Show us yer film shots then!

It's a cat photo I know but I really wanted to see what I could get out of my new acquisition... Really really like 4:3 as a format. 16 shots to a roll, scans like a dream, gives me gorgeous A4 prints.

Pentax 645N, 75mm f2.8 (at 2.8 lol dof), Tri-X @400 in Rodinal 1+25

Tom Servo
by Ian, on Flickr

It's a cat photo I know but I really wanted to see what I could get out of my new acquisition... Really really like 4:3 as a format. 16 shots to a roll, scans like a dream, gives me gorgeous A4 prints.

Pentax 645N, 75mm f2.8 (at 2.8 lol dof), Tri-X @400 in Rodinal 1+25

Tom Servo
by Ian, on Flickr

Never apologise for a cat shot, especially when it’s this good :D

A few of the first COLOUR film I used in my 1956 Rolleiflex 2.8 E Xenotar since it was repaired. The broken base-plate lock pin replaced. shutter speeds done, meter done, focus smoother, winder done.
Barnard's Farm Gardens, ESSEX ( England) --- 2003 dated Fuji Velvia 50 rated 32 ASA.

Attachments

• Barnard's Trip 12.jpg
    Barnard's Trip 12.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Barnard's Trip 14.jpg
    Barnard's Trip 14.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 22
  • Barnard's Trip 15.jpg
    Barnard's Trip 15.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 21
Those loo rolls look a bit rough...:oops: :$
It actually reminds me of a workshop I did many years ago to find my "personal film speed" for the Zone System. This basically meant taking a series of photos of a white object next to a black object and altering the exposure 1 step at a time, which was supposed to give you your iso setting for that film in that camera. Mine came out at box speed. :rolleyes:

Second trip out in cloudy weather with my newly acquired Rolleicord Vb, this time with fresh HP5+ in replenished Xtol.

#1 Loch Ness monster mallard, but at least it does exist. ;)
2019-09-06-0005-copy-tp.jpg

#2 It seems that the Dores Inn has installed a boat landing place to encourage custom.
2019-09-06-0007-copy-tp.jpg

#3 Daviot church, a landmark south of Inverness for those who arrive by the A9
2019-09-06-0009-copy-tp.jpg

......could start a comp "who has the most spare cases" o_O. Silly me as I wrap up lenses in bubble wrap to protect them in my back pack while I have all these lens cases doing nothing in the garage. :rolleyes:
gOJVE0G.jpg

From Swaledale earlier this week.

Just thought I'd say I really like this image Kevin and it's worth more than a like for me. Beautiful.

I'd already added an entry for last month's FPOTY "Decay" theme when I took this. I reckon it might have gotten a few more votes than my actual entry (although I dislike the overexposed sky if I'm honest).

Zeiss Mess-Ikonta 524/16
Fujifilm Provia 100F

FILM - The old sawmill
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I finally got round to developing two 4x5 FP4+ images taken nearly four months ago. First time using the Mod54 developing reel. Both images had chunks of emulsion missing, something I've only previously experienced with Fomapan. The missing chunks were dealt with by Photoshop but I won't be able to make darkroom prints.

River Irthing 1
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

River Irthing 2
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

First time using the Mod54 developing reel. Both images had chunks of emulsion missing,

I prefer my orbital processor and tbh it is my go to developing method, however i have two mod 54 tanks.

The occasional issues i have had has been uneven development with streaks particularly at the top ( as located in the tank) of the negs which even with a scan has proved difficult to rectify in PP, as well as sometimes the film coming adrift of its holder.

As for missing chunks, yes I had that and found that it is all too easy to catch the emulsion of the film on the "arms" of the film holder of the mod54.
Fompan can be particularly susceptible to damage but other film too as you have found out.

Using up some 2003 outdated Fuji Velvia 50 rated 32 ASA in my 1956 repaired ROLLEIFLEX 2.8 E Xenotar I went agaon to Shenfield Common near Brentwod Town Centre. I wanted to see how the 'contrast' was on the photo of the Woods -- carefully metering with a Weston Master V
Shenfield Common E Xenotar 01.jpgShenfield Common E Xenotar 02.jpgShenfield Common E Xenotar 03.jpg

Hmmm. Should that be NSFW????? ;)

Back