Show us yer film shots then!

A couple of 10x8 portraits of mother and daughter taken yesterday alongside the river in the village.

Camiile ( the daughter), poor lass she had a serious eye irritation which got the better of her just as the shutter fired.....The negative looked like the resulting image was blurred but it's not bad, the minimal dof managed to hold her face in focus and her expression is, shall we say, totally natural :LOL:

178498304_246456733889966_2584661366392285426_n.jpg

TP.jpg

177538252_246456800556626_7305923845237684101_n.jpg

TP.jpg

A couple of 10x8 portraits of mother and daughter taken yesterday alongside the river in the village.

Camiile ( the daughter), poor lass she had a serious eye irritation which got the better of her just as the shutter fired.....The negative looked like the resulting image was blurred but it's not bad, the minimal dof managed to hold her face in focus and her expression is, shall we say, totally natural :LOL:

View attachment 316895

View attachment 316893

View attachment 316894

View attachment 316892
Very impressed with your focus on these ones Asha, since DoF must be very tight indeed. (y)

I am not shooting slide film again. Mainly because I can't find anyone to develop it without stuffing it up...

Leica MP, 35mm Ultron, E100

2020-04-27-e100-mp-10.jpg

I am not shooting slide film again. Mainly because I can't find anyone to develop it without stuffing it up...

Leica MP, 35mm Ultron, E100

View attachment 316974

That looks ok to me Ian. What are the rest of the frames like?

Did you get scans done or scan at home?

Peak Imaging. Never stuffed a single slide of mine :)

Likewise - I use them mostly because they're on the doorstep, but their E6 developing has always been great. My home scanning is usually the weak point...

I'm in two minds as to whether I like this or if it's just a mess. It's birch trees backlit by morning sunlight. I only had an incident meter so had to do my best guestimating, but the exposure is not too bad, I don't think.

Bronica ETRSi
Zenzanon 75mm f/2.8 PE
Kodak Portra 160

Backlit birches
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

I'm in two minds as to whether I like this or if it's just a mess
For me its almost there, perhaps a bit too contrasty and also that weird right angle branch distracts me (but that's probably me) but I like the concept.

After disposing of all my old chems realised I hadn't actually bought any new developer....I thought the same was true of the fixer but then I remembered I had an unopened pack of powdered Adofix P 11 so mixed that up. I ended up taking a chance and making up a batch of Ilford paper developer, Worked well but I was guessing about time and dilution, seems I got it close but it has wacked up the grain.

Hydrangea 1 by Andy, on Flickr

Garden by Andy, on Flickr

Richmond Lock.
Ilford FP4+
Schneider 58mm XL

51147889550_ac170b34ff_o.jpg

Sometimes I love the way Portra renders blue skies

...sometimes I really don't.
The latter shot is probably as much down to my farting around trying to get the colours looking right when scanning as Portra's rendering, to be fair. :)

There are shots on this roll that I'm really happy with the colours, and others which, no matter how much I made adjustments, they allways looked a little off - too warm / too cool. Too green / too magenta. Etc. etc. In the end I just went with what looked the best (only to immediately start doubting myself...). There's a good reason why I tend to favour black and white. :D

Last edited:
The latter shot is probably as much down to my farting around trying to get the colours looking right when scanning as Portra's rendering, to be fair. :)

There are shots on this roll that I'm really happy with the colours, and others which, no matter how much I made adjustments, they allways looked a little off - too warm / too cool. Too green / too magenta. Etc. etc. In the end I just went with what looked the best (only to immediately start doubting myself...). There's a good reason why I tend to favour black and white. :D

With you all the way on this. I too find Portra the devil to scan, and have remembered once again why I prefer B&W.

I do like this composition. Done it on lots of cameras and with lots of different focal lengths. Today was the turn of the Sprocket Rocket with Diafine as my auto-ISO

Got it...
by Ian, on Flickr

Back