Show us yer film shots then!

Going to blame @FishyFish for sending me the Canon sureshot Supreme... as I decided to try the Canon sureshot Ace to see what it could do too, so found one cheap on 'that site'...
Still not convinced with the Fuji x-press C41 though.

I've only used my Sure Shot Ace once since I got it. Mostly because the pandemic hit and limited my opportunities with it. I ought to give it another try now we have a good degree of freedom again.

I've only used my Sure Shot Ace once since I got it.
I told myself that if I didn't put 2 rolls of film through a camera over the 12 months, I'd sell it. It makes me look at the cameras I don't use that often and gets me out with them. That's when I remember why I bought them and what I like about them.

I've only used my Sure Shot Ace once since I got it. Mostly because the pandemic hit and limited my opportunities with it. I ought to give it another try now we have a good degree of freedom again.
I think you have done well with the camera when you did use it.

I told myself that if I didn't put 2 rolls of film through a camera over the 12 months, I'd sell it. It makes me look at the cameras I don't use that often and gets me out with them. That's when I remember why I bought them and what I like about them.
If I followed that thought I probably wouldn't have any cameras left :LOL:

I do normally aim to shoot all the cameras I own (although I do have too many - I think part of this is a sense of security in knowing I have a backup if something else fails, although probably not really warranted). The pandemic shut down quite a lot of opportunities though, and I'd bought the Ace thinking it would make a nice camera for street photography (the film advance sound notwithstanding!), but didn't get many opportunities to do so as the first lockdown hit not long after I got it. I will definitely be taking it out sometime soon though.

I do normally aim to shoot all the cameras I own (although I do have too many - I think part of this is a sense of security in knowing I have a backup if something else fails, although probably not really warranted). The pandemic shut down quite a lot of opportunities though, and I'd bought the Ace thinking it would make a nice camera for street photography (the film advance sound notwithstanding!), but didn't get many opportunities to do so as the first lockdown hit not long after I got it. I will definitely be taking it out sometime soon though.

I ended up having a full of cameras that I didn’t use,a Canon Sureshot AF35MII being among them. That had a similar film advance noise, it would announce it to all and sundry :LOL: Mind you, my Nikon F90 isn’t exactly discrete but the speed and torque involved makes every frame an occasion :D

The F90 survived the cull as it wasn’t worth selling and remains an absolutely stellar camera.

There's a bit of a story behind this one. I randomly bumped into the lady who owns this owl while she was out exercising her one evening so asked if I could take a photograph. She said yes so I took one and we went our separate ways. Because I tend to send films off about once a month it meant I didn't see it for ages; but in the meantime, the owl had escaped and gone missing. The owner had posted all over Facebook for any news of sightings etc, she was out all hours looking for her between working long shifts as a nurse to no avail. When things were looking dire and she'd been missing for about a week they managed to find her alive and well and they managed to get her home again. The day I got the scans back was the day the owl came home so you best believe I messaged the owner on Facebook and sent the shot over and she cried, tears of joy thankfully :D

Owl by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

Kelpies, taken with Nikon F4 and 24-120 f4 lens, scanned with D780 with VR 105 f2.8 macro lens. Portra 160 film

Kelpies

Was that at 24mm Paul? One of the better takes of the Kelpies that I've seen!

Was that at 24mm Paul? One of the better takes of the Kelpies that I've seen!
Thanks Chris,
According to my notes I took it at 70mm f11 1/500 with the 24-120 f4 lens.
I use Google Keep om my Android phone to note down the settings for each shot I take as I do like to be able to see what settings I use,

Shot with my Agfa Isolette II in April this year on Ilford XP2.

I scanned it at home and only now do I realise I forgot the ANR glass. I'll go back and do it over (and tidy up the dust too) at some point.

Rich (BB code):

I do love 6x6

I have an Isolette too, I've only ever shot it a could of times but I'm always blown away by the quality of it. It remains my only MF camera but the fact it'll fold up and fit in a pocket is great!

I have an Isolette too, I've only ever shot it a could of times but I'm always blown away by the quality of it. It remains my only MF camera but the fact it'll fold up and fit in a pocket is great!

So compact, I was astonished when it arrived in the mail. I had it serviced though it was in good condition and I've got some Lomography 400 (expired) in there at the moment. Then I'm loading up an early 1950's Ilford roll. Should be interesting.

So compact, I was astonished when it arrived in the mail. I had it serviced though it was in good condition and I've got some Lomography 400 (expired) in there at the moment. Then I'm loading up an early 1950's Ilford roll. Should be interesting.

Definitely, if you'd like I'd love to see some more shots from yours.

I've only ever shot Neopan 400 in mine, i did once attempt to shoot some Provia in it but when i came to get the roll out at the end it hadn't wound it up tight enough so i could see film outside the spool which put me off using it for a long time. I still have 1 roll left of Neopan but perhaps I should try some other films in there, it's certainly a limiting camera but that's half the fun though :D

Reactions: Jao
Definitely, if you'd like I'd love to see some more shots from yours.

I've only ever shot Neopan 400 in mine, i did once attempt to shoot some Provia in it but when i came to get the roll out at the end it hadn't wound it up tight enough so i could see film outside the spool which put me off using it for a long time. I still have 1 roll left of Neopan but perhaps I should try some other films in there, it's certainly a limiting camera but that's half the fun though :D

It is certainly a camera that makes you think about what you are doing Here is another scan from the same roll and one from the first roll I shot (another expired Lomography 400) when I really didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't winding it on correctly so was getting multiple exposures. Nice colours though.

Rich (BB code):

Rich (BB code):

A couple of weekends ago I had a "club run" with the good people on the New Mini Scotland forum. I'd planned on taking my Olympus M1 as it hadn't had an outing in way too long, only to find it had some serious metering issues and had to go in for repair. I'd completely forgotten about my Nikon F80 which was my film camera until I had a sojourn with digital back in 2006. A new set of batteries and a roll of Ferrania P30 and off we went. Turns out it still performs okay, but I can't wait to get the M1 back...

Drumlanrig Castle

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr

Minis on parade

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr

Not Minis

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr

Last edited:
It is certainly a camera that makes you think about what you are doing Here is another scan from the same roll and one from the first roll I shot (another expired Lomography 400) when I really didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't winding it on correctly so was getting multiple exposures. Nice colours though.

Rich (BB code):

Rich (BB code):

You've got that photo of Bramall Hall the wrong way round. ;)

A couple of weekends ago I had a "club run" with the good people on the New Mini Scotland forum. I'd planned on taking my Olympus M1 as it hadn't had an outing in way too long, only to find it had some serious metering issues and had to go in for repair. I'd completely forgotten about my Nikon F80 which was my film camera until I had a sojourn with digital back in 2006. A new set of batteries and a roll of Ferrania P30 and off we went. Turns out it still performs okay, but I can't wait to get the M1 back...

Drumlanrig Castle

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr

Minis on parade

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr

Not Minis

by
Steven Cook, on Flickr
Very nice indeed, Steven. Those look like about the best P30 shots I've seen. Was that an Alpha or a production roll?

I was very interested to see Drumlanrig Castle, having passed the signs to it on the M74 many, many times!

Very nice indeed, Steven. Those look like about the best P30 shots I've seen. Was that an Alpha or a production roll?

I was very interested to see Drumlanrig Castle, having passed the signs to it on the M74 many, many times!

Thanks Chris. These were Alpha rolls, ordered them ages ago (obviously) but they'd sat in a drawer as I was too in love with Addox Silvermax at the time.
The Castle is still closed, but hopefully re-opening next month. The garden and kid's adventure playground is open though.

Back