Show us yer film shots then!

Its been five years since I last uploaded an image but good to see this thread still going :)

49792054263_29f131e3da_c.jpg

49792627111_95ec9201d7_c.jpg

Chamonix 45n - 150mm - FP4 in XTOL (rotary)

As per the Edward Weston challenge thread in case anyone hasn't seen these there.
Stuffed up loading the roll so lost the first 3 frames. MPP micro technical with 120 film back (which is a pain to use BTW :) ), Ilford Delta 100. I had a box of Perceptol which has been lying around for a couple of years so I thought I'd give it a try, it certainly lives up to expectations with regards to grain.

Pot plant by Chris H, on Flickr

Pepper1 by Chris H, on Flickr

Pepper2 by Chris H, on Flickr

Processed four 5x4 negatives on Sunday. I forgot all about them so they are at least 9 months old. Fomapan 100 exposed in a Brand camera. Processed in Fomadon R09, can't remember the processing details but I did make a note of them and put them away with the processing kit. Speaking of which, I used my Stearman tank for the first time. Much easier to load than the Mod 54 I used before.
1492003.jpg

I went out again with my 1984 Mamiya C220 + 135mm f4.5 Blue Dot Sekors and Kodak Technical Pan dated 03/1989 found in fridge. I rated film at 25ASA and processed as before in my Very Old Dark Brown RODINAL 1+30 for 10 mins @ 20oC and got good negs. I used a small metal tripod.
Some more Kodak Technical Pan tests with C220 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

really GRAINY outdated Film -- Still-lifes ---- Very Old Fuji Super HG 1600 given to me by a local Newspaper years ago for doing Floodlit Football photos --Now it had a HUGE fog level BUT the results I got with an OLYMPUS OM-2n are 'Interesting' ----
2020-04-24-0003.jpg2020-04-24-0005.jpg

A couple from my Ensign Selfix 820 Special on HP5+. Although it doesn't show on these two, it has taught me that this lens, though sharp for its day, is very prone to flare.

Settle Station by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Settle from Castleberg by Stephen Lee, on Flickr
You'll have to buy a lens hood; I bought a used vintage one for mine off eBay, it's a simple push fit and seems to work OK once I'd repainted the inside with matt black. I can let you know the size in mm if you like, if no one happens to know and tell us in the meantime. Nice, sharp, detailed photos though, I bet you're pleased with it.

You'll have to buy a lens hood; I bought a used vintage one for mine off eBay, it's a simple push fit and seems to work OK once I'd repainted the inside with matt black. I can let you know the size in mm if you like, if no one happens to know and tell us in the meantime. Nice, sharp, detailed photos though, I bet you're pleased with it.
Thanks - I'll have to look for a hood. I was disappointed when I first got the negs/scans/proof prints back as they were very flat. However, a minute each in Lightroom brought them up a treat. Incidentally, looking again I wonder if some of the light patches could be from where I've forgotten to slide the cover over the frame counter.

Incidentally, looking again I wonder if some of the light patches could be from where I've forgotten to slide the cover over the frame counter.
Could well be that, especially prone to it with a faster film on a bright or sunny day. I got some nice orange flare patches on 800 Portra from not shading the window when winding on with one of my folding cameras!

Perhaps this reminds me of the film Soylent Green, even though it might be a perfectly innocent incinerator.

I've just done a home scan of one of the negs on my newly-acquired Epson V550. I've never messed around much with Vuescan, so maybe that's why it gave me a 600Mb Tiff file, but it's at least the equal of the scan I got with the processing from AG on their Noritsu. Just took quite a while. I then printed it at A3 Plus on the Epson 100S. I must say I'm blown away with the quality, from a camera which is probably about the same age as me.

Found a hood on the ‘bay. Quite reasonably priced.

Three from my recently acquired box cameras. Not very interesting or inspiring thematically. Taken using Kodak Ektar 100, three years OOD.

Ensign 2 1/2 B. Surprisingly sharp in the middle for an almost 90 years old meniscus lens.

Agfa box camera.

Ross Ensign Ful-Vue.
View attachment 276542

This is a lovely, lovely photo.

Actually; I think there are more good photos in this thread, than in many others on here. Praps cos film makes you stop and think a bit more, rather than the carefree clicking away merrily that we enjoy with digital.

Last edited:
A shot for newbies to show the good and bad for Vista (FUJI C200) and ISO 200.....the film is quite "tough" as well as the shot was taken last year and have just finished the film up last week, camera at room temp for that time.
Notice the grain in the sky...mind you am not sure if the image being left in the camera for over 6 months contributed to the grain.

Praktica BC1 with Praktica 28mm lens, filmdev low scan.
a9qFCsp.jpg

A shot for newbies to show the good and bad for Vista (FUJI C200) and ISO 200.....the film is quite "tough" as well as the shot was taken last year and have just finished the film up last week, camera at room temp for that time.
Notice the grain in the sky...mind you am not sure if the image being left in the camera for over 6 months contributed to the grain.

Praktica BC1 with Praktica 28mm lens, filmdev low scan.
a9qFCsp.jpg

I used to get grain like that on freshly bought, Shot & developed Poundland Agfa, so I reckon it’s just the way the film looks.

I think I still have a single roll left in the freezer.

I used to get grain like that on freshly bought, Shot & developed Poundland Agfa, so I reckon it’s just the way the film looks.

I think I still have a single roll left in the freezer.

Loads of Vista in my freezer but also have quite a lot of expired Kodak gold 100 and can't get on with it because of the colours as it is not what I expect from Kodak....I bought it from Greece years ago and reckon it could have been stored in the heat? Anyway still usuable for something not important.

Loads of Vista in my freezer but also have quite a lot of expired Kodak gold 100 and can't get on with it because of the colours as it is not what I expect from Kodak....I bought it from Greece years ago and reckon it could have been stored in the heat? Anyway still usuable for something not important.
Shoot it as colour and turn it b&w maybe? :thinking:

Back