Show us yer film shots then!

Aberavon Beach
Rollei 35B
Fuji Pro800Z
50856717637_c18a8b0875_h.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 306277

The very last frame (#36) of my very last Fuji 400H. That film is no longer in production and is already sold out.

So it is most likely the very last Fuji 400H photo I took.

I'm so glad I bought a pack of 120 half price from 7-Day Shop before Xmas - just saying... hey, put that baseball bat down! :exit:;)

I'm so glad I bought a pack of 120 half price from 7-Day Shop before Xmas

Yeah but yours, bought last year, will no doubt be 'bugged'!:runaway::runaway::runaway::LOL::LOL:

I'm sure the UK variant has been named as CVD400HDEC2020 :exit::ROFLMAO: ........Just sayin' ;)

Dusty got a new cat cave. He threw up in the last one and won't go back in it. Ingrate. This is a luxury one from Amazon.

M6, Delta 400 at 800 in DD-X. Not a fan. Glad it's gone.

2021-01-23-delta400at800-m6-17.jpg

Last edited:
Testing a re-furbished Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 on my 'Saved-From-The Dump' FR-1 at various apertures. I also tested some 1990's ORWO NP20 film in 'Promicrol Liquid 1+14 for 14 mins @ 20oC. It could have had 14.5 mins at least.
Shots at Full Aperture f1.9
Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 lens test : f1.9 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 lens test : f1.9 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 lens test : f1.9 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
taken at f4.5
Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 lens test : f4.5 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Taken at f8
Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 lens test : f8 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Got a new toy last week, Bronica ETRS, not that I needed another camera ;) but I've never shot 6x4.5 and I fancied a go so I had to take it out for a spin. I also tried pushing Ektar to 200iso, seemed to work OK, some of the colours were a bit off but nothing that couldn't be corrected.

Ektar-200-1.jpg

Ektar-200-9.jpg

5 minutes give or take

Recipocracy of that film aint bad then .

An hour exposure could give a pretty impressive result I reckon although perhaps a different location as I get the impression that there may well have been quite a bit of light polution creeping into that attempt?

I might have a go.....best not with foma though as I doubt anything would register after 5 HOURS! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Recipocracy of that film aint bad then .

An hour exposure could give a pretty impressive result I reckon although perhaps a different location as I get the impression that there may well have been quite a bit of light polution creeping into that attempt?

Yes, shot this in the back garden due to lockdown, I've got one of the largest steel plants in Europe a stones throw away so I'm surprised I managed this to be honest with you, not much gas flaring that night.

I haven't seen the negs yet, but from the scans it doesn't appear that any significant correction was needed up to 1min on the other shots I took, my bracketed shots were over.

I only took the one 5min sky exposure while I was mulling over ideas for another shot!

Hopefully will have some chances to get a bit further afield with it soon.

I've got one of the largest steel plants in Europe a stones throw away

Send them a request to shut down for a few hours:p ......afterall what do we need steel for atm, no one's going anywhere on a boat :LOL:

Send them a request to shut down for a few hours:p ......afterall what do we need steel for atm, no one's going anywhere on a boat :LOL:
It never sleeps!

Some of the light pollution looks quite interesting visually, but it's so unpredictable I've never managed to properly capture it, one of those projects on the shelf I keep meaning to do.

I really like this. Capturing snow I find really difficult, as it seldom renders in a way that really, well, shows that it's snowing! You've captured the mood perfectly here imo.

Thanks Jonathan. Based on results, an approximate (given it was shot on my Holga!) 1/100s shutter speed works well to capture some motion in the snow. I expect the size of the flakes and any wind will also have an impact though.

I went back through the lightroom library and had my periodic look at this one. Having not really put my finger on why I didn't upload it originally, I decided to have another go at editing it.

Show me where I want to be by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

It was taken on my old Mamiya 645 with a 55mm lens (I think?! :/) on expired Portra 400. I usually don't shoot film this fast, but in this case, I really like the grain. In any case, it was always the light on the mountains that brought me back to the photo, I just could never get the editing right. Also, I really liked @Kevin Allan 's photo from the other day from Scotland, so perhaps I need to embrace the grain a little more in my own work :)

Last edited:
In the spirit of the rework, heres one from about 3 years ago. Wista 45 Field, Nikkor 180mm f5.6 on (I think) Fomapan 200.

Tommy Henderson 2 by Andy, on Flickr

Back