Show us yer film shots then!

Hopefully it’ll work.
I tried that, but once it started ‘playing up’ it intermittently continued… very frustrating.

Thanks, I hope so but if not I have a spare and an SQ-a so not without options. This particular body is the best cosmetic condition but that means nothing if it won't work consistently. I did run a blank film through it several times and it seemed to work but I now need to check it is exposing correctly before using it on something important.

So i got some more scans back from FilmDev today, I've got loads to share but I think I'll spread them out a little rather than blasting you with them all in one go :D

The ones are shot on expired Portra 160VC; I've had a couple of rolls of this previously and shot it at box speed which ended up with a green-ish cast to them so decided to overexpose as I'm not 100% sure how they've been stored. So this roll was shot at 64 for good measure, some over for the age and a little more because Portra likes it :LOL: I'm pleased with the results and I think I'll shoot the last roll at the same speed although it is a little slow for me normally :)

Stream by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Looking Up by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr
Woodland by Andrew Roberts, on Flickr

A couple from earlier in the week.
Both taken using a Chroma Snapshot and Schneider 90mm F8 lens on Kodak Portra 160.

St James Church, Gawsworth.
St James Church Gawsworth by Andy, on Flickr

Gawsworth Hall
Gawsworth Hall by Andy, on Flickr

^^^^^^^^^^

Very nice Andy, I do love Portra 160 and these two shots shows why.(y)

Thanks Andy. The photo doesn’t convey just how hot, sweaty, and knackered I was when I got to this location.:)
Self portrait next time? :LOL:

Had a couple of different cameras to try... a Ricoh 500G and a Ricoh XR7.
I also tried Fuji x-press C41 to develop the rolls. To say I did not like the developing is an understatement, so much more time consuming than Tetenal. And, both rolls[Kodak Gold & XP2] had issues for half of the roll... they were a noisy, colour shifted mess!.
Anyway, managed to salvage a few images, but nothing to write home about, just as well they were test rolls.
The cameras were ok at least.

Near Tideswell, Derbyshire

Yashica Mat 124G
Ilford HP5+
Ilfotec DD-X 1+4 9mins @ 20°

The house at the bottom
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

These are just the type of shots I would imagine taking with such a camera. I have recently "borrowed" a Yashica-Mat that we bought some time ago for our daughter but she doesn't use it for various reasons. I intend to take it out loaded with Tri X for some oldy worldy shooting like this, inspired by you and others on this Forum.

Had a couple of different cameras to try... a Ricoh 500G and a Ricoh XR7.
I also tried Fuji x-press C41 to develop the rolls. To say I did not like the developing is an understatement, so much more time consuming than Tetenal. And, both rolls[Kodak Gold & XP2] had issues for half of the roll... they were a noisy, colour shifted mess!.
Anyway, managed to salvage a few images, but nothing to write home about, just as well they were test rolls.
The cameras were ok at least.

Lee, these are lovely. I particularly like the timeless feel of the colour images. The monochromes have a lovely silhouette feel and some mystery about them, very nice work.

These are just the type of shots I would imagine taking with such a camera. I have recently "borrowed" a Yashica-Mat that we bought some time ago for our daughter but she doesn't use it for various reasons. I intend to take it out loaded with Tri X for some oldy worldy shooting like this, inspired by you and others on this Forum.

Having someone say that my photograph has provided some level of inspiration is a very nice compliment, so thank you very much. Glad you like the picture. :)

I'm surprised how 'Light' they came out -- my photos on same film had to have bit more exposure as the slides were a fraction 'dark' -- you can easily make them better in software using 'Levels' or 'Curves' Fuji Sensia 100 01.jpgFuji Sensia 100 02.jpg

I'm surprised how 'Light' they came out -- my photos on same film had to have bit more exposure as the slides were a fraction 'dark' -- you can easily make them better in software using 'Levels' or 'Curves' View attachment 322154View attachment 322155

Thanks Pete.

The two photos of the farm were lit with bright sunlight. The sky behind is thickening up with clouds that were moving in from the west, but which hadn't covered the sun completely yet, so I waited for it to break through. The brightness of the image reflects how I remember the scene (within the limitations of E6!) and is also close to how the transparencies look.

The shot of the boats was made on a seperate outing a couple of days later in overcast conditions - although the clouds were beginning to thin and break a little when I made this image. Again though, the brightness of my scan is indicative of my memories of the day and matches the transparencies and also some shots made on my phone (they're selfies though, so no-one is seeing those! :D).

Thanks, I hope so but if not I have a spare and an SQ-a so not without options. This particular body is the best cosmetic condition but that means nothing if it won't work consistently. I did run a blank film through it several times and it seemed to work but I now need to check it is exposing correctly before using it on something important.
So the good news is I ran a roll of slide film through the Broni and all the frames were fine exposure good so it looks like I'm back in business. (sorry no scans as I didn't think it necessary to spend the extra, lightbox is best to check slides)

How's your driving? Main (only!) street in Seatown, Gardenstown, Aberdeenshire. Olympus mju 11, Delta 100, HC-110 Dil B.

#1 The road is actually built on the sea wall.

2021-06-20-0027-copy-tp.jpg

#2 How's your reversing in a tight space?

2021-06-20-0028-copy-tp.jpg

#3 Amazon driver reversing all the way, not just this wide section ........... :notworthy:

2021-06-20-0030-copy-tp.jpg

Canon sureshot Supreme... as I decided to try the Canon sureshot Ace
I sold my Supreme. Didn't have the strength for the shutter button :naughty: . Love the Ace though. WLF, remote control. What more do you need?

Back