Show us yer film shots then!

Have 2 cassettes of 01/1993 dated KODACOLOR VR 100 in the huge stash of film from my Deceased Great Friend so I though I would 'Try it out' using my MINOLTA Dynax 4 bought for me in a Car Boot Sale by another Friend who also has since died. I processed it in C41 giving a little extra time and set 50 ASA as although there was a Huge Fog Level I could get scans off using Vuescan Pro . I 'Adjusted' in FastStone Image Viewer. LENS was a Minolta AF Zoo 35-70mm f4 and I took some using full aperture and the 'Macro' setting
Full Aperture f4
as SCANNED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 as scanned 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ADJUSTED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 adjusted 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
As SCANNED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 as scanned 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ADJUSTED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 adjusted 07 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
As SCANNED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 as scanned 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
ADJUSTED
1993 Kodacolor VR 100 adjusted 08 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

This week's theme for the 52 was numbers so I set about taking lots of photos of my cameras.

I have to say though, I am really warming to the T90. It feels like the perfect balance of weight, ergonomics, and usability. Pretty though... it 'aint...

EOS-1v with the 40mm f/2.8 and a Raynox on Tri-X at 1600 in DD-X for 14 minutes.
2021-05-08-eos1v-trix1600-22.jpg

This week's theme for the 52 was numbers so I set about taking lots of photos of my cameras.

I have to say though, I am really warming to the T90. It feels like the perfect balance of weight, ergonomics, and usability. Pretty though... it 'aint...

EOS-1v with the 40mm f/2.8 and a Raynox on Tri-X at 1600 in DD-X for 14 minutes.

Actually I always thought the T90 was a very attractive camera. I've had two but they both failed with the EEE error message.

View attachment 318019

Great camera and a good combo with the T70 (to use Canon lenses for dodgy places like sandy beaches etc and for backup) another good combo is the Nikon F4 and FM (can also be used for backup).
I really should sell most of my cameras and just keep those combos above plus my Bronica ETRS and Mamiya RB67

Some from a roll of 06/201 dated KODAK PORTA 400 NC from the huge stash of outdated film via Sons of my Deceased Great Friend -- I rated it 200 ASA and gave a little extra time in C41 BUT negs were 'Thin' and on next roll I will rate it 100ASA -- Funny-- some 1998 Dated Fuji 'REALA 100' has only lost ONE STOP so I rate it 50 ASA.
Mamiya C220 -- Greenstead Church ONGAR ( Saxon Times with a wooden wall !
Greenstead.jpg
Gibberds Garden near Harlow ESSEX
Gibberds Garden 01.jpg
Gibberds Garden 02.jpg
Gibberds Garden 03.jpg

Chatham dock yard.

Nikon F4 35-70mm f2.8 Fuji superior 200Asa.

Last edited:
I want to go to that 1940's event at the Chatham Dockyard in September this year -- 'Indian Variant allowing' -----

EOS 3, Sigma 50/2.8 macro. Fuji S 1600, massively out-of-date (2012). It's MooMoo of course. Probably should have downrated the film speed but the EOS 3 latches on to the dX coding I think and I never thought owt about it. I have two rolls left which I will probably expose at 400 ASA/ISOwhatever.
1586_037 copy_JPEG5.jpg
1587_010 copy_JPEG5.jpg

Last edited:
So seeing as I now have an enlarger capable of enlarging 10x8 negatives, I thought i best give it a go.
What better way to make my very first wet print from an enlarged 10x8 neg than to actually enlarge the very first 10x8 négative that I ever exposed in 2019 whilst in Sussex ( many thanks to @StephenM for the loan of camera and huge lens! )

I already have a very nice inkjet print of this image from a scan of the negative.
This wet print made a couple of days back , by comparison, doesn’t quite have the same impact but I like it nonetheless .
I may try and tweak a little more with some additional contrast seeing as I’m in the darkroom atm
:)
2A065142-8BC3-4385-8775-AF3297585CCD.jpeg

Last edited:
More commie camera stuff

Abandoned by Chris H, on Flickr
So where are you cos you’re not reflected in the glass.?:thinking:..... now @ChrisR sees me as some sort of wizard so what does that make you?..... some sort of ghoul? :oops: :$:runaway:

( btw that’s not a typo of goon ....... on this occasion ;):exit: :LOL:)

A Richard Hawley album is called Cole's Corner and he's from Sheffield.

Coles Corner is actually in the city centre - I think this cafe is just playing on the name. I was going to write an explanation of why it's a well known place in the city, but found out there's a Wikipedia page that already does a better job. :)

I quite like daises and dandelions...

Canon Sureshot Ace, Agfa Vista 200.
View attachment 318893
Wild uncultivated flowers are the best :)

The ´unnatural ‘ gardens of the uk, much as they are lovingly and and meticulously cared for by many home owners, are , for me, often OTT in their correctness’ and miss the ´ruggidness of nature’.
I have to confess that the ´wild´ gardens often seen here appeal to me much more.
Let the daisies and dandelions bloom, they are , after all , beautiful in their own right.

Have a bit of a backlog of images I didn't post due to spoilers for those on the Zine thread...
Need to get back out shooting now though.

Aberavon Beach
Rollei 35B
Pro800Z

51198634589_ec86fff118_h.jpg

Back