it's freaking me out seeing you post non-square photos ;)

How are you getting along with the Makina?

Yeah, I must say that I still heavily prefer the square format and TLR/SLR viewing (e.g., seeing depth of field at full aperture), but it's good to move outside your comfort zone once in a while.

I actually really like the handling of the Plaubel, as it folds up small (in medium format terms), it can be put away very quickly or set up very quickly (lens cap can go on and off without removing filter or hood), it is quick to load and unload film, and can be operated with gloves without too much fuss. Basically, it makes for a great medium format camera for hiking and travel.

Edit: Well, the one thing I don't like about the handling of the Plaubel though is turning the darn thing for vertical orientation.

Last edited:
An Agfa Ultra 50 film fell out of the Fridge in the Garage and I didn't notice, then my Daughter RAN OVER IT in her CAR !! It was flattened to an 'Oval Shape' !! Well, I broke open the cassette in the dark and reloaded the film into an old re-useable HP5 cassette then went out with my Olympus OM-10 gifted by a Camera Club member and which I refurbished and took a short length which I cut and processed in C41 and all the negatives were GREAT !!
Leaves.jpg Poster.jpg Convenience.jpg

Not had any time for phootgraphy for around a year, and it's at least that long since I last posted! But forced myself out of bed on a cold Sunday morning to see if there would be any mist or haze. Managed to get this:

Mamiya 645 Super, 80mm f2.8 Sekor, Efke R100 @ EI125, PMK Pyro

26822768669_b990cf8b6d_b.jpg

A few more from the archives. Battle of Nantwich January 2015, Nikon F100, Nikon 24-85mm f3.5 on Vista 200.

Drummer-Girls by Andy, on Flickr

Chimp by Andy, on Flickr

Before-the-battle by Andy, on Flickr

Bit of a crop so its grainy but I was pleased I got the flash of the powder.
Bang by Andy, on Flickr

Of course as I grumbled about FilmDev the invoice turned up :)

Still getting the hang of the XA and I keep forgetting which way is infinity and that it will let me take photos at silly slow shutter speeds. All Ilford XP2.

More of the Magpie Mine:

Magpie Mine, Derbyshire by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Lytham St Anne's on a crap day:

Lytham St Anne's by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Still got films to start and finish in the MF P & S beast and the baby voigtlander. It's taken 3 months to get through this roll in the XA.

Arley railway station Severn Valley Railway UK, Cosmic 35m by Lomo Kodak colour plus 200 taken using Symbols on camera for settings (sunny 16) F11+ a little bit 1/250th ie: the sunny symbol. One of the first shots I took after digging out my inherited cameras this one was my moms. For a such a basic 1970's camera with no metering other than eye I was seriously impressed early 2017.

TRAIN.JPG

I found some slides at the weekend that I'd taken in 1983, after looking through them I really do miss Kodachrome 64, they'd got the colours pretty much spot on by the early 1980s, I wish we could have it back. A shot taken from the garden of a double rainbow against a stormy sky. Canon A1, 50mm 1.8.

img732 by J White, on Flickr
Nice capture. Came out well.

Thanks Bigmatey We stayed at the Endeavor Pub and had to walk through this alley/ street to get to the the town each day. I was impressed by the XP2 it gave some really nice shots. Your shot Kevin is great it's really sharp and great colours !

Last edited:
Old abandoned farm house on the Bridgnorth to Iron bridge cycle route, part of the old Severn Valley Railway the farmer said he lived in it as a child but was abandoned in the 1960's.
Jenaflex AM1 Kodak colourplus 200
house.jpg
house2.jpg

Last edited:
Sour Milk Ghyll running into Buttermere with Fleetwith Pike in the distance. Nikon F801, Nikon 35-70mm on Vista 400.

Buttermere-6 by Andy, on Flickr

Nikon F70, Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6D & Fomapan 100.

FILM - The gate
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I don't normally do much work on my film shots in Lightroom (other than tweaks to contrast, highlights, blacks, whites etc.), but I gave this a bit more of a push than usual, including some vignetting. It's highlighted the grain somewhat, but I quite like the result.

Last edited:
Ooopsie, deleted. Apologies

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikon F70, Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6D & Fomapan 100.

I don't normally do much work on my film shots in Lightroom (other than tweaks to contrast, highlights, blacks, whites etc.), but I gave this a bit more of a push than usual, including some vignetting. It's highlighted the grain somewhat, but I quite like the result.

yeah, you seem to get grain often in your Fomapan 100, and the Adox, but not always https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/post-a-related-film-photo.661970/page-15#post-8005854, but generally they seem a bit grainy to me for iso 100.
I dunno, maybe there's a bit of 35mm v 6x6 going on and the fact its my life ambition to eliminate grain, thats effecting my judgement...:)

yeah, you seem to get grain often in your Fomapan 100, and the Adox, but not always https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/post-a-related-film-photo.661970/page-15#post-8005854, but generally they seem a bit grainy to me for iso 100.
I dunno, maybe there's a bit of 35mm v 6x6 going on and the fact its my life ambition to eliminate grain, thats effecting my judgement...:)

The shot of the horses is from the same roll as the shot of the gate - I took both shots within 10 mins of each other - so it's almost certainly Lightroom adjustments to blame for the extra grain in this case.

The last roll of Silvermax I shot produced quite thin negs (the meter battery in my OM-1 might need replacing, I think), so again, the pronounced grain there is most likely from me pulling out the detail at the scanning and post-processing stages.

I don't mind grain too much though. Not in B&W at least. :)

Last edited:
Back