Show us yer film shots then!

Seeing as I'm on a roll I'll post another, this one was actually taken before we went into lockdown so sometime at the beginning of this year but I didn't feel it was worthwhile showing, Having reviewed it this evening, I see that perhaps it offers something

The lack of foilage dictates the season as now the plunge pool cant be seen for greenery.

Although slightly OOF the leaves ( ivy?) in the foreground were purposely included to try give a sense of scale as the drop into the plunge pool is considerable and what looks to be little more than a twig located in it, is in fact a very large section of tree trunk!

Anyway it may appeal to someoone.

tp.jpg

Edit:

Ahh, I feel bad now, all the p155 taking... It's only because this particular chap is universally one of the good guys :)

I know we rip it out of one particular person who stranded himself on an island, but that was at least self imposed!

If it's the same chap I'm thinking of then I'd agree he's a top bloke and, from what I can tell, he also has a good sense of humour, to the extent that I think he can more than handle himself banter-wise. (y) In fact, in light of my participation, I imagine he's been busy penning a letter to DEFRA asking them to extend the badger cull into my area as soon as possible! ;)

If it's the same chap I'm thinking of then I'd agree he's a top bloke and, from what I can tell, he also has a good sense of humour, to the extent that I think he can more than handle himself banter-wise. (y) In fact, in light of my participation, I imagine he's been busy penning a letter to DEFRA asking them to extend the badger cull into my area as soon as possible! ;)
So I wonder what he's busy planning for me then …...Dare I walk pass the local gendarmerie tomorrow?!!!:runaway::LOL:

So I wonder what he's busy planning for me then …...Dare I walk pass the local gendarmerie tomorrow?!!!:runaway::LOL:

Worried about getting nicked?

Shame he moved !:banghead:

Oh well it'll make a nice enough postcard sized print for him, possibly 5x7 but no larger.
He lives in the village and I know him well so a retake is no problem.

This was using my go to LF iso of 100.

I recently purchased a box of Foma 400 to try out specifically for situations such as this to offer a slightly faster shutter speed……..Not sure if I'll like the grain though …..We'll have to see.

Smal file.jpg

A return to the village purposely to retake a shot on a brighter afternoon than the last effort I made of this scene when it was dim and dismal and that didn't please Brian @excalibur2

This one may also may not please as it isn't in focus everywhere.

Perhaps difficult to notice on a small file but there is only one line of focus that runs up, through the center ish of the scene to include the central tower of the old bridge.

Either side is purposely OOF.......I could of course made everything sharp and in focus but where's the fun in that lol

View attachment 282365

(y)There you go..don't you think a shot looks better when you can see things and just make you sorta "happy" looking at it, murky shots can be sorta depressing and would suit the local cemetery....IMO

..and the quiz of today is who is this? I know and he knows but do you.

LascGR7.jpg

..and the answer is:-
qooEfah.jpg

Taken on a near 100 year old No 1 Pocket Kodak Autograph camera. Lots of light leaks and its nearly impossible to get the film to wind on tightly but for such a simple and ancient camera it produces relatively good images. I bought it because it looked cool and was very inexpensive (£5 if I remember correctly) but I only realised it took 120 film this week.....:thinking:

Garden 2 by Andy, on Flickr
Bridge Inn 1 by Andy, on Flickr
Garden 1 by Andy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not bored, just resting ;):)

Resting? Was it because she had just humped her boyfriend\husband's LF gear sorta like this :eek:
I saw this shot years ago in a photo contest about how some men treated women and the winning shot was a woman carrying a load of booze while the man had something like a few packets of crips o_O

woman carrying load.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a bulk roll of Kodak Vision 50D film a few months ago and have just got round to shooting and developing the first roll. Shot in an Olympus OM2n and developed in the Bellini ECN-2 kit.

First try with Kodak Vision 50D
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

I had to google both the film and the developing kit as not heard of either tbh. You’ve got a nice result out of the combination.
I doubt that I’ll shoot colour film again tbh but never say never, images like this can make it tempting to give it another go.

I had to google both the film and the developing kit as not heard of either tbh. You’ve got a nice result out of the combination.
I doubt that I’ll shoot colour film again tbh but never say never, images like this can make it tempting to give it another go.

Some of the scenery where you live would be great in colour...but thinking IMO it's best with at least a MF camera and would be too much lugging it up hills... a MF and LF camera as well as digi camera.
A ETRS is quite small and takes good shots like this, OOD Fuji 400Hpro
R7PKTfN.jpg

Last edited:
Bit of a nostalgia trip here. Mrs L came across this print (no negatives) whilst "tidying up" the other day. It was taken in 1991 on my Olympus OM2N of my old friend and ex-boss Norman Howe on one of our regular expeditions into the Dales. Sadly Norman is no longer with us.

Norman Howe by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Bit of a nostalgia trip here. Mrs L came across this print (no negatives) whilst "tidying up" the other day. It was taken in 1991 on my Olympus OM2N of my old friend and ex-boss Norman Howe on one of our regular expeditions into the Dales. Sadly Norman is no longer with us.

Norman Howe by Stephen Lee, on Flickr
Wonderfully atmospheric shot, and a great memory.

I bought a bulk roll of Kodak Vision 50D film a few months ago and have just got round to shooting and developing the first roll. Shot in an Olympus OM2n and developed in the Bellini ECN-2 kit.

First try with Kodak Vision 50D
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr
That is completely stonking lovely, Kevin! How lucky you've got a whole roll, and the right chems too!

T90, Ektar 100, with optional grammar.

View attachment 282591
Fancy calling your dog Pooh Bags, what a stupid name! It must be really ugly or badly behaved too, if that allegation is true. ;)

PS Anyone else get slightly annoyed that a seemingly increasing number of people don't appear to know the difference between poo and pooh these days?

Last edited:
Fancy calling your dog Pooh Bags, what a stupid name! It must be really ugly or badly behaved too. ;)

PS Anyone else get slightly annoyed that a seemingly increasing number of people don't appear to know the difference between poo and pooh these days?
Personally I can't bear it. (sorry)

Were doo you get that idea from. Their entitled to call there dogs wot they like.

;)

Perhaps AJ Milne should have named hs bear "Winnie-the-Crap" or something more profane to save confusion. :D

Back